Baja 500
Re: Baja 500
[quote="tcm glx Thanks Paul. I have a good chunk of PCI Access Road Maps, any chance you want to send me the ORW ones via email? I am sure it would not hurt to have some extra access roads. I am trying to see if there is a way for us to get in and then out, without being stuck there all day, we will likely go out on Friday to scout exactly that.[/quote]
=
Sorry, I am in CO and all my Baja GPS stuff is in the Bronco in San Felipe.
Lots of routes to the big Junction near FM100. Just winbg it.
PaulW
=
Sorry, I am in CO and all my Baja GPS stuff is in the Bronco in San Felipe.
Lots of routes to the big Junction near FM100. Just winbg it.
PaulW
- BajaF250
- Posts: 2430
- Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
- Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Contact:
Re: Baja 500
Tony,
I don't have any of the GPS maps either... but there are quite a few access roads. I understand they are regrading and providing some extra turnouts for passing. Found this on YouTube. This is a vid of the uphill section of the new summit. This is before regrading.
I don't have any of the GPS maps either... but there are quite a few access roads. I understand they are regrading and providing some extra turnouts for passing. Found this on YouTube. This is a vid of the uphill section of the new summit. This is before regrading.
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Baja 500
BajaF250 wrote:Tony,
I don't have any of the GPS maps either... but there are quite a few access roads. I understand they are regrading and providing some extra turnouts for passing. Found this on YouTube. This is a vid of the uphill section of the new summit. This is before regrading.
Saw this earlier.... interestred in heading up this way on Friday Tom? We can do some join scouting?
- BajaF250
- Posts: 2430
- Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
- Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Contact:
Re: Baja 500
tcm glx wrote:Saw this earlier.... interestred in heading up this way on Friday Tom? We can do some join scouting?
Hey Tony,
Bill, Rick and I plan to head down to the vineyard and then run the coast route north up to Santo Tomas. We'll be on that strech for the race and we're going to scout a good viewing point. Plus, I'm sure we'll have a blast prerunning!
- BDKW1
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
- Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
- Location: Not Socal
Re: Baja 500
You will be at the end of the Vineyard road. Be advised, there is a military check point there now. The military camp takes up about half the room we used to use to pit. Get there early or you will have a very hard time getting a spot.philofab wrote:Looks like I'll be somewhere around mm300.
Pitting along the west side of the highway south of the check point would be a way better option.
-
Broncodawg
- Posts: 711
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:14 pm
- Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find
- Location: Bishop, CA
Re: Baja 500
Summit alert: The landowner that blocked the old route through there decided he likes money and has made a deal to let the course return to the old route. The new section was looking better, but then all the TTs and Class 1s hadn't been over it making their multi point turns and shredding it. Course changes will be up on SCORE site soon.
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Baja 500
Broncodawg wrote:Summit alert: The landowner that blocked the old route through there decided he likes money and has made a deal to let the course return to the old route. The new section was looking better, but then all the TTs and Class 1s hadn't been over it making their multi point turns and shredding it. Course changes will be up on SCORE site soon.
From Score's Site:
TUESDAY, MAY 31 @ 1:00PM
THE COURSE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO THE SUMMIT.
SCORE HAS RECEIVED PERMISSION FROM THE LANDOWNERS TO USE THE SAME
COURSE AS LAST YEAR'S BAJA 500 FROM THE SANTA CATARINA INDIAN VILLAGE
TO NUEVO JUNCTION TO THE SUMMIT.
THE REVISED COURSE IS 1.85 MILES SHORTER AND THE TOTAL MILEAGE IS NOW 452.84.
LOWRANCE & GPX FILES OF THIS COURSE CHANGE ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR
DOWNLOAD ON THE SCORE WEBSITE ON THE BAJA 500 RACE PAGE.
REVISED COURSE NOTES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
THE COURSE CHANGE BEGINS AT RACE MILE 100.62
100.62 - RIGHT AT T INTERSECTION
(+1.04) 101.66 - RIGHT AT FOUR WAY INTERSECTION AND CROSS CATTLE GUARD
(+1.88) 103.54 - LEFT TURN AT NUEVO JUNCTION
(+0.23) 103.77 - LEFT AT Y / STAY OFF RANCH ROAD
(+0.70) 104.47 - STAY STRAIGHT / FENCELINE ON RIGHT
(+0.25) 104.72 - DETOUR AROUND WASHOUT
(+1.53) 106.25 - PASS THROUGH GATE AND CLIMB HILL
(+1.61) 107.86 - GO RIGHT AT Y / LEFT GOES TO DAM
(+0.87) 108.73 - BIG BOULDER IN ROAD / NARROW PASSAGE
(+0.30) 109.03 - GO RIGHT AT Y
(+0.27) 109.30 - WASHOUT
(+0.98) 110.28 - LEFT AT T INTERSECTION
(+1.00) 111.28 - MERGE WITH ORIGINAL COURSE (APPROXIMATELY)
(+3.11) 114.39 - EITHER OR
(+0.19) 114.58 - TOP OF SUMMIT
- Phoenix0783
- Posts: 658
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:50 pm
- Bronco Info: No more Bronco :(
- Location: Bend, OR
- Contact:
Re: Baja 500
I'll be recording whatever weatherman feed I find and will post a url to it when it's over.
My car is a hybrid; it burns gas and rubber.
Re: Baja 500
So I'll be heading down Thursday and camping at Horsepower Ranch that night after their party.
Friday we'll check out contingency then drive down Hwy 1 to where the course crosses the hwy...RM 300ish, then jump on the course and run the section up to Erendira where I've got a house to stay at. We'll try to scope out a good place to watch on Saturday.
Saturday we'll watch the leaders go by somewhere between Ensenada and Ojos, then head south and post up for the rest of the day/night near Erendira somewhere.
I'm getting STOKED! Haven't been down in 4 years. It's just my friend and I in my Ranger...so if somehow I cross paths with any of you, or if you'll be at HP Ranch, let me know. I still wouldn't mind having other vehicles to travel with if it works out.
Also, if anyone needs any kind of support on the pacific side, that's where we will be spending the whole day Saturday.
Jaron
Friday we'll check out contingency then drive down Hwy 1 to where the course crosses the hwy...RM 300ish, then jump on the course and run the section up to Erendira where I've got a house to stay at. We'll try to scope out a good place to watch on Saturday.
Saturday we'll watch the leaders go by somewhere between Ensenada and Ojos, then head south and post up for the rest of the day/night near Erendira somewhere.
I'm getting STOKED! Haven't been down in 4 years. It's just my friend and I in my Ranger...so if somehow I cross paths with any of you, or if you'll be at HP Ranch, let me know. I still wouldn't mind having other vehicles to travel with if it works out.
Also, if anyone needs any kind of support on the pacific side, that's where we will be spending the whole day Saturday.
Jaron
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Baja 500
Tony, Chris, Vic & I will be at HP ranch for the party on Thursday night.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Baja 500
10-4 Steve. I already have you on the list with Don with the Baja Fools.ChaseTruck754 wrote:Tony, Chris, Vic & I will be at HP ranch for the party on Thursday night.
Chris
Re: Baja 500
hey kids - i am heading down tomorrow morning with the lucky sperm crew again. we are staying at the coral (fancy)! i am chasing the 5/1600 car on the pacific side all night saturday. i will be in a lifted extra cab silver chevy hd with utility bed.
who's going to be where on the pacific side?
ollie.
who's going to be where on the pacific side?
ollie.
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Baja 500
The Secret Society of Black Bronco Owners are about to cross the border into Mexico. Baja here we come.
Chris
Chris
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Baja 500
I'm at the bar in the San Nicholas. Our pit location may have been moved...
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Baja 500
HP Ranch was a effin blast last night. The August run is going to be sooo cool!!
Off to contingency!
Off to contingency!
-
Broncodawg
- Posts: 711
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:14 pm
- Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find
- Location: Bishop, CA
Re: Baja 500
HP Ranch party was cool, but damm line for dinner was so long we gave up. Heard they ran short of food and hauled ass to town for more...bummer for us. Pics of the bar and lounge don't do it justice...Very nice! Props to Johnny Campbell and NORRA for their induction to the Legends.
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Baja 500
You're not the only ones. We did the same thing.Broncodawg wrote:HP Ranch party was cool, but damm line for dinner was so long we gave up. Heard they ran short of food and hauled ass to town for more...bummer for us.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
