BAJA HID Excursion III 2012 - August 3rd-5th

Races, meets, etc
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: BAJA HID Excursion III 2012 - August 3rd-5th

Post by BajaBronco13 »

RyanDS650X wrote:August?! I was looking forward to an April run but ill take what i can get. Its pretty far off but ill do my best to make this run, last time was just toooo much fun. This time i wont be so pressed for time though.
Ryan,

We've been discussing a Barstow GFB bbq for April. Any thoughts on that?

Chris
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: BAJA HID Excursion III 2012 - August 3rd-5th

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I don't think I can make this trip in August. The trip to Barstow in April would be awesome! I'm in!
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: BAJA HID Excursion III 2012 - August 3rd-5th

Post by Silverslk »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:I don't think I can make this trip in August. The trip to Barstow in April would be awesome! I'm in!
WEAK!!! You HAVE to go!!! :D
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: BAJA HID Excursion III 2012 - August 3rd-5th

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Hahah we will see. We have some plans for next year that may put me out. If it doesn't go through Carly and I will definately be out there. I talked to her last night and that got her upset. She wanted to go sooner!
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: BAJA HID Excursion III 2012 - August 3rd-5th

Post by Silverslk »

I think Nick wanted to do something in April. Lily actually asked me about that last night. hahaha
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: BAJA HID Excursion III 2012 - August 3rd-5th

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Silverslk wrote:I think Nick wanted to do something in April. Lily actually asked me about that last night. hahaha
April on the Pacific side of Baja would be rough due to weather Andy, so that's why we decided to do August again. Trust me, you guys won't be disappointed.
Last edited by BajaBronco13 on Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
RyanDS650X
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
Location: Mesa, AZ
Contact:

Re: BAJA HID Excursion III 2012 - August 3rd-5th

Post by RyanDS650X »

BajaBronco13 wrote:
RyanDS650X wrote:August?! I was looking forward to an April run but ill take what i can get. Its pretty far off but ill do my best to make this run, last time was just toooo much fun. This time i wont be so pressed for time though.
Ryan,

We've been discussing a Barstow GFB bbq for April. Any thoughts on that?

Chris
That sounds cool, im down for a trip in April. If not Barstow maybe do an overnighter on The Mojave Trail? I dont want to crap up this thread but im game for an April run also.
'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.

"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: BAJA HID Excursion III 2012 - August 3rd-5th

Post by Silverslk »

BajaBronco13 wrote:
Silverslk wrote:I think Nick wanted to do something in April. Lily actually asked me about that last night. hahaha
April on the Pacific side of Baja would be rough due to weather Andy, so that's why we decided to do August again. Trust me, you guys won't be disappointed.
I never said Pacific side Chris. I just said "Nick wanted to do something in April". I was reminded by Lily last night so its funny others are looking for April event (of some kind) too. hahaha
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: BAJA HID Excursion III 2012 - August 3rd-5th

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Hell we just got back from Baja and I'm ready for more dirt Andy, lol.
User avatar
RyanDS650X
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
Location: Mesa, AZ
Contact:

Re: BAJA HID Excursion III 2012 - August 3rd-5th

Post by RyanDS650X »

April works great for me because i dont have a BITD race to chase for. Gotta get my dirt fix some how!!
'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.

"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
User avatar
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 am

Re: BAJA HID Excursion III 2012 - August 3rd-5th

Post by flyinbronco »

I'm in.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: BAJA HID Excursion III 2012 - August 3rd-5th

Post by only1mikey »

Sounds great!

Mike
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: BAJA HID Excursion III 2012 - August 3rd-5th

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Whatre you in for Rick? The trip in april? The baja trip? Both?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
Agui-E7TE
Posts: 1483
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:50 am
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Re: BAJA HID Excursion III 2012 - August 3rd-5th

Post by Agui-E7TE »

If we're doing two trips, I'm in for both as well.
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: BAJA HID Excursion III 2012 - August 3rd-5th

Post by only1mikey »

Hey so Barstow in April huh...

What do you guys think about setting up a little run?

We just did a run last week from outlet center to Giant Rock in JV and back.

Here's a link to a little write up.

http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/general ... 151445.htm

Mike
User avatar
RyanDS650X
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
Location: Mesa, AZ
Contact:

Re: BAJA HID Excursion III 2012 - August 3rd-5th

Post by RyanDS650X »

only1mikey wrote:Hey so Barstow in April huh...

What do you guys think about setting up a little run?

We just did a run last week from outlet center to Giant Rock in JV and back.

Here's a link to a little write up.

http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/general ... 151445.htm

Mike
That sounds like a good time. I didnt know there were sensible people on DR... Excelent beards too by the way!
'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.

"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: BAJA HID Excursion III 2012 - August 3rd-5th

Post by only1mikey »

There are sensible people everywhere, sometimes you just have to weed though the bullshit to find them ;)

But yeah our group is burned out with going in circles on the race course, so lately we have been doing point to point trips and nothing but great times. Few close calls becuase you never know what's around the next bend or whoops but that's what makes it fun right!

Here's pictures from the trip before this trip. Laughlin to Yermo aka Mojave Rd. seriously the best trip I have ever been on and I wasn't even driving.

http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/general ... 147752.htm

Mike
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: BAJA HID Excursion III 2012 - August 3rd-5th

Post by tcm glx »

Barstow in April and Baja in August!
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: BAJA HID Excursion III 2012 - August 3rd-5th

Post by Nick »

I'd be interested. Mickey, do you have gps files for some of those runs? Maybe we can do a little file swapping.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: BAJA HID Excursion III 2012 - August 3rd-5th

Post by only1mikey »

Do I? No the OWL doesn't have a gps, but a few on my buddies have ipads that they use to navigate and make trails with. Lew me see if I can get them from them.

Mike
Post Reply