Welp, I had planned to just do the stock width Autofab fenders on the truck to give the tires a little more room to move, but something came up (more on that later) that wouldn't allow me to run stock width glass. So instead I ended up grabbing a set of the 3" flare Ashley style fenders from Autofab. The fit and finish on these things really is top notch.
Here's a quick pictorial of the install process. I went with some skinned inner fenders that were reinforced with box tubing, and then i had them powdercoated white. I really like how this kept the engine compartment looking stock and allowed me to bolt a lot of the stuff right back up where it was with the stock fenders on there. I've still got a little bit of massaging to do to get them looking and fitting really nice, and plan to get them painted once I swap out the steel hood for fiberglass as well. I need to trim the stock bumper to follow the wheel well lines as well.
@ The start of the project:
Teardown almost complete:
Inner fender installed:
Drivers side fender installed:
Here's where it sat after 2 days working on it:
Then tonight I spent another couple hours massaging, hooking stuff back up, and doing the final assembly. I'm pretty happy with how it came out. It still needs a little massaging, gotta raise the hood stops up in the front, and slide the hood forward just a little bit too. I'd also like to get the lower trim piece under the grille a bit straighter, but will worry about that during final assembly after paint.
