Replacing worn out factory body mounts. Poly? aluminum? Or?

dtbback
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:45 am
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Re: Replacing worn out factory body mounts. Poly? aluminum? Or?

Post by dtbback »

Never mind I thought about it for a second and from the bottom is where it needs to be done.
User avatar
Andy Jones
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
Bronco Info: In the Works!
Location: Canyon Lake,ca
Contact:

Replacing worn out factory body mounts. Poly? aluminum? Or?

Post by Andy Jones »

dtbback
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:45 am
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Re: Replacing worn out factory body mounts. Poly? aluminum? Or?

Post by dtbback »

I have and will probably get them down the road unless I can find an unused set for sale for less than retail
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Replacing worn out factory body mounts. Poly? aluminum? Or?

Post by Rmc »

Just throwing it out there: if you guys ever want aluminum solid body mounts I make them. I've done body lift and lower versions of the solid mounts as well. 250$ a set. Includes all body mounts and core support made of 6061 billet aluminum.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Replacing worn out factory body mounts. Poly? aluminum? Or?

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

dtbback wrote:Never mind I thought about it for a second and from the bottom is where it needs to be done.
Correct. Wear safety glasses, or better yet a face shield. Lots of hot metal shavings falling down on your face & body while doing this.
dirtcowboy
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:49 pm
Bronco Info: too many to list

Re: Replacing worn out factory body mounts. Poly? aluminum? Or?

Post by dirtcowboy »

Here is what I did, I called Daystar and Duff and was told that the poly mounts have a steel ring molded into the mount thereby alleviating the need for the rusted stock steel inners. I still wasn't sold on the idea. After I checked LMC and found out new steel inners were going to cost me a small fortune I decided to make my own. I obtained some aluminum 1" O.D. stock with a 1/2" I.D. hole. I drilled the 1/2" hole out to 5/8. I used 5/8 grade 8 zinc plated bolts and smeared them with anti-sieze on installation. Zero problems so far. FYI this was on my BII if that matters.
Post Reply