Page 1 of 1

C6 or 5 spd SBF

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:01 am
by cs_drums
Going away from the E4OD, not sure whether I want Auto or manual so I figure I’ll let the bronco gods decide. Let me know what you have. Prefferably with manual t-case as well.

Brian 760-419-094three


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C6 or 5 spd SBF

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:07 am
by ESHALLBETTER
C6 with a winters shifter and a manual valve body. That’s the setup I’m running.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C6 or 5 spd SBF

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:26 am
by cs_drums
I should have specified. I’m looking for one or the other to buy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C6 or 5 spd SBF

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:59 am
by ESHALLBETTER
Haha! That seems obvious upon re-reading... Good luck.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: C6 or 5 spd SBF

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:37 pm
by LvSteve
Do a 6R80 or a T56
or
ZF5 speeds at all trans in phx az

Re: C6 or 5 spd SBF

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:08 am
by ChaseTruck754
wouldn't a T56 have issues with the torque? I know mustang guys have issues with the T5's in anything they add power too, and that's behind a 5.0. Don't know the T56's well enough, but they are pretty much the same trans - right??
As for the ZF5 - they are strong but shift like a big truck.

Brian - reach out to Philo and ask his opinion on the 5 speed. I think he's had a few in his bronco & may be able to give some input based on experience.

I know it all depends on what you can find, and cost of course but I'd add the 4L80 to the list to search for. That leads to adapters or t-case swap as well though & might open up too much of a rabbit hole.

C6 or 5 spd SBF

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:55 pm
by Tchajagos
What’s wrong with the E4od?

Re: C6 or 5 spd SBF

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:14 pm
by alpinejd3
Brian I still have my C6, I will send you a message on it.

C6 or 5 spd SBF

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:11 am
by cs_drums
That solves that?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C6 or 5 spd SBF

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:11 am
by cs_drums
.*


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C6 or 5 spd SBF

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:14 am
by cs_drums
Nothing is wrong with the E4OD. I am going to be running a different injection set up that won’t support it so I’d rather switch to non computer controlled rather than add a stand alone for the trans.

I’ll be selling my E4OD complete with punisher, -6 line adapter and winters shifter once I get it out for the swap. Should be a good drop in set up for someone starting there build.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: C6 or 5 spd SBF

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:20 pm
by VintageIronFab
Do you know what adapters are used at the E4OD case to adapt to the —6AN lines ?

Re: C6 or 5 spd SBF

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:08 pm
by dtbback
1/2 inverted flare to -6an fittings.

Re: C6 or 5 spd SBF

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:50 pm
by VintageIronFab
I guess I thought they were a different type of thread? You sure it’s an inverted flare?

Re: C6 or 5 spd SBF

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:46 am
by dtbback
VintageIronFab wrote:I guess I thought they were a different type of thread? You sure it’s an inverted flare?
Yup

Re: C6 or 5 spd SBF

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:14 am
by S00TLYFE
might have a line on a rebuilt c6 if anyone is interested it used to be in my 89