Starter

User avatar
Tchajagos
Posts: 2124
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 am
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs
Location: Murrieta

Starter

Post by Tchajagos »

Anyone have an old started they want to let go for my flareside build? Realized now that it didn't come with a starter haha. Thank you.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Starter

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I've got a couple here I think Travis. I know I have 1 for sure but can look a bit later for more. Do you know what spline count you need etc? I had one I had marked as 302 but can't remember if I sold it. The other one here I forgot to mark what it came off but I think it was out of a bronco as well. If you're up to a little size testing etc. shoot me a text when you're in the area & we can look through here & you can have what you want.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
Tchajagos
Posts: 2124
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 am
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs
Location: Murrieta

Starter

Post by Tchajagos »

Thank you Steve. It's a 95 351w. I will look up what spline it requires and let you know. Thank you.
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Starter

Post by philofab »

All starters for Automatic 302/351W/351C are interchangeable. Only difference is tooth count on starter gear between some manual and auto transmissions.

We stole the 89 Mustang 302 manual starter off my 67 F100 with a 351C and put it on Jesse's 89 351W Bronco in Baja.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Starter

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

That is what I thought, but wasn't positive.

There is a slight chance the 1 starter I have here for sure (haven't looked for others yet) may be ranger (would be off a 3.8L - which is probably the same as the 302/351 as well), or a 360 so that's why knowing spline count, or better yet taking this to a parts store & comparing all to a known, correct one may be smart.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Post Reply