Page 1 of 1

A/C airbox

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:42 pm
by Polarcub
Hey guys I am looking for an A/C airbox for my 95 so I can cut it down. If anyone has one or knows where i can get one I would be much appreciative. I think I need to make a junkyard trip.

Re: A/C airbox

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:14 pm
by bajacowboy
i have one frma 86 bronco not sure if it will work for a 95 but its complete and still all hooked up and blows cold.

Re: A/C airbox

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:55 pm
by tvoymang
I have two of em. One off a 95 f150, which will be best for you since its r134 not r12. $100 with lines pulled and ready to go.

Pm me if interested.

Re: A/C airbox

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:34 am
by Polarcub
Got one coming guys Thanks Bajascott!

Re: A/C airbox

Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:01 pm
by flyinbronco
Just a heads up. There are very minor differences between model years and even between years. I grabbed one from a wrecking yard, oops, dismantler off the same year and the tube coming out of the box going to the condensor hit my Autofab coil bucket. They looked the same but enough of a difference to make it useless.

Re: A/C airbox

Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:16 pm
by cuz_im_CR
flyinbronco wrote:Just a heads up. There are very minor differences between model years and even between years. I grabbed one from a wrecking yard, oops, dismantler off the same year and the tube coming out of the box going to the condensor hit my Autofab coil bucket. They looked the same but enough of a difference to make it useless.
Well now you tell me!!!! Haha thanks for the reply and that is great info...

I have a 96 and used a box off an 1990. The line that goes from the box to condenser has different size fittings on each end so I just had a line made to work. I also replaced the dryer/accumulator with a R134 one.

Now that everything is back together it worked great for a couple days and now I only have the blower motor work on the high setting. 1 2 3 don't work. Only 4

Re: A/C airbox

Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:21 pm
by Tchajagos
That's the resistor. Mine went out and it only worked on high and off. Under the condenser there is a plug that plugs into the AC box. That's the resistor. 2 screws takes it off.