Page 1 of 1
**FEELER** 8 lug Alcoas
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:24 am
by AussieRod
Have heard there were early (pre SD 8 on 170) 8 lug 16" Alcoas? If so, I am interested in finding 6 in good condition.
Re: **FEELER** 8 lug Alcoas
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:57 am
by ESHALLBETTER
From what I understand this is a pretty rare wheel. Just a heads up. Best of luck with the search, I'll keep my eyes open!
Re: **FEELER** 8 lug Alcoas
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:30 am
by AussieRod
ESHALLBETTER wrote:From what I understand this is a pretty rare wheel. Just a heads up. Best of luck with the search, I'll keep my eyes open!
Thanks, Mate

There is a pair on CL, but if they are too hard to find, or too expensive, I'll go Methods in 17".
**FEELER** 8 lug Alcoas
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:47 am
by robertcrav
I've seen them on Craigslist more often than the 15" ones...I'll keep my eye out.
Re: **FEELER** 8 lug Alcoas
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:50 am
by tcm glx
Rod,
I was at the junkyard a few weeks ago and saw two rigs with them.......I know they are rare but they arent super hard to find
Your talking these right:
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/pt ... 29148.html
Re: **FEELER** 8 lug Alcoas
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:16 am
by AussieRod
Yes, Tony, but for the early F250 (8 on 6.5" with the tapered nut).
Re: **FEELER** 8 lug Alcoas
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:48 am
by BajaF250
AussieRod wrote:ESHALLBETTER wrote:From what I understand this is a pretty rare wheel. Just a heads up. Best of luck with the search, I'll keep my eyes open!
Thanks, Mate

There is a pair on CL, but if they are too hard to find, or too expensive, I'll go Methods in 17".
Let me know before you buy... I may have centerlines for sale by that time... but of course, only if you're interested.
Re: **FEELER** 8 lug Alcoas
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:08 am
by ESHALLBETTER
Or if you want methods let me know and I can get you whatever you need.
Re: **FEELER** 8 lug Alcoas
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:56 am
by ChaseTruck754
They are out there and not super uncommon. I've got 12-16 - can't remember. I had more but sold about 8 before I decided I was going to go 8 lug on the supercab. Oh well.
As a heads up there are also just plain Alcoa 16" wheels in the same 8 hole pattern around pretty readily too in the 8x6.5 with tapered lug seats. Guys run them on the Dodge & Chevy's a lot.
There is also a 5 star style one like these but 8 lug. There is a recall on them as I guess they crack at the end of the star pattern where it hits the rim.
The difference between the Ford alcoas & regular alcoas is the center bore is SLIGHTLY different. The fords have 4 notches right around the center bore to fit the center caps, regular alcoa ones do not.
Regular alcoas also will often have an alcoa sticker on the face of the rim or the alcoa logo engraved/stamped into the area between the lug nuts.
Capacity rating between the ford ones and regular ones is the same.
Ford ones were found on F-250's and 350's from 92ish until 97 and then the E-250 & 350 vans up until 2010 or so - maybe later as I'm not sure if the van lug pattern ever did switch to metric.
Here's the ford ones
You can kind of see the notches in this pic
Here's the back of the cap - you can kind of see the 4 prong type setup that fit the notches on the wheels
Regular alcoas look the same, but they fit a center cap like these
They slide through the center bore & are sandwiched between the wheel & hub/rotor.
Re: **FEELER** 8 lug Alcoas
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:08 am
by ChaseTruck754
Re: **FEELER** 8 lug Alcoas
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:18 am
by 4x4_mafia_jon
hit up bro j on fsb i know he has about three sets.. im picking a set up tomorrow for 100 bucks.. there is one that had a few minor scraches.. hope u find a set
Re: **FEELER** 8 lug Alcoas
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:05 pm
by AussieRod
Thanks, Guys!

Like I said, it's a feeler right now. There are wheels out there, so I'm ok for a set or two when I need them. Thanks also for the lesson on them, Steve

Re: **FEELER** 8 lug Alcoas
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:36 pm
by ChaseTruck754
No prob. Just wanted to point out there are other options in your search. Broader search base with same results = good

Re: **FEELER** 8 lug Alcoas
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:39 am
by Dust
Just to hijack slightly...
Were these ever available in a 10"-wide 16 or 17, with the old bolt pattern?
Dust
Re: **FEELER** 8 lug Alcoas
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:46 am
by ChaseTruck754
Ever - not sure but my thought is no. All I've ever seen are 16" and 7-8" wide in the 8 lug pattern.
Looks like 16x7 only is available now, which is the same as what the Ford ones were and makes me think 8's may not have been around...
http://www.alcoa.com/global/en/products ... ry=&page=0
Re: **FEELER** 8 lug Alcoas
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:01 am
by Deleted Account
ChaseTruck754 wrote:Ever - not sure but my thought is no. All I've ever seen are 16" and 7-8" wide in the 8 lug pattern.
Looks like 16x7 only is available now, which is the same as what the Ford ones were and makes me think 8's may not have been around...
http://www.alcoa.com/global/en/products ... ry=&page=0
do you have any center caps for the ford wheels? i lost a rear one. the deep ones.
Re: **FEELER** 8 lug Alcoas
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:21 am
by ChaseTruck754
sorry mark but no. All I've ever had are the small/shallow, 2wd fronts. Had like 6-8 of um and everybody has always asked me for the big/deep rear ones. I guess the big ones must be easier to loose. Makes sense I guess - they are longer so more leverage on the clips holding them in.