**FEELER** 8 lug Alcoas

AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

**FEELER** 8 lug Alcoas

Post by AussieRod »

Have heard there were early (pre SD 8 on 170) 8 lug 16" Alcoas? If so, I am interested in finding 6 in good condition.
Last edited by AussieRod on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Re: **FEELER** 8 lug Alcoas

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

From what I understand this is a pretty rare wheel. Just a heads up. Best of luck with the search, I'll keep my eyes open!
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:From what I understand this is a pretty rare wheel. Just a heads up. Best of luck with the search, I'll keep my eyes open!
Thanks, Mate :D There is a pair on CL, but if they are too hard to find, or too expensive, I'll go Methods in 17".
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

**FEELER** 8 lug Alcoas

Post by robertcrav »

I've seen them on Craigslist more often than the 15" ones...I'll keep my eye out.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Rod,
I was at the junkyard a few weeks ago and saw two rigs with them.......I know they are rare but they arent super hard to find

Your talking these right:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/pt ... 29148.html
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

tcm glx wrote:Rod,
I was at the junkyard a few weeks ago and saw two rigs with them.......I know they are rare but they arent super hard to find

Your talking these right:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/pt ... 29148.html
Yes, Tony, but for the early F250 (8 on 6.5" with the tapered nut).
BajaF250
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250

Post by BajaF250 »

AussieRod wrote:
ESHALLBETTER wrote:From what I understand this is a pretty rare wheel. Just a heads up. Best of luck with the search, I'll keep my eyes open!
Thanks, Mate :D There is a pair on CL, but if they are too hard to find, or too expensive, I'll go Methods in 17".
Let me know before you buy... I may have centerlines for sale by that time... but of course, only if you're interested.
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Or if you want methods let me know and I can get you whatever you need.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

They are out there and not super uncommon. I've got 12-16 - can't remember. I had more but sold about 8 before I decided I was going to go 8 lug on the supercab. Oh well.

As a heads up there are also just plain Alcoa 16" wheels in the same 8 hole pattern around pretty readily too in the 8x6.5 with tapered lug seats. Guys run them on the Dodge & Chevy's a lot.

There is also a 5 star style one like these but 8 lug. There is a recall on them as I guess they crack at the end of the star pattern where it hits the rim.

The difference between the Ford alcoas & regular alcoas is the center bore is SLIGHTLY different. The fords have 4 notches right around the center bore to fit the center caps, regular alcoa ones do not.
Regular alcoas also will often have an alcoa sticker on the face of the rim or the alcoa logo engraved/stamped into the area between the lug nuts.

Capacity rating between the ford ones and regular ones is the same.

Ford ones were found on F-250's and 350's from 92ish until 97 and then the E-250 & 350 vans up until 2010 or so - maybe later as I'm not sure if the van lug pattern ever did switch to metric.

Here's the ford ones

You can kind of see the notches in this pic

Here's the back of the cap - you can kind of see the 4 prong type setup that fit the notches on the wheels

Regular alcoas look the same, but they fit a center cap like these

They slide through the center bore & are sandwiched between the wheel & hub/rotor.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

4x4_mafia_jon
Bronco Info: all stock on some 33s.. just crossed over from the rock crawler dackside

Post by 4x4_mafia_jon »

hit up bro j on fsb i know he has about three sets.. im picking a set up tomorrow for 100 bucks.. there is one that had a few minor scraches.. hope u find a set
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

Thanks, Guys! :D Like I said, it's a feeler right now. There are wheels out there, so I'm ok for a set or two when I need them. Thanks also for the lesson on them, Steve :D
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

No prob. Just wanted to point out there are other options in your search. Broader search base with same results = good :D
Dust
Bronco Info: Go Slow Ford's From 1957 to 1994

Post by Dust »

Just to hijack slightly...
Were these ever available in a 10"-wide 16 or 17, with the old bolt pattern?

Dust
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Ever - not sure but my thought is no. All I've ever seen are 16" and 7-8" wide in the 8 lug pattern.

Looks like 16x7 only is available now, which is the same as what the Ford ones were and makes me think 8's may not have been around...
http://www.alcoa.com/global/en/products ... ry=&page=0
Deleted Account
Bronco Info: depends on what day

Post by Deleted Account »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Ever - not sure but my thought is no. All I've ever seen are 16" and 7-8" wide in the 8 lug pattern.

Looks like 16x7 only is available now, which is the same as what the Ford ones were and makes me think 8's may not have been around...
http://www.alcoa.com/global/en/products ... ry=&page=0
do you have any center caps for the ford wheels? i lost a rear one. the deep ones.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

sorry mark but no. All I've ever had are the small/shallow, 2wd fronts. Had like 6-8 of um and everybody has always asked me for the big/deep rear ones. I guess the big ones must be easier to loose. Makes sense I guess - they are longer so more leverage on the clips holding them in.