Looking for King 2.5" smoothie "short body" shocks, or shafts from a 10" stroke 2.5" king.
I need a shock with the body of an 8" stroke & the shaft from a 10" stroke. I have King 2.5" x 8" stroke smoothie prerunner series I can trade or use as partial trade. This is also why just finding 10" shafts would work.
Anyone here put 12" shafts in a 10" body & have the old shafts around????
May consider fox or possibly other brand COMPLETE SHOCKS for the right deal if they meet the 8" body with 10" shaft spec.
"short body" king shocks or 10" stroke shock SHAFTS
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
"short body" king shocks or 10" stroke shock SHAFTS
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
"short body" king shocks or 10" stroke shock SHAFTS
Buddy has 3.0 king bypasses 6" stoke with 16" travel shaft. You could cut the shaft where uiu need it and do a weld uniball cup were you need it. Let me know if your interested I'll work a deal with my buddy.
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: "short body" king shocks or 10" stroke shock SHAFTS
wow that is an odd configuration!
All tabs, etc are already set up for the standard shock ends so not sure the welded uniball setup would work in the tabs. Then again for the right deal (read cheeeeeeap!) I'd be willing to look at re-working some stuff. Assuming it's a single tube bypass at that body size? Feel free to PM me a price, but my guess is these may not be for me.
All tabs, etc are already set up for the standard shock ends so not sure the welded uniball setup would work in the tabs. Then again for the right deal (read cheeeeeeap!) I'd be willing to look at re-working some stuff. Assuming it's a single tube bypass at that body size? Feel free to PM me a price, but my guess is these may not be for me.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
"short body" king shocks or 10" stroke shock SHAFTS
2 tube, I have the weld uniball a on my 18s they are the same width size as normal lowers just no big chunk of aluminum. Buddy wants $400.
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: "short body" king shocks or 10" stroke shock SHAFTS
Thanks for checkin on it. I'm going to pass for now, but if I can't find something that'll work I may come back to you.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
