Page 1 of 1

Fuel Pressure Regulator Tuning

Posted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:24 am
by dunc92
Hello all, This is my first post. I have been reading the posts on here for a while and used them for my build. Currently I am running a 351w with gt40 heads, headers, and the edelbrock truck intake. It is my understanding that I can get it to run better by adjusting the fuel pressure. SInce my truck is SD, I understand that tuning is a little more difficult. Do any of you have experience with adjusting the fuel pressure?

Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator Tuning

Posted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:35 am
by Phoenix0783
Speed density systems are really bad dealing with upgrades to the intake side of the system, and especially with larger cams. Increasing fuel pressure will make the injectors flow more fuel which will cause their firing durations to be dialed back. It will only cause issues.

Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator Tuning

Posted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:27 pm
by dunc92
I stayed with the stock cam cause I was hoping to avoid those issues. Looks like I will just set it at the stock fuel pressure and hope for the best. Thanks for the reply

Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator Tuning

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:27 am
by Hauls Assington
Do a carb on it, and wild cam, and haul ass.