Preper and bug out suplies

Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

I am doing a project with my mom. We have started putting together disaster preparness supplies.
We have already picked up 72 hour emergency food packs. We have them in both our houses and in both our cars.

I have put emergency radio communication's in both our cars, basically Kenwood 110 watt Race radios. Just in case cell service goes out, we can get ahold of each other.

We picked up a couple 50 gal blue food grade containers for water.

One more thing we are working on are bug out backpacks. I have put a 72 hour
Food pack, led flash lite, tool kit, water, handheld VHF race radio, first aide kit and glow sticks.
I am planning on adding a good folding knife and a fixed blade machete or tactical ax of some kind.
I was also thinking of putting a hand held GPS in the back packs. We will see.

Are you guys prepped for a disaster and what are you doing?
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Re: Preper and bug out suplies

Post by philofab »

I just keep track of what my neighbors have that I could use in case of emergency. Also, I have stocked up on weapons to facilitate them donating those things to me when and if.
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

philofab wrote:I just keep track of what my neighbors have that I could use in case of emergency. Also, I have stocked up on weapons to facilitate them donating those things to me when and if.

That's called sneaky prepping.
PaleRider
Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco with aftermarket lift, BroncoAir bumpers

Post by PaleRider »

It's called looting.
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

Do Slim Jims and funyons count?
squirelmurphy
Bronco Info: No broncos, but I have a 73 f100 with a big block. Does that count?

Post by squirelmurphy »

To quote funny guy Bill Burr, you're just saving stuff up for the toughest guy on the block.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

That is why me and mom have AR15'S and we are looking at a CCW light weight 40 cal for us both.. my Ruger p89 is a pain to carry compared to new polymer handguns.
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

I think you should look at a Sig P238.
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

In addition to the 40 head of cattle, I have plenty of ammo and a seemingly endless supply of deer round here. Also lots of turkey, ducks, a couple billion geese shitting on everything in sight........ These birds make seagulls look like amateurs........

My GF's grandparents lived most of their lives here in what we would now term "off the grid". We still have working wells and windmill pumps. If anything really bad ever did happen, I would much rather be here than in California.........
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

Where is here, Brian?
Wrightracing.net

Ya, I have been trying to find a good plot of land that we can vacation at and have a fallback place out of the city. I am looking for 20+ acres in the Plaster City Imperial Valley area.

I will have to Check out the Sig. I am a fan of the Springfield XD, I rented a 5' 40 caliber at the range and it felt really comfortable. It was really easy to get use to even after 3 shots it is really predictable thus making it accurate right off the bat. I want to check out a couple sub compact models next time I am at the range. I will see if they have a Sig to rent also. I liked the Glock, but it just did not feel a natural as others I liked, like the Berretta 40 was the next best 40 cal I have shot, but not a great CCW gun.
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

PaleRider wrote:It's called looting.

It's not looting if I convince you to give it to me.
dtbback

Post by dtbback »

philofab wrote:

It's not looting if I convince you to give it to me.

Hahahahahaha!
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

Nick wrote:Where is here, Brian?
Easton KS.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

I have my bases covered for protection/security. I will barter that with people who are less equipped to secure themselves but have supplies I need.

One thing I've learned is that planning is key but plans don't always play out. The less variables the less to go wrong. Pack light and know where supplies reside.
dtbback

Post by dtbback »

GFB Bug out crew! More than enough room for people and supplies at speed!
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

philofab wrote:I just keep track of what my neighbors have that I could use in case of emergency. Also, I have stocked up on weapons to facilitate them donating those things to me when and if.
My situation is the reverse. I am sure my neighbors keep track of what I have, so that they can "liberate' it when the SHTF. Fortunately, I have several firearms I am extremely proficient with and at least 500+ rounds for each along with plenty of spare mags and clips. "Liberation" would be extremely costly for any who get itchy fingers. ;)
Having said that, I have several caches located in strategic locations well stocked with the required necessities for extended SHTF scenarios. Cant be too prepared. :D
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

Looting is stealing someone's 60" TV and BluRay. Politely assisting your protective neighbor isnt looting. ;)
PaleRider
Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco with aftermarket lift, BroncoAir bumpers

Post by PaleRider »

What's you definition of assistance? My definition is giving.

The taking of another's property at a time of duress is looting. Taking it by force is robbery. To facilitate the removal of another's property with the use of weapons would be robbery.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

I'm not talking about taking by force in talking about offering my assistance to ward off people trying to take by force in trade for supplies.