Page 1 of 1
How much bronco does it take to beat a stock raptor?
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:05 pm
by Hauls Assington
I'm wondering what would be the minimum level of bronco modification needed to soundly win a desert race against a stock 6.2 raptor?
Re: How much bronco does it take to beat a stock raptor?
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:46 pm
by philofab
Hauls Assington wrote:I'm wondering what would be the minimum level of bronco modification needed to soundly win a desert race against a stock 6.2 raptor?
Not a lot in most terrains. Raptors aren't really fast, they are just a great all around vehicle.
Re: How much bronco does it take to beat a stock raptor?
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:51 pm
by Hauls Assington
I have never driven one, but I had a 97 f150 4x4 with mud terrains and it hauled ass in the desert.
Re: How much bronco does it take to beat a stock raptor?
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:59 pm
by philofab
Agave Louis' Bronco would easily beat a Raptor and I think it's just a coilover front, bypass rear, deavers, with good valving. The terrain really matters though... if it's a drag race on asphalt the Raptor is going to win. If it's technical the Raptor will be dragging sidesteps and bumpers and might even get high centered.
Stock vs Stock? Raptor will win hands down.
Re: How much bronco does it take to beat a stock raptor?
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:03 pm
by PBR
I've had both and my Bronco would walk all over my stock Raptor on anything other then a fire road.
My Bronco had an old school Autofab set-up front and rear.
Re: How much bronco does it take to beat a stock raptor?
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:25 pm
by Hauls Assington
Nice, I wanted a raptor, but the funds werent there, i think if i can do a decent job finishing my build i will achieve my goals.
Re: How much bronco does it take to beat a stock raptor?
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:00 pm
by Wrightracing.net
I think and this is opinion not based in fact but a Bronco with a $10,000 stroker motor and $30,000 into the rest of it would be a cheaper and faster all around investment. But I may be bias.
Yet if I was rich, I would have both built to trophy truck standards. Then I will wake up from that dream.

Re: How much bronco does it take to beat a stock raptor?
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:37 pm
by dtbback
My buddy has a raptor and he was talking smack about my bronco compared to his raptor. i can't wait to finish my build and watch him fade in my rear view!
Re: How much bronco does it take to beat a stock raptor?
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:02 pm
by Wrightracing.net
That's what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How much bronco does it take to beat a stock raptor?
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:16 pm
by Hauls Assington
You should make a raptor stompin video!
I think I should have a raptor beat in horsepower, weight, and suspension travel. We will see if I can pull off a reliable, good handling bronc.
My build is "the beast" in the big broncos, I need to take more progress pics, the problem is, I use my phone to rock out to pandora while I'm working on it, and so I never end up taking pics!
Re: How much bronco does it take to beat a stock raptor?
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:03 pm
by dtbback
Hauls- Been following your build! The beast is awesome!
Re: How much bronco does it take to beat a stock raptor?
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:39 am
by Rustbucketracer
I spanked a raptor in Glamis. Got into a pretty big whoop section, and maybe it was the wheelbase but he couldn't keep up and kept bunny hopping and rear bouncing. I just floated over the top.
However, that same Raptor did go straight up Oldsmobile Hill, and I don't think I have the HP or balls for that.
Re: How much bronco does it take to beat a stock raptor?
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:29 pm
by Hauls Assington
Nice, I have always wanted to go to glamis, maybe someday!
Re: How much bronco does it take to beat a stock raptor?
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:29 pm
by gunit
I have done preruns with a couple of Raptors and on the race course my built Bronco is way faster, on the highway not so much.
Re: How much bronco does it take to beat a stock raptor?
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:36 pm
by gunit
I forgot to say C&T beams 2.5 CO & bypass in front 3" bypass with Nationals and two link in rear, full cage for rigidity. 331 GT40 motor
Re: How much bronco does it take to beat a stock raptor?
Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:23 pm
by Hauls Assington
Gunit, i love your bronc!! I read through your build thread when i first found this site, and liked what i saw!