GFB on instagram

Post by Nick »

Who put up the GFB instagram?
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Re: GFB on instagram

Post by Rmc »

I'm not following an accnt named Gfb on there but there is a Gfb hashtag page.
Phoenix0783
Bronco Info: No more Bronco :(

Post by Phoenix0783 »

Saw it on the "explore" section. Thought it was legit. Guess not.
Rmc wrote:I'm not following an accnt named Gfb on there but there is a Gfb hashtag page.
The account is spelled out, not abbreviated.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

insta - what???
Travisfab
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Post by Travisfab »

I'm wondering what happened to the original owner. A few weeks ago I asked if I could have the password, the owner ended up giving it to me, but he still wanted to own the page. I wasn't too interested in trying to share it. All the sudden the page disappeared and I decided to swoop it up. I run the page for Fiberwerx and I've managed to accumulate over 20K followers.

So the question at hand for Nick...

Can I link to this forum and use the logos?

My plan is to put together a comprehensive collection of Go Fast Broncos. I'll also use the page to drive new users to this forum. I look to gain nothing from this effort, only the satisfaction of sharing, and adding to the Go Fast Bronco brotherhood!
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

Travisfab wrote:I'm wondering what happened to the original owner. A few weeks ago I asked if I could have the password, the owner ended up giving it to me, but he still wanted to own the page. I wasn't too interested in trying to share it. All the sudden the page disappeared and I decided to swoop it up. I run the page for Fiberwerx and I've managed to accumulate over 20K followers.

So the question at hand for Nick...

Can I link to this forum and use the logos?

My plan is to put together a comprehensive collection of Go Fast Broncos. I'll also use the page to drive new users to this forum. I look to gain nothing from this effort, only the satisfaction of sharing, and adding to the Go Fast Bronco brotherhood!
Travis, let me check with the other stooges. It's not my decision alone to make. I'm not mad that someone did this, it's just that we've worked hard to make this place what it is, along with all of you. And I for one want to protect it.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

The name is broncoprerunners currently being used (I just searched it) Not Gfb. By the way Gfb admin: there's billions of instagrammers and potential Gfb-ers on Instagram. Swoop em up so they can link to here. I'm of the belief that if you guys want "gofastbroncos" as a brand presence you need to control all forms of social media to maintain your brand and redirect them to here as you main media format. It's in your best interest. Also you guys might want to do the t shirt, keychain, sticker thing as incentive and possibly a decent paycheck for your efforts. Not trying to push your site or twist your arms but outside of trademarking you guys will need to do something of this fashion to control namesake in social media formats. Other formats you may consider: Instagram, flicker, Facebook, MySpace ( if it's still around) ect. Just my computer illiterate 2 cents for what it's worth. My mom sold 20k $ a month in t shirts ect as a side bar to her product line they sold at car shows so I'm pretty aware of this potential moves necissity .
Smart Alex
Bronco Info: 1991 351. lightweight special

Post by Smart Alex »

So Travis, you are the person I've asked repedatly who is running the Gfb instagram? And did not reply multiple times and then changed the name to bronco prerunners or something like that?

Michael Cox
Travisfab

Post by Travisfab »

Nick wrote:Travis, let me check with the other stooges. It's not my decision alone to make. I'm not mad that someone did this, it's just that we've worked hard to make this place what it is, along with all of you. And I for one want to protect it.
Well I hope that you and the other stooges would feel confident that I will continue with your philosophy. My plan is to focus solely on Broncos. Nothing other than photos of Broncos will be posted. If there is ever something that is posted that does not jive with the philosophy, I will remove it. I fully understand the sentiment of wanting to protect it.
Travisfab

Post by Travisfab »

Smart Alex wrote:So Travis, you are the person I've asked repedatly who is running the Gfb instagram? And did not reply multiple times and then changed the name to bronco prerunners or something like that?

Michael Cox

No that was not me.
Smart Alex

Post by Smart Alex »

Hmmm
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

In all honesty, I think the right thing to do would be to make one of the 4 of us stooges a co-admin of the page...
Travisfab

Post by Travisfab »

Smart Alex wrote:Hmmm
You sent the last guy running!
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:insta - what???
I believe it's a website for sending instant photographic telegrams to the masses.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

SteveG wrote:
I believe it's a website for sending instant photographic telegrams to the masses.

How exactly does it work....do you take a picture, and the put it " on the line"....?
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Didn't Jesse start the broncoprerunners? Seemed like we were talking about that once.
Smart Alex

Post by Smart Alex »

Well it was just weird he was advertising bga hid and "score" so I found it odd. And wanted to know who it was. If it wasn't ^^^^^ tony it has to of been a h.s. sophomore from south Carolina.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

What does this stooge think?

My initial thought is it's odd that someone would create an account for anything with someone else' name. No, GFB is not someone's name but it may as well me my name, Nick's name, Ollie's or Brian's. As Nick has already said, we've worked hard for GFB and this is our baby. It doesn't feel good for someone to grab our baby and run with it... regardless of intentions.

These days, ownership of something like GFB's name is lost in he internet and doesn't mean much to many but it means a lot to me. GFB and a couple other forums are the extent of my social media, so I guess I don't know how it works but personally I wouldn't feel right about starting an account in someone's name without them being notified and approving first.

So why don't the founders do this stuff before users (or whoever is doing them) do it. Clearly, we are not as socially-savvy as we should be but it's also possible that we don't want to be. Maybe we're OK with out baby hanging out in the corner and drawing people organically rather than a shot of steroids via social media that will not necessarily bring high-quality members but potentially non-contributing members or, even worse, members that contribute in a negative way. I'm not saying that's the case, but shouldn't it be our choice?
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

@tony: post a pic random peeps view it,only your followers can see it what you post, if it gets enough likes it makes it to the popular list and then when ever random people hit the explore icon random " popular" or trending pics pop up. Then you your pic or your brand get a shit ton of exposure world wide. Kind like free advertising/ photo share site.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

tcm glx wrote:
SteveG wrote:

How exactly does it work....do you take a picture, and the put it " on the line"....?
Yes. I do believe that is how it works. It is a great way to take advantage of the pound sign on your phone. I think the kids are now calling it a "hash tag".