Page 1 of 5
Day job
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:17 pm
by tcm glx
What does everyone do (day to job)
Just curious to know what your skills and backgrounds are.
I work for ADP (the payroll company, not the home security company). I am in Sales Operational Support for them.
Re: Day job
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:23 pm
by gunit
I own and operate a gun store specializing in high grade double barreled shotguns.
www.williamlarkinmoore.com
Re: Day job
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:40 pm
by yikes
I work in micro-machining. I'm currently the Engineering and Technologies Manager for our Secondary & Assembly Operations. Here's the website:
http://www.sorensoneng.com
Re: Day job
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:42 pm
by PBR
my buddy holds the world record for some shooting thing, he is a huge gun collector also.
http://www.spencerhoglund.com/
Re: Day job
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:45 pm
by PBR
i am a video editor, mostly tv stuff. i do shows, trailers, commercials, etc. i never went to school for it, it just kind of fell into my lap.
Re: Day job
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:48 pm
by bajascott
yikes wrote:I work in micro-machining. I'm currently the Engineering and Technologies Manager for our Secondary & Assembly Operations. Here's the website:
http://www.sorensoneng.com
haha brian, my father-n-law used to work there about12 yrs ago. name is art, he a crazy bostonian.
Re: Day job
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:49 pm
by Andy Jones
unemployed Land Surveyor. Stunt Man during the day!! Super Hero At Night!!
Re: Day job
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:52 pm
by Silverslk
I am a calibration Tech at a Pharmaceutical/Biotech Company.
I calibrate pressure, temperature, ph, conductivity and mass among MANY other things
Re: Day job
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:53 pm
by bajascott
im an unemployed sheetmetal worker/fabricator.(but my wife got a job today so i get to be the dadmom now)
Re: Day job
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:54 pm
by Andy Jones
^^^ its a sweet gig!! I've been doing it for awhile now!
Re: Day job
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:57 pm
by billy1911
I build websites and do IT work.
Also do part time chasing and all around entrepreneur.
Re: Day job
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:42 pm
by Nick
I'm a heavy equipment operator I.U.O.E local 12.
Re: Day job
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:43 pm
by BajaBronco13
I'm a Bronco collector.... oh I don't get paid for that. I'm a Litigation Technology Coordinator who builds databases that help my attorneys cull through e-data to build their case against the other side.
Re: Day job
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:44 pm
by yikes
Nick wrote:I'm a heavy equipment operator I.U.O.E local 12.
Shouldn't that be I.O.U.D. ??? Ha!
Re: Day job
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:45 pm
by yikes
BajaBronco13 wrote:I'm a Bronco collector....
Haha!
Re: Day job
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:46 pm
by Nick
yikes wrote:Nick wrote:I'm a heavy equipment operator I.U.O.E local 12.
Shouldn't that be I.O.U.D. ??? Ha!
More like I.O. EVERYONE!
Re: Day job
Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:52 am
by philofab
I work in a small shop in a small town that does a lot of different things. We used to specialize in custom motorcycles & hot rods but it's hard to make a living here at that. We also have a mail order business that sold shaved door handle kits, but since everyone on the planet copied our design that doesn't do well anymore. So now we do general welding/fab work, repair & sell golfcarts, repair & sell mobility scooters, repair and sell lifts for mobility scooters, install adaptive mobility equipment (driving hand controls), and do custom and repair automotive exhaust work.
If that wasn't enough I also buy and sell at lots of swapmeets on the side and am a eBay powerseller.
http://www.unklals.com/
Re: Day job
Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:52 am
by philofab
Oh, and I sell batteries too....
Re: Day job
Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:46 pm
by BajaDale
I work at a small but busy Off-road shop in Kamloops B.C. Canada. We specialize in long travel suspension and custom fabrication.
www.baja-north.com
Re: Day job
Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:26 pm
by flyinbronco
I'm a superintendent for a highway safety specialty contractor. We install guard rail, bridge railings, concrete barrier walls both formed and extruded, overhead sign structures, crash cushions and that sort of stuff.
I'm the guy with the coolest boss ever. He gave me a new Raptor for my new work truck. Man I love that guy.