Page 1 of 2

Winter SUCKS!

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:49 pm
by SteveG
I just want someone to commiserate with....
uploadfromtaptalk1386967736111.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1386967736111.jpg (23.75 KiB) Viewed 1208 times

Re: Winter SUCKS!

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:43 pm
by 300
Says its supposed to be 75 in SLO tomorrow.

I can tell you it was close to that on the same date in 1985. I remember parts of it!

Re: Winter SUCKS!

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:26 pm
by ESHALLBETTER
I hate you guys...

It's 12° out, -3 with windchill. It is so far the warmest day this week. Car washes have been closed for the last 3 or 4 days.

To make matters worse, I ran over the 2x4 block I use to keep my trailer from rolling with the snowblower and I'm having to shovel my driveway by hand!

Re: Winter SUCKS!

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:42 pm
by ChaseTruck754
Snow? What the hell is that?

Although it was in the mid 30's here the other night so I guess we were technically close.

Good thing it's supposed to be back up to 80 on sunday :D (sorry Erik)



Bummer on the snow blower - did you wipe out a blade or what? Never been close enough to one of those things to see what was inside or how they actually work.

Re: Winter SUCKS!

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:11 pm
by ESHALLBETTER
ChaseTruck754 wrote:Snow? What the hell is that?

Although it was in the mid 30's here the other night so I guess we were technically close.

Good thing it's supposed to be back up to 80 on sunday :D (sorry Erik)



Bummer on the snow blower - did you wipe out a blade or what? Never been close enough to one of those things to see what was inside or how they actually work.
Not sure..Pulled the pin that holds the auger on the drive shaft and backed it out. When I try to engage the auger it whines and squeels like it is still jammed. I'll have to dig into it in the next few days.

Re: Winter SUCKS!

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:30 am
by Seabass
It's -31* with the wind chill bringing it to -49* where I'm at. It warmed up since yesterday :lol:

Re: Winter SUCKS!

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:04 am
by ChaseTruck754
Well that sucks.

Was 86* in Silverado Canyon yesterday ;)

Re: Winter SUCKS!

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:01 pm
by Agui-E7TE
Check out what the temperature range is like for the International Space Station

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sc ... st21mar_1/

Re: Winter SUCKS!

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:27 pm
by blueoval8493
I love winter. The only way to get through it here in snow contry is to buy a sled. I think anybody that was into fast off road vehicle would be atleast alittle intrigued. The acceleration and crazy bump eating suspensions in the newer sleds are amazing. And if you're cold you can always just put on more cloths. Sure beats the hell outta snowblowing/shoveling. :D

Re: Winter SUCKS!

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:58 pm
by ChaseTruck754
We typically hit the in-laws place in Bend, OR for new years & a couple years ago we rented sleds as a family. LOOOVED it. The in-laws (sister in law mainly) were not super thrilled as we had a very beaten up track that was all whooped out. For me lit was like a cold baja bike ride. They weren't so happy with it. I knew how to handle the whoops though.

I always said if I moved to a snowy place I'd get one for sure as they are fun!

Re: Winter SUCKS!

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:57 am
by hobbyturnedobsession
Its way cold in bend right now. I was talking to a friend who lives up there and it was -28 a few weeks ago. They were drinking beer next to the fire and the beer froze.

Re: Winter SUCKS!

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:56 am
by ChaseTruck754
DAMN!

I know it's been cold as the in-laws got notice that the management company was turning on the heaters in the condos so the water in the pipes inside the places wouldn't freeze.

In laws are headed up there in a few weeks, for the typical New Years trip, but we can't fly due to the beach ball so we're staying here. May be for the best if it's that cold though.

Re: Winter SUCKS!

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:59 pm
by ESHALLBETTER
ChaseTruck754 wrote:DAMN!

.....but we can't fly due to the beach ball so we're staying here......
Huh?

Re: Winter SUCKS!

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:15 pm
by ChaseTruck754
my wife looks like she's hiding a beach ball under her shirt.

Re: Winter SUCKS!

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:20 pm
by ESHALLBETTER
ChaseTruck754 wrote:my wife looks like she's hiding a beach ball under her shirt.
I had no idea man. Congrats!

Re: Winter SUCKS!

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:23 pm
by ChaseTruck754
Thanks. Haven't really said much about it on the boards. Just a little here or there like the above.

Re: Winter SUCKS!

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:42 pm
by ESHALLBETTER
Good thing you kept the crew and let the supercab go! :lol:

Re: Winter SUCKS!

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:44 pm
by ChaseTruck754
That's been the plan for the crew since before I ever even met my wife = family hauler someday.

The supercab was supposed to be a 4 seater play toy, so it still would have fit the family, but just no need for another project right now. That being said - when this crew is done I hope to start another to replace the supercab.

Re: Winter SUCKS!

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:11 pm
by ESHALLBETTER
When my bronco is done I never want to start another project....ever. Hahaha!

Re: Winter SUCKS!

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:23 pm
by ChaseTruck754
yeah but your bronco is for going fast. I made the mistake of building a "normal" truck. Hind sight being 20/20 I would have still built a crew, but more of a well rounded rig - something with a d50TT front that could haul people & arse in the dirt.