Page 1 of 1
1996 Bronco Info Wanted
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:54 am
by robjs111
Wondering what you guys think of a 1996 Bronco XLT with 50k original miles. Bronco was hit in pass side door, repaired but has been back east since new and has some rust, rot issues. Asking 10k???
Pics below.
Thanks.
Rob
Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:17 am
by philofab
10K seems high for stock sport with issues. You can buy a clean Sport rust free in California for about 4-6K and have it shipped to NY for about 1K.
Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:40 am
by robjs111
Well I have been living in Vegas since 2001 and fell in luv with off road racing. Back in NY working to keep job due to cutbacks but not for much longer. What do you think its worth with 50k original miles?
1996 Broncos any better than 95 and under? Think they have Gen II ECU, etc but not sure.
Thanks.
Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:44 am
by SteveG
philofab wrote:10K seems high for stock sport with issues. You can buy a clean Sport rust free in California for about 4-6K and have it shipped to NY for about 1K.
Ditto. For 10K in Cali you can buy a Bronco with a bunch of desert goodies already installed.
Thread moved.
Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:20 am
by BajaBronco13
I got my 1995 one owner 79k mile Bronco for $4,500.00 and it's one of the cleaner Broncos I have seen while shopping for Broncos:

Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:34 am
by philofab
robjs111 wrote:Well I have been living in Vegas since 2001 and fell in luv with off road racing. Back in NY working to keep job due to cutbacks but not for much longer. What do you think its worth with 50k original miles?
1996 Broncos any better than 95 and under? Think they have Gen II ECU, etc but not sure.
Thanks.
Most 96 have a MAF and are ODB2. Are they better? Not really, just different. Even with only 50k miles I would avoid it due to rust issues... I'm a spoiled AZ boy. I'm sure the values of these things are way different in NY so my input may not be valid.
Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:15 pm
by Nick
philofab wrote:10K seems high for stock sport with issues. You can buy a clean Sport rust free in California for about 4-6K and have it shipped to NY for about 1K.
What he said!
Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:57 pm
by Squarehead
BajaBronco13 wrote:I got my 1995 one owner 79k mile Bronco for $4,500.00 and it's one of the cleaner Broncos I have seen while shopping for Broncos:

Man, that is one nice looking Bronco.
Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:00 pm
by ChaseTruck754
Broncos are dirt cheap over here now. Definitely skip the 10K one and take a trip to Calif. when you get back to Vegas. I know where one just like that (it's a 94 I think though) is for $2500. Lots more miles but body is much better. Motor work costs less than body work...
Also - for the 95 vs. 96 here in CA it can be a big deal. OBD2 can be much harder to get through smog. If you won't have to deal with the smog nazi's like here in CA there's not enough difference to worry about.
Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:57 pm
by Polarcub
What everyone else has said 10K too much even with low mileage...the rust issues will continue. Interior looks clean though.
Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted
Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:59 am
by gr8brnc
I paid to much for mine here in North Carolina. I paid 5k with over 100k miles but it did not have a spot of rust on it. I would look down south this way if I were you. Unlike the west coast you could fly or drive down and go back easily on a weekend!
Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted
Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:07 pm
by BajaBronco13
gr8brnc wrote: Unlike the west coast you could fly or drive down and go back easily on a weekend!
Isn't there the humidity factor for Southern cars that also causes the rust issue? I still think it's better to find a good Bronco out West (CA, AZ, NV) and maybe in Texas.
I don't know what a Bronco cost to ship but last time I sold a vintage truck on ebay the buyer paid $600 to ship it from LA to Iowa.
Just food for thought.
Chris
Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted
Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:36 am
by gr8brnc
The worst you will find in the south is some surface rust if the vehicle has spent it's entire life here. I will agree that you can't beat the dry air of the desert though!
Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted
Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:54 pm
by Nick
Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted
Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:16 am
by ChaseTruck754
Rob - that's the one I told you about in my PM. She's at $2500 on DR. As I said - Broncos are CHEAP out here right now

Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted
Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:17 am
by jenny
hey I have that same bronco for sale! lol but I have a black bumper and alot of extras for only 3k
Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted
Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:19 am
by jenny
and mine has absolutly no rust
Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted
Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:17 am
by tcm glx
BajaBronco13 wrote:gr8brnc wrote: Unlike the west coast you could fly or drive down and go back easily on a weekend!
Isn't there the humidity factor for Southern cars that also causes the rust issue? I still think it's better to find a good Bronco out West (CA, AZ, NV) and maybe in Texas.
I don't know what a Bronco cost to ship but last time I sold a vintage truck on ebay the buyer paid $600 to ship it from LA to Iowa.
Just food for thought.
Chris
Yeah, not all So Cal cars are good..... you have to stay away from people that live ocean front. When I was on the hunt for mine, i found a 94 XLT, original owner with 125K miles...... guy wanted 3500, problem is he lived in Pacific Beach, it has ruston pretty much every single bolt under the hood, and on the chasis.....
princess, on the other hand was a 2nd owner, spent most of its life in El Cajon, away from the shoreline, and hardly any rust