RC Cars!

BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: RC Cars!

Post by BajaBronco13 »

tcm glx wrote:The 5 open lost the whole shot but caught up to the poorly built and driven TT. Hahaha
Come on Tony, I bet you twice. Just admit it.

Chris
Threat Motorsports
Posts: 346
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 9:51 am
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco SOLD!
Location: UTAH

Re: RC Cars!

Post by Threat Motorsports »

..........BAM!!!! Changing the lens out to clear tomorrow and making a battery mount for it. Night run tomorrow night! Its ridiculous!!!! lmao!
Attachments
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzb5sc.jpg
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzb5sc.jpg (118.59 KiB) Viewed 1617 times
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: RC Cars!

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Damn now that thing is ready for some night runs! We need video!!!
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: RC Cars!

Post by BajaBronco13 »

BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: RC Cars!

Post by BajaBronco13 »

BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: RC Cars!

Post by BajaBronco13 »

I decided to clearance the front skid plate to allow for more droop of the front arms. I also swapped out the longer shock springs in the front to the shorter springs that come with the standard front Proline shocks. I can't wait to try this set up as I was really happy how the truck handled in Baja.

Passenger side long travel shocks before skid plate trimming:
LongTravel03.jpg
LongTravel03.jpg (96.43 KiB) Viewed 1592 times
After trimming:
Droop01.jpg
Droop01.jpg (106.52 KiB) Viewed 1594 times
Now at ride height:
Droop02.jpg
Droop02.jpg (115.3 KiB) Viewed 1594 times
Yep, another new Proline Raptor Flo-tek body. I'm still up in the air on color. I've been toying with the idea on a bright red paint job or dark charcoal color.

Chris
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: RC Cars!

Post by tcm glx »

picked up some goodies for the Bug, most interesting in a different set of tires for my method look a likes. Running Proi Line Trenchers in the back....
Image

Image

Went out with my nephew this morning to do a little running:
Image

Image

Image
User avatar
yikes
Founder
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Re: RC Cars!

Post by yikes »

BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: RC Cars!

Post by BajaBronco13 »

I don't think I've posted this one. The Ideal-RC.com videos never get old and their red four link RC is just kick @$$!

BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: RC Cars!

Post by BajaBronco13 »

User avatar
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
Location: South O.C.
Contact:

Re: RC Cars!

Post by robertcrav »

Not sure how to post a link to a FB Video but this just popped up on Vaughn Gitten Jr's FB Page

"I got to play with the new HPI Racing Baja Super 5 SC flux during it's prototype phase and now it's finally out and available. Check out the video of this 4WD beast getting some serious air!!"
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100548308681957
User avatar
Kel Fab Creations
Posts: 727
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:01 pm
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco
Location: San Jacinto, Ca
Contact:

Re: RC Cars!

Post by Kel Fab Creations »

Man, you guys are killing me with all these pics and videos! I am really getting the itch to get into RC again. I've had my 1/8 scale buggy sitting in the garage collecting dust for too long and with all these short coarse trucks out there now and the brushless motors I'm gonna make the switch. Somebody buy my 1/8 scale nitro! Over the last few days I've been doing some major(obsessive) research on these short coarse trucks and I deffinately am gonna be building a custom chassis w/4 link for whatever I end up buying. I was first leaning toward sc10, then slash, now blitz. My buddy has a blitz and I will probably borrow it to build the link setup then buy my own. But then again I wanna drive now lol. Who has had experience with a blitz? From what i've read they are more durable than a sc10 and handle better than a slash. Who has the best out of the box electronics? I wanna go brushless from the get go. I've been out of the whole RC game for atleast 8 years now so I need to get re aquanted to everything.
Kelly @ Kel Fab Creations
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: RC Cars!

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Kel,

I don't have any experience other then my Slash VXL which I totally dig. Though I have seem to have broken every part, the motor and the electronics have held up well to some serious bashing. And from hanging out with Brian and Tony, their SC10s do haul the mail and are way lighter then my tank of a Slash.

Have you checked out http://www.ideal-rc.com? They have all the info on building a four link RC.

Chris
Last edited by BajaBronco13 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Kel Fab Creations
Posts: 727
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:01 pm
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco
Location: San Jacinto, Ca
Contact:

Re: RC Cars!

Post by Kel Fab Creations »

ya, ive seen www.ideal-rc.com. I drool everytime i watch the youtube vids off they're trucks. thats what i'm going for but am gonna design the rear chassis a little different. i may use small tubing. i need to get my hands on a stock truck to see exactly what i wanna do.
Kelly @ Kel Fab Creations
User avatar
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
Location: South O.C.
Contact:

Re: RC Cars!

Post by robertcrav »

Old School Video from the 80s
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: RC Cars!

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Kel Fab Creations wrote:ya, ive seen http://www.ideal-rc.com. I drool everytime i watch the youtube vids off they're trucks. thats what i'm going for but am gonna design the rear chassis a little different. i may use small tubing. i need to get my hands on a stock truck to see exactly what i wanna do.
Kelly, I'm sure if you make a couple of spares Tony and I will buy them, lol. We keep toying with the idea on buying RC4WD's G10 kit.

Chris
User avatar
Kel Fab Creations
Posts: 727
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:01 pm
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco
Location: San Jacinto, Ca
Contact:

Re: RC Cars!

Post by Kel Fab Creations »

I just found out my bro bought a sc8e so now I'm thinking about using parts from one of those LOL. I think I have my mind made up though that I wanna buy a front end setup then do everything else custom. I was set on a 1/10 scale but now I'm not sure.
Kelly @ Kel Fab Creations
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: RC Cars!

Post by tcm glx »

Kel Fab Creations wrote:I just found out my bro bought a sc8e so now I'm thinking about using parts from one of those LOL. I think I have my mind made up though that I wanna buy a front end setup then do everything else custom. I was set on a 1/10 scale but now I'm not sure.

Either way Kel build three!!! Chris and I want in!! :mrgreen:
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: RC Cars!

Post by BajaBronco13 »

tcm glx wrote:
Kel Fab Creations wrote:I just found out my bro bought a sc8e so now I'm thinking about using parts from one of those LOL. I think I have my mind made up though that I wanna buy a front end setup then do everything else custom. I was set on a 1/10 scale but now I'm not sure.

Either way Kel build three!!! Chris and I want in!! :mrgreen:
The beauty of the 10th scale stuff is that there is a crazy amount of aftermarket support. I would say do a 10th scale.
User avatar
Kel Fab Creations
Posts: 727
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:01 pm
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco
Location: San Jacinto, Ca
Contact:

Re: RC Cars!

Post by Kel Fab Creations »

Either way Kel build three!!! Chris and I want in!! :mrgreen:[/quote]

Haha. Sounds good! I'll keep u guys informed.
Kelly @ Kel Fab Creations
Post Reply