
The Gun Thread
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: The Gun Thread
Springfield XDm's Cal legal?


Re: The Gun Thread
if you want a pistol that is not on Ca "safe" roster just find an FFL that will do an SSE (single shot exemption) there are many threads on calguns.net
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: The Gun Thread
Not anymore, if the ATF have anything to do with it:cs_drums wrote:Have you looked into Ares Armor? They sell 80% kits for 1911s then you can build your own.
If your ok to do a little machining![]()
http://aresarmor.com/store/Category/hmg1911
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/15/ca ... p=trending
- Wrightracing.net
- Posts: 2235
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
- Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
- Location: San Diego
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
We will see, the ATF, just like the IRS is over stepping their mandate. Next they will try to come after my Black powder gun. I live here in San Diego close to Aries and they are on the right side of this fight.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
I know alot of shops that will suffer if they shut ares down. Craziness.
Re: The Gun Thread
There is a little 1911 post on Sirs Quarters http://sirsquarters.com/?p=720
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
For sale: Springfield m1a2 with jae systems stock. Nikko sterling 6-24 by 60mm mil spec illuminated reticle, Harris bipod, with 2 magazines, case and laser bore site. 2500$ obo pm if interested.
- Attachments
-
- image.jpg (25.15 KiB) Viewed 2790 times
- robertcrav
- Let me google that for you
- Posts: 4313
- Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
- Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
- Location: South O.C.
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
That's pretty sir
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
Ill make you a sweet deal on it Robert.
- robertcrav
- Let me google that for you
- Posts: 4313
- Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
- Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
- Location: South O.C.
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
I bet Robert, but that'll mean less $$ goes to the Bronco.
- robertcrav
- Let me google that for you
- Posts: 4313
- Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
- Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
- Location: South O.C.
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
Sooo...I convinced my wife to go to the range with me this weekend on our date night....after me rapidly ripping off 4 5mins of do's/donts' s met with deer in headlights looks and a request to slow down and give her the simple terms...lol...first four rounds thru a rented Springfield XDs 9 mm sub compact went fairly well, 3 out of 4 on paper, she set it down and said she was done... I went thru a couple mags of .45 and asked if she was sure, she said yes...I went thru a mag of 9 mm (nice little gun btw) I asked again and she said she'd try... woohoo. I explained sighting, breathing and relaxing again and she started to do well! We left with her being empowered, surprised and still nervous about it all...it was fun and she said she'd do it again.
Oh and I know I married up lol
[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1398712250339.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1398712271859.jpg[/attachment]
Oh and I know I married up lol
[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1398712250339.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1398712271859.jpg[/attachment]
- Attachments
-
- uploadfromtaptalk1398712271859.jpg (44.48 KiB) Viewed 2774 times
-
- uploadfromtaptalk1398712250339.jpg (44.56 KiB) Viewed 2774 times
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: The Gun Thread
Yes, Rob, you did marry up!
Good job. I need to take my wife shooting. We can shoot here at the house but she doesn't seem to enjoy it as much as she did at the range.
Good job. I need to take my wife shooting. We can shoot here at the house but she doesn't seem to enjoy it as much as she did at the range.
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: The Gun Thread
Anyone need 9mm ammo? I bought a bunch simply because it was available. I took what I needed and gave family first shot at it. I have 700 rounds left that I don't need. I'm not looking to make money on this, just passing it along. $29/box plus shipping.
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: The Gun Thread
I'll take em all, Steve.
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: The Gun Thread
One box is sold, Nick. The rest is yours.
- robertcrav
- Let me google that for you
- Posts: 4313
- Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
- Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
- Location: South O.C.
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
I think I posted this when I saw it come up initially...
But thoughts on this AR Stock? Ad states you can use full capacity pre-ban magazines because the stock is "Feature-less" and not adjustable...
http://lastinterestingnews.blogspot.com ... ar-15.html



But thoughts on this AR Stock? Ad states you can use full capacity pre-ban magazines because the stock is "Feature-less" and not adjustable...
http://lastinterestingnews.blogspot.com ... ar-15.html



-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
Interesting....
Re: The Gun Thread
That's not true to my knowledge . The stock has nothing to do with the mag size or lower receiver function. However you got me wondering what new changes they made to the amendment of that ban.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
He ( Robert) and the designers of that stock are right. Same reason my rifle ( pictured above for sale) is not an assult wepon and can maintain an unassisted detachable magazine. Per California law the magazine release must be assisted on an assult wepon. That rifle in the picture is a California compliant sporting rifle. As the law defines construction vs brand the webbing of the thumb and forefinger must sit below the trigger assembly to be called an assult wepon aka a pistol grip. If the webbing of the thumb and forefinger sit above the plane of the trigger group it is a semi automatic California compliant sporting rifle. Cheesy I know but laws are made of words and words can be worked around until all versions of language and design innovation are exhausted.Gilbee01 wrote:That's not true to my knowledge . The stock has nothing to do with the mag size or lower receiver function. However you got me wondering what new changes they made to the amendment of that ban.
Keep in mind 10rds is still the maximum for assisted and non assisted magazine release's per turners outdoorsman. The only way to my knowledge to use a 30rd mag is pre ban rifle grandfathered in. But only if registered with the ATF pre ban.
