Anyone else feeling hopeless?

economig
Bronco Info: 1994 Eddie Bauer 5.8L

Post by economig »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:
tcm glx wrote:
greaslife wrote:What I have noticed is. Anyone who voted for this worthless pile does not want too defend there choice. Most who voted for him must have done so, too be one of the COOL kids. What a joke. Im glad too see may other people have the same views as I .

Now how do we get ride of the electoral vote. I thought the people were the deciding factor ?

That is not the case Josh... I voted for him, has nothing to do with being with the cool kids, just simply based on things I saw that I like in Obama, and also based on things I did not like about Romney.

I personally have worked in Sales and Sales Management for 15 yrs, and the first rule they teach you is never get into a discussion about Politics or Religion, it ALWAYS ends bad because people feel usually feel very strong about their opinions... That being said, I am not out here trying to convince people, I believe everyone is a grown up and should be able to go out and research and make an decision based on what they research and believe.

Keep in mind, this country is great because everyone is entitled to their opinion, and because of that, I also choose to respect that folks that do not support Obama have their opinion.

Its kind of like Broncos..... just because you like Solid Axle conversions, 44" Swampers and Azusa, doesnt make you any less of an Bronco fan... hahaha
While our Political views are obvoiusly different, I want to give you props for a very well spoken post in a thread that is generally bashing your personal opinion.
Totally agree
T H R E A T Motorsports
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Re: Anyone else feeling hopeless?

Post by bajascott »

Opinions are like assholes,everyone has one.
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
greaslife
Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.

Post by greaslife »

Tony

Well said I do respect other opinions on this topics.
I my self have not found some one worth talking too abought Obama and his views.
I to took in what they were saying I didn't agree with either of the two on all things.
For me it was who was the least of two evils
I have been me for 32 years and know i cant spell for Sh!$ so get over it . Thanks Josh
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

greaslife wrote:Tony

For me it was who was the least of two evils
This is what my father always told me.

I don't think either candidate could be expected to clean this mess up. This is 40 years in the making. We are in for a long hard struggle, and i agree with SteveG, prayer is needed.

There are kooks on both sides of the isle, and civil discourse is what's really needed.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Lets just go to Baja.......much more fun down there!
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

tcm glx wrote:Lets just go to Baja.......much more fun down there!
I agree! This will be my last post in this thread. See you in Mexico!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

greaslife wrote:For me it was who was the least of two evils
That's the way it always is from what I've seen.

A good buddy & I were talking yesterday & I was surprised to know he voted for Romney as he's a registered looney, uh, I mean democrat ;) :D

Anyway he said while he likes Obama for foreign policy and how other countries view the USA he believe Romney had a better chance of pulling our economic state together. I can see why he'd think that on both cases. I didn't totally agree with his thought on Obama, but can understand where it came from.

Not much we can do about it now though, so we'll just have to see how Obama does at trying to stop the bleeding.

Tony - point well said. We are all open to our opinion/vote and that's what makes America great. We are also free to wish the "other half" voted differently. Who is doing such typically flip flops every 4-8 years...

Oh and Nick - this one is for you. Too bad they backed out a bit and called it an accident in the end.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/0 ... d%3D231436
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

I was listening to the news this morning and heard it mentioned that only once, had a party lost a re-election after a switch in party at the White House. Anyone know whether that's true?
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Haven't seen/heard about that but it does make sense.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

I would love to see the Electoral College eliminated. Boy would it turn shit upside-down. Here's why eliminating the EC is unlikely.
http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/electors.html#selection wrote:Who selects the Electors?

The process for selecting Electors varies throughout the United States. Generally, the political parties nominate Electors at their State party conventions or by a vote of the party’s central committee in each State. Each candidate will have their own unique slate of potential Electors as a result of this part of the selection process.

Electors are often chosen to recognize service and dedication to their political party
. They may be State-elected officials, party leaders, or persons who have a personal or political affiliation with the Presidential candidate.
In CA (according to the current, incomplete count), Pres. Obama received 59.1% of the vote and Romney received 38.6%. There is a clear winner, of course, but CA is not quite as liberal as most think. What would happen if ALL electoral votes for individual states were NOT mandated to go to one candidate (as most states are)? Splitting CA's electoral votes 21/34 would probably mix things up, huh?

What would happen if the president had to be elected via the POPULAR vote? Current stats (that I found on a quick search) show a difference of 2.4-ish% in the popular vote between the the two candidates. Not a big difference. The nation is split in a major way.

The election process is a joke.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Harrisbuilt127
Bronco Info: 1989 Ford Bronco

Post by Harrisbuilt127 »

robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

I wonder if this would have had an effect on the election had it been reported BEFORE the election

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/0 ... ?hpt=hp_t3
fixxor
Bronco Info: 03 Ranger 4x4 no more bronco :(

Post by fixxor »

I am glad to see I am not alone. I couldnt believe he got re-elected after these 4 crappy years. Watching the Obama camp on tv dancing and looking cheerful as can be I wondered what they could be so happy about. I didnt care who it was, anyone but Obama. I do not care for Romney at all but at least it would have been a change and the possibility that things would get better if at all. Now im worried about higher taxes and the new health plan, and go to work everyday and wonder how many people dont have to and just live off the government. Now you see reports of companies already laying off people and raising that unemployment rate, just sad sad sad.
D1cker1
Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior

Post by D1cker1 »

fixxor wrote:I am glad to see I am not alone. I couldnt believe he got re-elected after these 4 crappy years. Watching the Obama camp on tv dancing and looking cheerful as can be I wondered what they could be so happy about. I didnt care who it was, anyone but Obama. I do not care for Romney at all but at least it would have been a change and the possibility that things would get better if at all. Now im worried about higher taxes and the new health plan, and go to work everyday and wonder how many people dont have to and just live off the government. Now you see reports of companies already laying off people and raising that unemployment rate, just sad sad sad.
I feel your pain
Integrity, Money, Relevance
1amD1cker1@gmail.com