Nick wrote:gunit wrote:
My Bronco was built for pre running and chase duty only. I believe in using the exact vehicle for the job. I tow with a Duramax crew cab, I wheel and rock crawl with a Jeep CJ7 and I have a car to drive to work and around town.
That's great if you have the means to do so, not all of us do. I get so tired of hearing about special purpose built pre runners! You can pre run in a toyota corola, or a yellow taxi cab for petes sakes!
We all do what we can to go out and enjoy this sport! Some of us in purpose built high zoot prerunners, some in multi purpose rigs, and yes some in daily drivers. The point is, is that we are all out there.
Well Nick, I totally agree with you about being out there. But this site that you founded is called
GO FAST BRONCOS , not run whatever you got prerunners.
You are wrong, you absolutely cannot pre run in a Corolla or a taxi, all you can do is drive around until you get stuck or break and that is not pre running.
I did not say that my way was the only way or that you suck if you don't have a purpose built pre runner, I just answered the questions that Tony asked about how I use my Bronco.
I understand fully that we are not all in the same boat economically, last weekend at the race in Parker there were teams with literally millions in rolling stock including multiple Trophy trucks, a helicopter, multiple semi haulers, motor homes and a fleet of matching chase trucks compared to us with a race car, two pickups, a flat bed trailer and a room at Motel 6. Yes, we all do what we can do to be out there.
I have lived a long time making do with what I had at the time and I have learned the hard way over and over what happens when you try to go fast in a unprepared vehicle. I am old now and I have just enough resources that I no longer have make some of the compromises that I once did.
So instead of disparaging my post, please just read it and accept it as my opinion.