Music...what do you listen to?
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
Wellllllllllllllll, life on the farm is kinda layed back.
Aint nothing that a good ol' boy like me caint hack.
Early to rise, early in the saaaaaaaackk.
Thank God I'm a country boy.
AAAAHHHHHHHH HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
Aint nothing that a good ol' boy like me caint hack.
Early to rise, early in the saaaaaaaackk.
Thank God I'm a country boy.
AAAAHHHHHHHH HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
Last edited by yikes on Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
A simple kind of life never did me no harmyikes wrote:Wellllllllllllllll, life on the farm is kinda layed back. Aint nothing that a good ol' boy like me caint hack. early to rise, early in the sackkkkk. Thank God I'm a country boy.
AAAAHHHHHHHH HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
Raisin' me a family and workin' on a farm
My days are all filled with an easy country charm
Thank God I'm a country boy
Yyeeeeeehaw!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
Well, I got me a wife and I got me ol' fiddle.
Suns comin' up I got cakes on the griddle.
Life aint nothin but a funny, funny riddlllllLLLE.
Thank God I'm a country boy.
Suns comin' up I got cakes on the griddle.
Life aint nothin but a funny, funny riddlllllLLLE.
Thank God I'm a country boy.
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
When the work's all done and the sun is settin' low
I pull out my fiddle and I rosin' up the bow
But the kids are asleep so I keep it kinda low
Thank God I'm a country boy
I'd play Sally Goodin all day if I could
But the Lord and my wife wouldn't take it very good
So I fiddle when I can and I work when I should
Thank God I'm a country boy
I pull out my fiddle and I rosin' up the bow
But the kids are asleep so I keep it kinda low
Thank God I'm a country boy
I'd play Sally Goodin all day if I could
But the Lord and my wife wouldn't take it very good
So I fiddle when I can and I work when I should
Thank God I'm a country boy
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
- bajascott
- My belly is my best friend
- Posts: 2006
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
- Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
- Location: southern oregon
- Contact:
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
lemme pull my front bridge out, and get mah overalls and over sized boots on...................... wwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeee
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
Don't forget the wash board and a pair of spoons.bajascott wrote:lemme pull my front bridge out, and get mah overalls and over sized boots on...................... wwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeee
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!
- bajascott
- My belly is my best friend
- Posts: 2006
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
- Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
- Location: southern oregon
- Contact:
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
oh yea....hahaha
denver is cool to listen too with the kids, they know the words to a bunch of his songs.ha
denver is cool to listen too with the kids, they know the words to a bunch of his songs.ha
- Rednek Renegade
- Posts: 123
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:53 pm
- Bronco Info: 1985 Bronco Xlt 5.8L 4V H.O. C6, NP2o8
- Location: Rancho Cucamonga, So.Cal
- Contact:
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
Nickelback
Rev theory
Shinedown
Tantric
Theory of a Deadman
Smile empty soul
Social D
Rev theory
Shinedown
Tantric
Theory of a Deadman
Smile empty soul
Social D
Project el cheap-o
- Squarehead
- Posts: 141
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:41 pm
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
Grew up listening to punk...both the old school variety (Circle Jerks, Black Flag, Ramones) and 90's melodic punk (Face to Face, No Use for a Name, etc.). Bad Religion is my favouite band and has been for more than half my life.
Listened to hip hop for a while in the 90's, primarily liking beats. G-Funk, Oakland Funk, Wu-Tang, etc.
Have been a club dj for more than a decade, spinning jungle and drum&bass (e.g. busy drumlines with bass tones).
Always thought I hated country, but lately I've realized I just hate pop-radio country. I've discovered I like some older country (Johnny Cash, David Allen Coe, Chris LeDoux), and some newer alt-country (Calexico, Mike Ness solo project, anything with good steel guitar work).
Also play in a punk band: www.myspace.com/costello
We have been featured in the last two 'Dezert People' DVD's and played at the CleanDezert.org cleanup last year, out of the back of the Camburg trailer.
Listened to hip hop for a while in the 90's, primarily liking beats. G-Funk, Oakland Funk, Wu-Tang, etc.
Have been a club dj for more than a decade, spinning jungle and drum&bass (e.g. busy drumlines with bass tones).
Always thought I hated country, but lately I've realized I just hate pop-radio country. I've discovered I like some older country (Johnny Cash, David Allen Coe, Chris LeDoux), and some newer alt-country (Calexico, Mike Ness solo project, anything with good steel guitar work).
Also play in a punk band: www.myspace.com/costello
We have been featured in the last two 'Dezert People' DVD's and played at the CleanDezert.org cleanup last year, out of the back of the Camburg trailer.
- bajascott
- My belly is my best friend
- Posts: 2006
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
- Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
- Location: southern oregon
- Contact:
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
david allen coe.................only gets listen to around certin people....hahaha
- Squarehead
- Posts: 141
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:41 pm
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
-yeah, know what you mean. Can't agree with some of his words, but I do like the music.bajascott wrote:david allen coe.................only gets listen to around certin people....hahaha
- bajascott
- My belly is my best friend
- Posts: 2006
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
- Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
- Location: southern oregon
- Contact:
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
crank this......seriuosly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDyGQgfR ... re=related
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
Ever heard of Taintstick?, featuring Jason Ellis ( The future of satellite radio) ? If you haven't - get SIRIUS, and tune in MON - FRI 12:00 - 4:00 pacific time!
Shameless plug, for which I will never see royalties from. It will make your listening experience MUCH better!
Shameless plug, for which I will never see royalties from. It will make your listening experience MUCH better!
Strong, light, cheap. Pick two
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
Scott, I always knew we'd get along!bajascott wrote:david allen coe.................only gets listen to around certin people....hahaha
Strong, light, cheap. Pick two
- baja-chris
- Posts: 712
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:55 pm
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
V8 stroker at high rpm.
- Rednek Renegade
- Posts: 123
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:53 pm
- Bronco Info: 1985 Bronco Xlt 5.8L 4V H.O. C6, NP2o8
- Location: Rancho Cucamonga, So.Cal
- Contact:
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
Isnt that a oxymoron?baja-chris wrote:V8 stroker at high rpm.
Project el cheap-o
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
I was going through some music vids on youtube, and i came across this vid by Johnny Cash. I forgot that he covered it, he recorded this song shortly before he passed away. I don't think that nine inch nails ever did it better than the man in black. R.I.P Johnny Cash!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o22eIJDtKho
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o22eIJDtKho
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
I'd love to wear a rainbow everyday...
Nope - not expressing my fruity side, but rather quoting my favorite singer
Nope - not expressing my fruity side, but rather quoting my favorite singer
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
-
rezrider
- Posts: 65
- Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:37 pm
- Bronco Info: 88 OJ Special, trail ready but not rock worthy
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
You got that right and i tlooks a lot like mine...picture this.. I use to have horses (live in Norco), every Sat & Sun I'd put on the garb and go out to muck, groom, work and ride the horses or just work in the back yard. I've got to have my musak sooo, I bought a 20 disc changer that I loaded with your assortment of music, since it didn't have a shuffle on it I programmed it to my liking...the neighbors had to think I wa a FREAK...Start off with a little Michael Martin Murphy, Charlie Daniels, Marshall Tucker a little cowboy music to ease into the morning THEN follow it with ACDC, then Garth, ZZ top, Hank Jr, The Ranch, etc, etc, etc...Nick wrote:I've got rather eclectic tastes when it comes to music. I range from bluegrass, to country, to metal, and a bunch in between. I refuse to be subjected to rap music though, or hip hop, i won't do it!
Some of my favorite bands/artists.
Ricky Scaggs
John Lee Hooker
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Kenny Wayne Shepard
Garth Brooks
Hank Williams Junior
Dwight Yokum
Blues traveler
Crosby Stils and Nash
ZZ Top
.38 Special
Molly Hatchet
Black Label Society
The Bus Boys
Los Lobos
Black Sabbath
Judas Preist
Foghat
Metalica
Ac/Dc
The Cult
Def Leppard
Alice in chains
Foo Fighters
Rage Against the Machine
Red Hot Chili peppers
System of a down
Trapt
The Reverend Horton Heat
That's just to name a few... what do you guys like?
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
Good stuff no doubt. It kind of trips me out how i equate music to different times, and events in my life. A certain song will come on, and i'm taken back. Gotta love music for that!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
