Prerunner Bronco Pic Post-& other cool stuff too...

gunit

Re: Prerunner Bronco Pic Post-& other cool stuff too...

Post by gunit »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:
And Chris - comparing that front end to the 80-86 is like saying Jessica Simpson (in her hotter days) = the '87-91 clip/pic above is not as good looking as Ru Paul = the 80-86 fugly front end.

Still have ZERO clue how could ever even mutter with a straight face that 80-86 looks good on these broncos. You think I'm high? Well my friend, you must be blind!
You guys are all goofy; one era grill is no better or worse than the other they are all bad ass. What do you like blonde, redhead or brunette? It is the build underneath that is important.

BTW my prerunner is 80-86, and my race truck is 92-96, I like them both.
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

gunit wrote:
ChaseTruck754 wrote:
And Chris - comparing that front end to the 80-86 is like saying Jessica Simpson (in her hotter days) = the '87-91 clip/pic above is not as good looking as Ru Paul = the 80-86 fugly front end.

Still have ZERO clue how could ever even mutter with a straight face that 80-86 looks good on these broncos. You think I'm high? Well my friend, you must be blind!
You guys are all goofy; one era grill is no better or worse than the other they are all bad ass. What do you like blonde, redhead or brunette? It is the build underneath that is important.

so, you agree the 87 - 91 clip is fugly, too? :D
Dust
Bronco Info: Go Slow Ford's From 1957 to 1994

Post by Dust »

gunit wrote:You guys are all goofy; one era grill is no better or worse than the other they are all bad ass. What do you like blonde, redhead or brunette? It is the build underneath that is important.

Goofy, hey! I resemble that remark; but if we go to what is under the skin and we look at the winningest Class three we see... a... pre-1980 Bronco, which is of course skinned in the drop-dead sexiest sheetmetal ever draped over a truck chassis, and lol a factory solid axle ;)

And yes I have an 87 that i will reskin as a 92-96, but if it is what is underneath that counts maybe I should just SAS that sucker :lol:

Now I've proly done it
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

gunit wrote:
ChaseTruck754 wrote:

I am going to agree with GUNIT here.... its like a blonde, brunnet, or redhead!! Yeah, maybe the 87-91 needs a little more make up, but when its applied well, she can be just as sexy as the 80-86 or 92-96

Case in point:
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Dave - Chris and I are mainly joking in our bashing back and forth, and yes it all comes down to personal preference and taste. I do agree it underneath that counts, but what everyone sees 1st is the face, so why not make it look good. Which again means NOT an 80-86 - hahahahaha

I'd take the front end above over an 80-86 any day! LOVE that drop center hood!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:I do agree it underneath that counts, but what everyone sees 1st is the face, so why not make it look good. Which again means NOT an 80-86 - hahahahaha

This goes completely against your " I never need to wash my truck to impress a girl theory, she needs to love me for who I am, not what my car looks like " ...... you have explaining to do Mr. Contradictory with a dirty truck!!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Different points for different topics and very much taken out of context T. Not sure how you suggest I contradict myself, as there is very much a difference between a clean or dirty truck and a just plain FUGLY front end design on a truck.

My "underneath counts" was directed at Dave's comment --> "It is the build underneath that is important." I agree much of the cool factor of a truck is the fabrication and build beneath the skins. That still doesn't mean I'd run a fugly 80-86 front end over an otherwise cool build. Why ruin it like that?????

Now for the girl comment - I don't want to wash the truck to "impress" a girl. I don't do it and won't. There can be all sorts of trucks that are still VERY cool and beautiful when dirty. To me an 80-86 front end is very rarely one of them. Dave's race truck is awesome - with an ugly front end.
Tom's truck is awesome as well, with a somehow slightly more acceptable front end. Not sure how or why but the 80-86 front end is much less offensive to me on a truck than a bronco.

Can I stop beating this poor, dead horse yet?
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

Dave's prerunner is an 80-86 front end. Dave's race truck is a 92-96 front end.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

where the hell is the popcorn icon when i need it...you guys are funny and get your panties all wadded up over some pretty stupid sh!t! i love it.
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

philofab wrote:Dave's prerunner is an 80-86 front end. Dave's race truck is a 92-96 front end.
Brain fart - I knew that sounded wrong when I typed it. So yeah - change what I said to prerunner.

bajascott wrote:where the hell is the popcorn icon when i need it...you guys are funny and get your panties all wadded up over some pretty stupid sh!t! i love it.
No panties wadded at all Scott. I think what you (and probably many lurkers) are missing is that this is all a big part of Tony, Chris P. and I each giving crap to one another. It just comes across as harsh on here I guess. If you think this is bad, you should see us in the trucks as we cruise through Mexico together pointing out trucks, etc. to one another, or even the emails going back and forth behind the scenes during these posts.

Chris and I have agreed we will never agree on front end styles. We both agreed his taste is WAAAY off :lol: We just post up every now and again to remind each other ;)
Last edited by ChaseTruck754 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Different points for different topics and very much taken out of context T. Not sure how you suggest I contradict myself, as there is very much a difference between a clean or dirty truck and a just plain FUGLY front end design on a truck.

My "underneath counts" was directed at Dave's comment --> "It is the build underneath that is important." I agree much of the cool factor of a truck is the fabrication and build beneath the skins. That still doesn't mean I'd run a fugly 80-86 front end over an otherwise cool build. Why ruin it like that?????

Now for the girl comment - I don't want to wash the truck to "impress" a girl. I don't do it and won't. There can be all sorts of trucks that are still VERY cool and beautiful when dirty. To me an 80-86 front end is very rarely one of them. Dave's race truck is awesome - with an ugly front end.
Tom's truck is awesome as well, with a somehow slightly more acceptable front end. Not sure how or why but the 80-86 front end is much less offensive to me on a truck than a bronco.

Can I stop beating this poor, dead horse yet?
I was just busting your chops... hahahaha
Dust

Post by Dust »

bajascott wrote:where the hell is the popcorn icon when i need it...you guys are funny and get your panties all wadded up over some pretty stupid sh!t! i love it.
:lol: I JUST MADE POPCORN :lol:
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

And all of you guys have been around long enough to realize I can be VERY long winded in my responses. So yeah, it gives you some time to enjoy that popcorn. Personally I've got some chips and guacamole going right now. Makes me wish I was in Mex!
Dust

Post by Dust »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:I can be VERY long winded
Nooooo, Not YOU! :lol:
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

i know steve, its fun to watch it all unfold.
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Dust wrote:
ha ha ha you should see Steve's responses on DR. LMAO.
Dust

Post by Dust »

BajaBronco13 wrote:
Dust wrote:
ha ha ha you should see Steve's responses on DR. LMAO.

which one?
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Dig and you'll find it. He takes a low blow and knocks the 73-79 fenders I screwed myself on (well - a bunch of others did leave me hanging on them) and I got a little irritated with it.
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Dig and you'll find it. He takes a low blow and knocks the 73-79 fenders I screwed myself on (well - a bunch of others did leave me hanging on them) and I got a little irritated with it.
Damn wasn't even talking about that Steve. I was talking about all the ball busting you get into on guys that are selling stuff and not wanting to meeting up with you.
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

The thread is called Prerunner Bronco Pic Post & other cool stuff too!!!!

Bronco sandwich served on vans.
Attachments
baja van2.JPG
baja van2.JPG (68.97 KiB) Viewed 656 times
's prerunner.JPG
's prerunner.JPG (115.52 KiB) Viewed 656 times
baja van.JPG
baja van.JPG (75.93 KiB) Viewed 656 times