Re: SHOW OFF YOUR GARAGE FAB!

Post by yikes »

Haha! Amazing work Steve.

Philo - That Indian is bada$$.
Deleted Account
Bronco Info: depends on what day

Post by Deleted Account »

The flowers are awsome Steve. My wife would so make me make some of those if she saw them.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

mkiefer wrote:The flowers are awsome Steve. My wife would so make me make some of those if she saw them.
I'll make sure she gets a picture!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Post by Andy Jones »

dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

yaabrother1 wrote:.............
man thats some detail..... :lol:
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Post by Andy Jones »

The Site wont let me Upload Photos.^^
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
bajascott
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

you have to resize the pics to smaller format.
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Here's a simple one....couple of forward control mounts I made for an FSB member's Harley.

yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

Some of my more recent work (mistakes). The great bent 9". Ha!! Live n learn.

philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

Did you ever get that thing straight? I've seen 1/2" off on stock housings before any modifications.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

philofab wrote:Did you ever get that thing straight? I've seen 1/2" off on stock housings before any modifications.
I'm sure this one was off at least that with the way the spring perch was bent. Tony decided to have Currie cut the ends off and replace them. It's a big bill, but a drop in the bucket when you look at the overall investment.
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

yikes wrote:I'm sure this one was off at least that with the way the spring perch was bent. Tony decided to have Currie cut the ends off and replace them. It's a big bill, but a drop in the bucket when you look at the overall investment.
What did it cost? Cutting the ends off and replacing them should only be like an hour labor + new ends. Around $150 I would think.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

I have no fab to show, other than that which others do for me (read, I am not a fabricator).

Anyways, First off, Yikes did a kick ass, and seriously I mean KICK ASS job trussing up that 9". The problem is I did not straighten it before, and I really believe it was crooked to start with now that I think about it. When Brian looked at it, as he mentions, one of the spring pads was way off, so I do not blame Brian at all for it being off.

Ok, that being said, when I took it to currie, one side was like 1/8" off and the other 5/8" It needs new ends, and then welding em up... Its gonna get done, just sitting on the back burner for a little right now cause of the holidays, and all that other stuff (read no $$$$).

Brian, stop kicking yourself in the nuts for this thing being crooked, I would be kicking myself more in the nuts for your signature... ha!!
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

tcm glx wrote:I have no fab to show, other than that which others do for me (read, I am not a fabricator).

Anyways, First off, Yikes did a kick ass, and seriously I mean KICK ASS job trussing up that 9". The problem is I did not straighten it before, and I really believe it was crooked to start with now that I think about it. When Brian looked at it, as he mentions, one of the spring pads was way off, so I do not blame Brian at all for it being off.

Ok, that being said, when I took it to currie, one side was like 1/8" off and the other 5/8" It needs new ends, and then welding em up... Its gonna get done, just sitting on the back burner for a little right now cause of the holidays, and all that other stuff (read no $$$$).

Brian, stop kicking yourself in the nuts for this thing being crooked, I would be kicking myself more in the nuts for your signature... ha!!
Usually they bend just past the spring plate.

X2 on it being that way before Brian touched it, I have seen them that far off with no harm to bearings. I made mine perfect cause I'm OCD but I don't think it really matters that much with tapered bearings. Lots of roundy round guys bend the tubes for stagger and tow-in.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Question for you philo, now that I think about it, I would love for the 9 inch to be an inch wider per side, ifs there and end, like a big bearing end maybe that's big enough for me to do that? Just get the extra width with different ends on it?
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

tcm glx wrote:Question for you philo, now that I think about it, I would love for the 9 inch to be an inch wider per side, ifs there and end, like a big bearing end maybe that's big enough for me to do that? Just get the extra width with different ends on it?
If you don't have axles yet it should not be a problem. The ends usually fit inside the tubing a bit and if there is not enough you could just sleeve the end. Any decent fabricator could do it in a way that it would survive and also look good. Sleeving the end is a good idea because these housings bend between the leaf spring perch and the bearing when stock and adding a truss just makes it that much more likely to bend there. The only time this does not apply is if your truss extends all the way the the bearing.
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

Here a few shots of my first bumper. Haha! This falls into the "what was I thinking" category. Learned quite a bit from making this one.

bajascott

Post by bajascott »

shit i must have lost my old pics.....i got some doozies from the olden days.......lol :D
thats great brian!
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
billy1911

Post by billy1911 »

Built this BBQ for my dad. it has a 8'x6' grill. the fire moves to adjust heat, so you dont have the grill at different heights. also uses less coal
Attachments
bbq2.jpg
bbq2.jpg (91.19 KiB) Viewed 709 times
bbqgrillsmall.jpg
bbqgrillsmall.jpg (35.33 KiB) Viewed 709 times
bajascott

Post by bajascott »

/\/\/\/\/\/\/ thats rad billy
FRONT YARD FABRICATION