Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: THE DUMPSTER

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

yup. but tailpipe emissions are good...
cypher
Bronco Info: 1994 Ford Bronco w/ Southwest Performance suspension

Post by cypher »

SteveG wrote:It would matter because the fact that the check engine lamp is on indicates it failed its last functional test. If the Evaporative system isn't working, the car could be venting fuel vapors into the atmosphere.
Hey Steve! Can you tell me the proper procedure for doing an evap test on a 1994 bronco. When they tested mine they clamped the system under the hood but didn't clamp the rear vent from the tank. Shouldn't it be a closed system for testing or am I missing something?
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

cypher wrote:
SteveG wrote:It would matter because the fact that the check engine lamp is on indicates it failed its last functional test. If the Evaporative system isn't working, the car could be venting fuel vapors into the atmosphere.
Hey Steve! Can you tell me the proper procedure for doing an evap test on a 1994 bronco. When they tested mine they clamped the system under the hood but didn't clamp the rear vent from the tank. Shouldn't it be a closed system for testing or am I missing something?
Sorry, I never saw this. It's probably too late but they are blocking the charcoal canister so they can pressurize the tank/evap system... standard smog test stuff.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

I don't know about you guys, but I pretty much never take the ball mount of my truck... yeah, I'm one of those guys. It's virtually a permanent fixture 'cause I never know when I'm going to want to tow something and if I take it out, I'm just going to leave it behind and forget it when I need it most....

It's been many years since I've ran into it. I learned that lesson and steering clear of it is second nature. Well, last night as I walked out to the car in complete darkness was a refresher course! As one of my customers is fond of saying in his old man voice, "Holy F&#@%NG $#%T!" Son of a bitch did I plow into that thing! I now sport a large bald spot on my shin where it peeled the hair off through my pants and a real nice skinless portion to go with it. It now hurts to put on or take my pants off... here's to refresher courses!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

HATE when I do that. It's not often as I remember for a LONG time after I do it, but every now & again I get that stupid refresher course too :o
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

I was in a hurry out at a BITD race a couple years ago and while quickly walking around back of the chase truck (White F250 crew superduty, like everyone out there).. I hit it hard enough for everyone in the truck to ask me if I was ok when I got in. My response (stupid = tough) was "Yeah, I'm fine" but I was crying inside. It hurt like a sombitch.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

It's been a little toasty lately but the evenings have been incredible here. A child run and Coke, dinner in the backyard as sun sets and all is well in the world.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1400206833092.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1400206833092.jpg (70.51 KiB) Viewed 1002 times
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

just came in from a crappy, highly unproductive lunch where I was reminded how heavy deavers actually are, and how much of a PItA they can be to try & put in a truck by yourself.

So I'm sweating like I just got out of a sauna, and have finally stopped cursing when I get to my desk to mellow out with a little GFB. I saw the PERFECT post. RMC Robert linked this & turned my whole afternoon around!
http://m.tickld.com/x/the-best-revenge- ... n-is-a-god

I just had to share in hopes more people would see it that it might turn their day around too!
jjconn
Bronco Info: 1995 5.0, 6"JBG prerunner

Post by jjconn »

Thank you
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Holy $h;!... we're watching Coneheads. I forgot how freakin' hilarious that movie is!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408249156.484400.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408249156.484400.jpg (248.29 KiB) Viewed 881 times
95bronco12
Bronco Info: 1995 bronco 5.8 4inch lift on 33's

Post by 95bronco12 »

Road side fix for my petcock blowing itself out. Tanks to a good buddy and his mom ofcourse for opening a new bottle of whine just so I could have the cork. I got the bronco home under its own power! :mrgreen:

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

So I found these little metal bins at Costco and was thinking about buying them for the kitchen. Wanted to make sure they'd fit so I snapped a quick pic of the dims on the label & just went to verify when I noticed the dims. How the hell do you get 4/7"s??????
baskets - sliders for kitchen 1.jpg
baskets - sliders for kitchen 1.jpg (109.8 KiB) Viewed 826 times
baskets - sliders for kitchen 2.jpg
baskets - sliders for kitchen 2.jpg (154 KiB) Viewed 826 times
Travisfab
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Post by Travisfab »

You get 4/7 when you designed it in mm
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Is 4/7ths even a real fractional number? I suppose the label maker assumes no one understands the decimal system. Talk about over complicating it.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Rmc wrote:Is 4/7ths even a real fractional number?
not in our measuring system & that was kind of my point. I don't know how one could come up with a number like that aside from designing in metric & then using a conversion program to come up with the empirical equivalent. At which point it should give you something real or useful though should it not... I would assume it's safe to round to the nearest 1/16" or even 1/32" if you're going to be nit picky.

For something like this though & the skill set of Joe Public out there today & measuring they could probably get away with rounding to the nearest 1/4" and be fine!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Anyone need a shaggin wagon? Even if not, the ad is worth the read!
93Broncobuff
Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's

Post by 93Broncobuff »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Anyone need a shaggin wagon? Even if not, the ad is worth the read!

That was the greatest add I have ever read hahaha

he needs a bronco!
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

I'm back from the dead momentarily! How long has the site been looking like this?
Phoenix0783
Bronco Info: No more Bronco :(

Post by Phoenix0783 »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:I'm back from the dead momentarily! How long has the site been looking like this?
http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... =12&t=6999
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Thanks, I just found the "new posts" under the quick links so that helped too.