What were some of your other vehicles?

User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

What were some of your other vehicles?

Post by Nick »

I was going through some old photos, and found some of previous trucks i had/have. What are some of yours?

My first bronco that i bought in 1998.
Image
Image

My lowrider f150.
Image
Image

My second bronco.
Image
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: What were some of your other vehicles?

Post by tcm glx »

Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel (daily driver, still have this)
Image

Jeep Cherokee:
Image

Image

Work Tacoma a few years back:
Image

Dads Old F150:
Image

A couple of Dad's old Broncos in this shot:
Image
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: What were some of your other vehicles?

Post by tcm glx »

And here are some of my cars (non trucks)
A few passats:
Image

Image

Image

And a Jetta:
Image

A few Audis too:
Image

Image
User avatar
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Posts: 2006
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
Location: southern oregon
Contact:

Re: What were some of your other vehicles?

Post by bajascott »

a few of the others in my past....
Attachments
ol'yeller
ol'yeller
IMG_7458.jpg (208.59 KiB) Viewed 2303 times
my 1st bronco
my 1st bronco
bronco.JPG (66.12 KiB) Viewed 2304 times
my 93 ranger
my 93 ranger
DSCF0888.JPG (95.9 KiB) Viewed 2304 times
big bad bob
big bad bob
bb3.jpg (92.71 KiB) Viewed 2304 times
Last edited by bajascott on Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: What were some of your other vehicles?

Post by Nick »

Scott, i remeber seeing the for sale add for your first bronco.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
User avatar
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Posts: 2006
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
Location: southern oregon
Contact:

Re: What were some of your other vehicles?

Post by bajascott »

thats funny, some kid bought it in chino valley,az by my old place. he still drives it.that was my first set of 4" ttb beams i built
with jofnny jointed radius arms. still in tact and working. i still use j-joints in my radius arms on my own stuff. cheap and work well!
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: What were some of your other vehicles?

Post by philofab »

I will dig up some pictures of the 100+ cars I've owned. I'll admit it before anyone says anything. I have ADD and get board with vehicles quickly.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 am

Re: What were some of your other vehicles?

Post by flyinbronco »

1st car: 1952 Willys M38

1965 Ford F100 4x2

1977 Ford F150 4x4

1977 Ford F250 shortend frame and fitted with stepside bed, 12" lift, 3" body lift, 44" tires what a money pit.

1984 Ford Bronco

2001 Ford F150 4x2 work truck

1994 Ford Bronco prerunner

2004 Ford F150 4x4 work truck

2008 Ford F350 Crew Cab 4x4 current tow rig, Amber's daily driver

2010 Ford Raptor best work truck ever. Thanks Boss
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: What were some of your other vehicles?

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

philofab wrote:I will dig up some pictures of the 100+ cars I've owned. I'll admit it before anyone says anything. I have ADD and get board with vehicles quickly.
At least I'm not the only one...

Not a ton of pics of older cars/trucks - especially stuff that was short lived, but here's my list - with pics of a few...


1991 Mazda B2200 - my 1st "desert" truck. If I only knew then what I know now...

That was replaced with my 1989 Ford ranger. The ranger had a smog/street legal supercharged 3.8L out of a thunderbird in it and looked like the pics below before it got cut up and ended up like the other pics below.

Next came the 1st alfa - a 1971 GTV. It was a euro car that was brought over and while running great it had some MAJOR rust issues. Lesson learned on that. I would have MADE $$ parting it out, but I didn't have room so I lost $$ selling it whole...

After that came the 89 Civic Hatchback. I used to put transmissions, etc in the thing - it was great.

Next came my replacement alfa - my 1972 GTV. It was a fire victim. Should have listened to others and held off but I was young and in a hurry to find one :roll:



*edit* - oops - should posted pics in reverse order. I'll remember for the next post.
Attachments
2-25-03 - Rear.jpg
2-25-03 - Rear.jpg (66.64 KiB) Viewed 2265 times
red FD side.jpg
red FD side.jpg (70.82 KiB) Viewed 2265 times
1-15-08 front 2.jpg
1-15-08 front 2.jpg (62.91 KiB) Viewed 2265 times
6-00-FPside.jpg
6-00-FPside.jpg (132.27 KiB) Viewed 2265 times
Last edited by ChaseTruck754 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: What were some of your other vehicles?

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

*edit* - pics still didn't work out in great order since 1/2 of them aren't in photobucket and I had to attach them. 4 photo limit per post makes it a little harder...


Sold my civic and bought my buddies 1991 exploder 4wd
Image

Boss told me to sell that if I want to deal with clients and I was building the ranger at this point so I financed a used 2001 4wd expedition.

Took a BATH on selling that thing and retired to a 93 civic hatchback again. Just like the last one I used it like a pickup truck.

This is about when my old Ford obsession started. I'll keep the list short here...
1970 F-250 Long bed 2wd
1973 F-250 long bed 2wd
1977 F-250 Crew Cab 2wd
1974 F-250 crew cab 4wd (still have and building this one)
Image

1979 F-150 long bed 2wd

At this point none of the old Fords I still had were running and I needed a pickup and a DD I sold the civic and bought my current DD the '99 tacoma.
Image

1991 Dodge D-150 (bought as cummins donor for 4wd crew cab)

1983 Ford Ranger 2wd DIESEL. Short lived idea about "titling" my ranger...

1974 F-100 supercab 2wd - the current "ranger replacement"
Image

and last but not least the 2 broncos I've had. Although they have been the most recent purchases - both were bought to cut up and strip parts off of... '86 eddie bower and '96 Border Patrol
Attachments
xx 117.jpg
xx 117.jpg (75.69 KiB) Viewed 2261 times
Civic palm4 (7-30-07).jpg
Civic palm4 (7-30-07).jpg (204.73 KiB) Viewed 2261 times
Civic palm2 (7-30-07).jpg
Civic palm2 (7-30-07).jpg (208.95 KiB) Viewed 2261 times
0 005.jpg
0 005.jpg (61.16 KiB) Viewed 2261 times
Last edited by ChaseTruck754 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: What were some of your other vehicles?

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

more pics...
Attachments
Exped w skid 3 (9-12-05).jpg
Exped w skid 3 (9-12-05).jpg (180.77 KiB) Viewed 2261 times
xx 120.jpg
xx 120.jpg (72.68 KiB) Viewed 2261 times
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: What were some of your other vehicles?

Post by philofab »

Stuff I currently own:

Image

1976 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible. My great uncle bought this new and it was a really nice car until it was stolen in Palm Springs and recovered in San Diego stripped. Working on making it nice again.


Image

My 64 Rambler Classic. It's cut apart waiting for me to finish it. Was a 6 cyl auto, now it has a 5.0/T5/9" with 325mm rear tires, 13" disc brakes, and 17" wheels.


Image

My 78 Suzuki GS1000. It's tried to kill me many times and I still have it and ride it.




Stuff I no longer have:

Image

My old 1989 Toyota V6 truck. Great truck. Should have kept it.


Image

Bronco #1.... all beater. I wasn't very nice to this one. Worked really well, didn't look nice at all.


Image
Image

My 92 S-10 and 93 SC T-bird. The S-10 was my first desert truck when I was 17-18 years old. I didn't know any better. Worked better than it should have. The T-bird was a sleeper. Underdrive pulleys, boost pulley, 3.55LS gears from a Cobra mustang, 5 speed, exhaust, some secret land speed record Ford tricks. This car made some Z06 owners cry. Eventually broke the crank with only 10K on the motor.


Image

My 2004 CBR600F4i, had 45K when I sold... probably should have kept it.


Image

My Yamaha DT1, I bought this out of a storage shed. It was parked in 1980. Very nice bike for the age... topped out at 80 mph.


Image

My 2002 Harley DWG. The most worthless bike I've ever owned. Gave it to my dad... he likes it.


Image

My 1995 Acura Integra. Another sleeper. Intake manifold, cold air intake, Hondata, LS-VTEC motor, Greddy full stainless exhaust, other stuff I can't remember. Used to destroy axles and clutches. Took 15 min to change an axle and about an hour for a clutch. Lol...


Image

My XJS, a very high maintenance girlfriend. Still had the V12 in it.



Image

1985 4WD Ranger... I was going to put full size running gear under it. D44/9" with a small block.


Image

My 1991 GMC Syclone #1118. I bought this when I turned 18 and should have never sold it.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: What were some of your other vehicles?

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

philofab wrote:The T-bird was a sleeper. Underdrive pulleys, boost pulley, 3.55LS gears from a Cobra mustang, 5 speed, exhaust, some secret land speed record Ford tricks. This car made some Z06 owners cry.
Imagine that setup in a stripped ranger with 4.56LS gears and 33's. I used to make all the tools driving around Newport trying to impress the blonde bimbos they had in the passenger seat look like compete fools. Well, up until 85 MPH when I ran out of gears that is :lol:

Also, I swear the truck gained 60 HP + back when I dumped the AOD and put the T5 in it.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
rezrider
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:37 pm
Bronco Info: 88 OJ Special, trail ready but not rock worthy

Re: What were some of your other vehicles?

Post by rezrider »

No pic's just a list to give some of you a laugh, cringe or to be jealous of (hardly)...in order of ownership
*early 70s Torino (moms car) - not a Gran but hauled enough azz for a 16 y/o
*75 Ford Courier - lowered with a shell and carpet kit...86'd the shell so I could carry my TM125 to the desert
*78 MGB - lots of fun, only put the top up when it rained - got this when I got out of offroading :? bad move
*73 Datsun Lil' Hustler - lifted in front w/torsion bars tweaked, rear shakled wth o/s tires - bought it to haul TT 500 to the desert
*80 Toyota 4x4 long bed (Hi-Lux) lifted w/burbank springs and shock kit
Got married in 84 so this will include the wifes cars.....
*83 S10 4x4 Tahoe - all the bells and whistles but a piece of crap
*87 Ford F150 extended cab short bed w/straight six
*?? Celica
Started a family need a family car
*84 Chevy Celebrity sport - HO v6, goodyear eagle gt's,
*86 Ford F350 crew cab dually (hay hauler) w/460 - bought it with intentions of pulling a livestock trailer when we moved to Norco - didn't move until 98
*87 Ford F250 Crew cab short wheel base w/460 - Great truck -wish I never got rid of it
*90? Pontiac Grand Am
*90? Pontiac Montana van
*96 Ford F350 crew cab dually diesel - w/intentions to pull horse trailer after moving to Norco and having horses. Motor went south then sold horses.
*90? VW Cabriolet (rabbit conv) piece of shit
*99 GMC Yukon 4x4 w/350 4 door lifted on 33's - family wagon but was a nice ride.
Bought a toy hauler to carry quads, needed a truck to pull TH, so .......
*04 Dodge 2500 HD w/5.7 hemi - truck absolutely hauled azz...blacked out all around but sucked gas when hooked up to TH
*05 Toyota Celica (wife couldn't stay away from them)
*03 Chevy 4x4 Silverado crew cab short wheel base 6.0 gasser. Love it, only issue I have is when I'm draggin the TH up the Cajon I drop to 50mph...can't justify the added cost of a diesel (for now anyways.)
*06 Lexus IS350
Other transactions - Traded my 02 Raptor 660 for a 88 Bronco...no complaints thus far...carries 5, in comfort, 302, auto, headers, a/c, dual Ranchos all around, lifted on BFG 33's...don't know anything about the tranny or gearing. When shifting into drive and 2nd it hits hard (only on pavement). I was told it may be doing it due to the gearing ??? It runs great with NO problems, no grinding, banging, etc. so I think it may have something "special" done to it??? Does this sound familiar to anyone?
*94 Husky 610 to take the place of the quad...great choice, quads'll kill ya! Safety in numbers (in this case tires) is not true!

Sorry for the long list but had a lot of trading, buying, etc in the last 39 years...not finished yet!
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: What were some of your other vehicles?

Post by philofab »

rezrider wrote:*87 Ford F250 Crew cab short wheel base w/460 - Great truck -wish I never got rid of it
Was this truck made by Centurian? I have never seen a short bed crew cab of that year. Only 96s & 97s made by Ford and one 93 1/2 ton made by Centurian.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: What were some of your other vehicles?

Post by SteveG »

I took a stroll down memory lane today via my SuperMotors account.

A couple of my old daily drivers. Including a GIF One of the guys at Kaufmann Products made for their website waaaaay back in the day.
Attachments
explorerdday(5)1.jpg
explorerdday(5)1.jpg (213.13 KiB) Viewed 1972 times
low-ranger.jpg
low-ranger.jpg (42.88 KiB) Viewed 1972 times
greenjump.gif
greenjump.gif (47.58 KiB) Viewed 1972 times
Sho nuff,
SteveG
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: What were some of your other vehicles?

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Weird - I never knew that was your ranger Steve - I had thought about doing my ranger pretty much that color at one time. That is until I saw someone else had already done it.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: What were some of your other vehicles?

Post by SteveG »

It was actually supposed to be orange but at the last minute as I was ordering the paint, I changed my mind. I liked the color simply because it was different. Not because I like lime green! The truck was a real head-turner when it was lowered. The paint was loud and the exhaust was even louder. I had A LOT of fun in the truck and beat the hell out of it.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: What were some of your other vehicles?

Post by SteveG »

The SVO:
Attachments
svo-left-rear.jpg
svo-left-rear.jpg (43.27 KiB) Viewed 1952 times
Sho nuff,
SteveG
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: What were some of your other vehicles?

Post by Travisfab »

Old truck
Image

Current other project
Image
Post Reply