Page 1 of 2

Goat's Sky Ranch

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:16 pm
by 1Hondalover
Rob? Steve? Are you ready to book this?

http://goatsskyranch.com/

Re: Goat's Sky Ranch

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:49 pm
by Nick
I'm so down for a cal city trip! Burro Schmidt tunnel, husky monumeant. Let's go!

Re: Goat's Sky Ranch

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:01 pm
by SteveG
When are you thinking, Jim? Planning too far in advance for us with the little ones as their activities are planned bee far in advance... no excuses, just current facts of life!

Re: Goat's Sky Ranch

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:02 pm
by SteveG
Give me a general time of year or month and I'll talk to Kelci about it to see if we can pin something down.

Re: Goat's Sky Ranch

Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:09 am
by 1Hondalover
Assuming Huckfeast will be January 17/18.....knowing Randsburg is to be avoided during a holiday at any cost.....knowing it's butt cold in the desert too early in the year.....hoping (praying actually) that we get some rain in February......with Daylight Savings Time beginning March 8.....

How about mid-March 2015?

Re: Goat's Sky Ranch

Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:10 am
by yikes
Hahahahaha!

Re: Goat's Sky Ranch

Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:48 pm
by Nick
yikes wrote:Hahahahaha!
You drunk posting again?

Re: Goat's Sky Ranch

Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:38 pm
by SteveG
Exactly what I was thinking. Someone call Jose and tell him Dad's been beer sampling again.

Re: Goat's Sky Ranch

Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:42 pm
by Nick
Jim, rest assured, Brians usually not like this....


What am i saying, yes he is!

Re: Goat's Sky Ranch

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:03 pm
by Bondobob
We need to do a trip out there.... It's a changing landscape everyday... Some may remember this landmark
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414526631.111350.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414526631.111350.jpg (267.24 KiB) Viewed 2775 times


Sadly last night it burned down
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414526549.187491.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414526549.187491.jpg (248.83 KiB) Viewed 2775 times

Re: Goat's Sky Ranch

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:52 pm
by ChaseTruck754
Arson, controlled/scheduled burn or what Bob???

Re: Goat's Sky Ranch

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:04 pm
by SteveG
Hey Jim,

I'm not ignoring this thread, just trying to figure out if I can commit or not. Right now... not. We're in the middle of planning a big vacation with my in-laws and it could end up being some time in March. Until that's finalized, all I can do is wait. This is something I'd like to do, though. I've been wanting to get out to the are for a while now.

Re: Goat's Sky Ranch

Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:09 am
by 1Hondalover
Not a problem Steven. Since we started this discussion our February search attendance in Shell was moved to the month of March, because we couldn't get the same house as last year. This is important since we're getting very close to getting my folks back down here and my Dad out of the mist.

As long as we lock it down before the end of the year, Paige and I can make almost whatever work. Right now we look fairly clear in April, where Easter lands on the 5th. When our kids were younger and at home we'd have already planned to be there over the Easter weekend, but it's a zoo and staying right there at Goat's in the middle of it would be even less fun.

Because the silt will be on top right after the Easter weekend, making the dust even more so unless we get that rain, the April weekend before might make some sense.

Whatever works for all.....I need to make some plans to return to Nashville in the Spring but we really want to do this GFB at Goat's with all of you.

Re: Goat's Sky Ranch

Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:03 pm
by Nick
What ever happened to this???

Re: Goat's Sky Ranch

Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:57 pm
by SteveG
I don't know what you're talking about.

Re: Goat's Sky Ranch

Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:03 pm
by 1Hondalover
Nick wrote:What ever happened to this???
Drunk posting aside.....we're waiting for the rest of you to commit. Paige and I will do prime rib with Goat in the Spring of 2015 and hope to have a few more GFB's in attendance. If we have to go it alone, we'll be sure to put a GFB sticker on Goat's "Wall of Fame".

Re: Goat's Sky Ranch

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:36 am
by Broncodawg
Being my backyard, you can count me in if doesn't interfere with anything I can't miss. Lot of great country out there to explore.

Re: Goat's Sky Ranch

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:52 pm
by SteveG
How many days are you thinking, Jim?

Re: Goat's Sky Ranch

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:07 pm
by 1Hondalover
Two nights? I'd probably head up Friday morning and leave Sunday after breakfast and a run. I sort of see it like this:

Friday: Unload and local run(s) around the mountain to Joberg or maybe a speed run on 50 to the supercross jumps and back on RedRands road to Goat's. Cocktails at the Joint or Goat's patio bench racing then dinner.

Saturday: Big miles day to Schmidt Tunnel, then to Jawbone Store for lunch, then to Jawbone Visitor's Center (if time), then pound the sandwash toward Cal City through Borax Bill's to 43 over the mountain and back to Goat's for prime rib.

Sunday: Breakfast and run out to the Husky Monument, back to load up and leave. Some can depart directly from the monument via 395.

Just an idea.....

Re: Goat's Sky Ranch

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:24 pm
by SteveG
Sounds like a good plan. Normally, I'd commit to taking Friday off and heading over Friday morning, too but I'm starting a new job tomorrow and will be pretty busy so I'm not sure I can make that happen. The family and I would likely leave after the kids get out of school (3-ish) and meet up with you that evening. I should also note that I'll be working some weekends, so my attendance is still questionable. At this point I'm not sure what weekends I'll be working but I'll try to pin it down ASAP and get back to you.