Page 1 of 6

King of Hammers 2014

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:27 pm
by guard
King of Hammers 2014

I just thought I'd post up to see if anyone else is planning to attend the 2014 King of Hammers from Jan 31 - Feb 8. The main event is on Friday, Feb 7. I will likely come up early Friday morning and ride motorcycle for the better part of the day, popping around to different vantage points. I won't be staying over night... In talking with a few it sounds like there may be a few coming up to camp for one or more nights. Feel free to use this thread if you want to coordinate a camp site or meeting point 8-) This event is usually a blast...

http://ultra4racing.com/

https://www.facebook.com/KingofTheHammers

Hammertown will open on January 31st, 2014:

The week of festivities will include:
Sat. 2/1 – King of the Motos Qualifying Rounds
Sun. 2/2 – King of the Motos Race
Mon. 2/3 – Pre-running day
Tue. 2/4 – 4 Wheel Parts Time Trials & Qualifying rounds – Including LCQ and Modified cars
Wed. 2/5 – 4 Wheel Parts Time Trials & Qualifying rounds continued
Wed. 2/5 – KOH UTV Race
Thur. 2/6 - Smittybilt Every Man Challenge (Stocks, Mods, Specs and Legends)
Fri. 2/7 - Griffin King of The Hammers Presented by Nitto Tire *The Big Race*
Sat. 2/8 - Axial RECON ULTRA4 R/C Event

Teaser...



Full Monty...

Re: King of Hammers 2014

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:37 pm
by tcm glx
Yup......In.

Michael, why on the bike? Bring the. Bronco!

Re: King of Hammers 2014

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:43 pm
by guard
KOH 2013 Highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7BhWqTEyfY


KOH 2012 Highlights

Re: King of Hammers 2014

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:46 pm
by guard
tcm glx wrote:Yup......In.

Michael, why on the bike? Bring the. Bronco!
I always run on the bike, it's the only solid bike trip I do each year... So likely will repeat unless I can't get it into shape in time:)

Re: King of Hammers 2014

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:12 pm
by Silverslk
I'm in!!

Tony,

Whats the plan? Email me details...

Re: King of Hammers 2014

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:41 pm
by bajabuck
I plan to head up and ride my bike in with Guard. I will probably go up Thurs and leave relatively early Friday but may stay and leave early Sat. I have never been to this event and am unfamiliar with the area. Don't mind wandering around on my bike but it would great to meet up with GFB guys.

Re: King of Hammers 2014

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:03 pm
by tcm glx
I'll post our plans here.......

Vic, israel, Jesse and myself are heading up Thursday evening for dinner in Yucca valley. A FANTASTIC restaurant........ I have three rooms secured at the holiday inn at a rate of 140 a room I believe. Plan is to head out and watch the race Friday, and head home after.


Andy, same as last year, minus heading up Thursday morning. We will head up Thursday afternoon instead.

Re: King of Hammers 2014

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:11 pm
by RyanDS650X
Ill be a late entry if at all, a buddy of mine will be with me if i get the bronco fixed in time.

Re: King of Hammers 2014

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:13 pm
by tcm glx
Andy, Jesse and Ryan can attest to this place for dinner. It's almost better than the race. HA!

Re: King of Hammers 2014

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:26 pm
by Rmc
My and my fam should be there this year on Saturday. Trying to finish up the bronc before then. Shooting for the Saturday.

Re: King of Hammers 2014

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:26 pm
by RyanDS650X
Oh hell yes. The chow alone is worth the trip! Way back up in the canynon too im not even sure how we found it...

Re: King of Hammers 2014

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:57 pm
by yikes
tcm glx wrote:I'll post our plans here.......

Vic, israel, Jesse and myself are heading up Thursday evening for dinner in Yucca valley. A FANTASTIC restaurant........ I have three rooms secured at the holiday inn at a rate of 140 a room I believe. Plan is to head out and watch the race Friday, and head home after.


Andy, same as last year, minus heading up Thursday morning. We will head up Thursday afternoon instead.
I want in on this!

Re: King of Hammers 2014

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:03 pm
by tcm glx
Let's go B!!!

Re: King of Hammers 2014

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:20 pm
by D1cker1
Hmmm

Re: King of Hammers 2014

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:29 pm
by D1cker1
I'm considering going to this

Re: King of Hammers 2014

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:56 am
by tcm glx

Re: King of Hammers 2014

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:26 pm
by RyanDS650X
Swap meet is saturday so were ie everyone staying friday night?

Re: King of Hammers 2014

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:33 pm
by Rmc
Shoot! Just re-read the schedule, looks like ill have to go Friday instead of Saturday.

Re: King of Hammers 2014

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:49 pm
by yikes
RyanDS650X wrote:Swap meet is saturday so were ie everyone staying friday night?
Home

Re: King of Hammers 2014

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:01 pm
by drewbee88
RyanDS650X wrote:Swap meet is saturday so were ie everyone staying friday night?
Wait swap meet is Saturday? I saw Sunday the 9th on all flyers