Page 1 of 2

New years Dash

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:58 pm
by tcm glx
Anyone planning on heading out to Plaster for the new years dash?

Re: New years Dash

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:08 pm
by Andy Jones
Yes!! i will be there!!!

Re: New years Dash

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:44 pm
by bajascott
i was going to make the drive down and hang out with my extended family(cousins and aunt) but getting layed off pretty much changed my mind. but i will be there in spirit!!

Re: New years Dash

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:17 am
by DirtyMexican
yea ill be there. if you see happen to come across Sanden Motorsports pit, stop on by for a cold one.

Re: New years Dash

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:12 am
by tcm glx
Andy, you going to be in the Bronco?

Re: New years Dash

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:12 am
by Andy Jones
tcm glx wrote:Andy, you going to be in the Bronco?
i think so?

Re: New years Dash

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:25 am
by tcm glx
yaabrother1 wrote:
tcm glx wrote:Andy, you going to be in the Bronco?
i think so?


We should hook up!

Re: New years Dash

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:31 pm
by Deleted Account
im going to be there Tony. Ill get you our radio frec.

Re: New years Dash

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:33 pm
by tcm glx
mkiefer wrote:im going to be there Tony. Ill get you our radio frec.

Please do... planning on being out first thing, and would be happy to help if you need it! If not, I can chill with Shane and Joel and keep an eye on the beer too.....

Re: New years Dash

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:36 pm
by tcm glx
Chris/Andy... come on! Lets come out and play... forecast calls for potential showers that day, which will only make the day VERY VERY interesting!

Re: New years Dash

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:58 pm
by Silverslk
Just realized I have to work the 31st. I get the 1st and 4th off. I know, doesn't help much. I'll try to get it off but not looking good because we are in a plant shutdown and I work in Maintenance/Engineering group.

Re: New years Dash

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:10 am
by poolman
I'll be out there for the race. I'll be in White Super Duty with dented up utility bed. Like to checkout some Broncos!, poolman

Re: New years Dash

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:20 pm
by Silverslk
poolman wrote:I'll be out there for the race. I'll be in White Super Duty with dented up utility bed. Like to checkout some Broncos!, poolman

I wish I could make it. I'd love to put a face to the name. Too bad about your bed. Kenneth told me about the incident and him pulling your trailer in with his F150, that sucks. Have fun out there!!!!

Re: New years Dash

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:22 am
by poolman
Kenneth is the Man! Went way out of his way to help me out! Can't have too many friends in the Desert!

Re: New years Dash

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:14 pm
by Silverslk
poolman wrote:Kenneth is the Man! Went way out of his way to help me out! Can't have too many friends in the Desert!

Yeah, he's a great guy. We have been friends since I moved to Salome my freshman year in Highs school (1988ish). We talk almost daily. So true about not having too many friends.

Re: New years Dash

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:36 pm
by tcm glx
Will be leaving first thing tomorrow.... I am on frequency 154.625 Tony

Re: New years Dash

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:25 pm
by philofab
I might go down there to check the race out, I am going to Glamis for the weekend. Plaster city is just west of El Centro right?

Re: New years Dash

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:33 pm
by tcm glx
Yeah, its about a 15-20 minute drive from el centro. Your not far if you will be in glamis.

Call my cell if u will be out there 7605547700

Re: New years Dash

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:10 pm
by tcm glx
Just got back, had a freakin blasttttt!

Thanks to Keifer for letting us hang out, and chase for you guys (good thing my brother carries bokts!) And a big thanks to Joel for the shock tuning and tips.

Pics and details later!

Re: New years Dash

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:16 pm
by tcm glx
Pics:

Had a blast, about 130 cars registeredt to race, and a huge attrition rate... most TT did not even make the first loop, and by far, the 1600 cars were most impressive. McCallum (sp) won first overall, followed by a 16 car in second overall, and Andy Mac 3rd overall in a 12 car!

My brother, Jeremys Brother (MATT) and a buddy (Jim) went out and kept an ear and eye out for Keifer running in his 14 truck (f150). Had a blast, ending up providing some chase support as they sheared lugs of the race truck... helped them get it back together and finish up.


After that, went back to the main pit, and Joel did some tuning on the Bronco..... also looking at making a custom shortened bumpsto that will fit below the rear bed, without having to cut through. More on that soon.

Here are random pics, of cool rigs...
Image

Keifers 14 truck
Image

A nice old school ford:
Image

Image

Image

A nice Bronco:
Image

Image

Image