Page 1 of 4

2013 Baja 1000

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:30 pm
by ESHALLBETTER
OK, so I know we have a little bit of time, but prerunning should start in the next couple weeks! Who's going, what are you driving, who are you helping, where are you staying, all that good stuff.

I'll start. I am going down the week before and will be prerunning the 3 or 4 days prior to race day. I will be co-driving the second half of the race, so I will probably head down the peninsula early to prerun and stay while we wait for the car. I'll update when I know where we will be staying. I'll be with the Telluride Gold Racing Team.

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:37 pm
by Travisfab
heading down the weekend prior to prerun. Chasing for Pistol Pete on race day.

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:39 pm
by tcm glx
Going down a week in advance with the family to hang out, will be driving the family cruiser (aka minivan). Then will come home the Tuesday before the race, drop the van, and family, and go back down in the bronco.

Will watch the start somewhere around Ojos, and head home using the compadre trail.

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:40 pm
by ESHALLBETTER
Will you have your bronco or be in Pistols stuff? Also, if you know Zach Mckinnley (sp?) tell him I say hi.

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:44 pm
by Travisfab
ESHALLBETTER wrote:Will you have your bronco or be in Pistols stuff? Also, if you know Zach Mckinnley (sp?) tell him I say hi.

Prerunning in my Bronco. If it holds up, I'll have it there on race day. If not, I'll be in a Superduty. I don't know Zach, I only know a few people in Pete's camp, my boss just races with him often.

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:44 pm
by yikes
tcm glx wrote:Will watch the start somewhere around Ojos, and head home using the compadre trail.
This.

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:51 pm
by BajaBronco13
yikes wrote:
tcm glx wrote:Will watch the start somewhere around Ojos, and head home using the compadre trail.
This.
And this. Taking the Silver Bullet out for more dirt.

Chris

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:42 pm
by 323bronco
What yikes said.

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:09 pm
by SC150
I'll be cruising around Wed-Sunday the week of the race. Probably gonna have a Raptor with us and a Bronco or two. If you see the truck, flag us down for a beer. Also, if anyone needs a hand, hit me up. We'll have some mechanically capable guys in our crew (myself excluded) and plenty of room to throw a spare or two in. We don't really have plans, so we'd be happy to help.

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:57 pm
by PBR
heading down o'dark thursday morning for lucky sperm 10 car, also helping out herbst.

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:08 am
by flyinbronco
Going with the Moss Brothers. Rockin the super duty. Staying at the beach house. first round is on Eric.

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:13 am
by ESHALLBETTER
flyinbronco wrote:Going with the Moss Brothers. Rockin the super duty. Staying at the beach house. first round is on Eric.
I'm in! (Unless you mean first round is ON Erik, I usually don't do body shots on the first round, that's more of a bar close thing....)

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:18 pm
by philofab
I have no plans as of yet... which means I am looking for a group to go with...

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:51 pm
by BajaBronco13
philofab wrote:I have no plans as of yet... which means I am looking for a group to go with...
Philo, always welcome to roll with us.

Chris

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:53 pm
by tcm glx
BajaBronco13 wrote:
philofab wrote:I have no plans as of yet... which means I am looking for a group to go with...
Philo, always welcome to roll with us.

Chris

This

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:47 pm
by FUFIMI
when do the actual races start? is in saturday or friday?

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:00 pm
by tcm glx
Bikes Thursday at 11pm and Cars/Trucks Friday morning

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:50 pm
by philofab
BajaBronco13 wrote:Philo, always welcome to roll with us.
tcm glx wrote:This
What are your plans time wise? Room in someones garage for my velocipede and a right seat open? I will gladly pay my way for fuel and such.

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:53 pm
by tcm glx
Leave riverside wed around 2-3pm. Rented a house, split the expense on the house amongst all. Currently 6 coming along. Wed night party, Thursday contingency and a little rc action. Friday watch the start, then head home via Compadre. Not sticking around for the end because of how long the loop is. Winners wouldn't be back until mid day Saturday.

Still some flexibility on the return dates/info though.

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:57 pm
by philofab
tcm glx wrote:Leave riverside wed around 2-3pm. Rented a house, split the expense on the house amongst all. Currently 6 coming along. Wed night party, Thursday contingency and a little rc action. Friday watch the start, then head home via Compadre. Not sticking around for the end because of how long the loop is. Winners wouldn't be back until mid day Saturday.

Still some flexibility on the return dates/info though.
Plan on crossing Friday night or Saturday morning? I'd be down for pitching in on the house. I assume it's in Encenada?