orange county gfb evening meet at cooks corner?

Races, meets, etc
Seabass
Bronco Info: 96 bronco

orange county gfb evening meet at cooks corner?

Post by Seabass »

Anyone interested? Needing to blow some steam off with some good folks and talk trucks. Open to other locations too. Any takers?
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Re: orange county gfb evening meet at cooks corner?

Post by robertcrav »

When?
Seabass

Post by Seabass »

Any day except wed and Thursday works for me. Im not especially picky. Does a certain day work for you better than another? I know Jason will be in too. I'll shoot him a text if he doesn't chime in here.
7D6F250
Bronco Info: i drive a 76' F250 and a 09' F350

Post by 7D6F250 »

beer bikes broads buddies BOOM
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

I could be talked in to it but would show on my bike.... haha
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

It's a bit of a trek - but I could carpool with Andy. I look good riding bitch on a bike :shock: - hahahaha
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:It's a bit of a trek - but I could carpool with Andy. I look good riding bitch on a bike :shock: - hahahaha
Ok but the requirement for riding back of my bike is thong has to be on display!! :shock:
93Broncobuff
Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's

Post by 93Broncobuff »

Id be down, when can we do this? Thurs night, friday, sat, sun?
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Silverslk wrote:
ChaseTruck754 wrote:It's a bit of a trek - but I could carpool with Andy. I look good riding bitch on a bike :shock: - hahahaha
Ok but the requirement for riding back of my bike is thong has to be on display!! :shock:
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

93Broncobuff wrote:Id be down, when can we do this? Thurs night, friday, sat, sun?
Many guys will be gone this week for the Mojave Road trip.

I personally will be in San Diego for an event for a club my father has been a member of for 30 years & I am in the process of joining.

So yeah, not sure those days would work this week unless most of the guys in this thread aren't doing the Mojave trail. I know Andy is and Jason is not. Not sure about Robert or Seabass.
Seabass

Post by Seabass »

How about monday after work?
93Broncobuff
Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's

Post by 93Broncobuff »

I got math class but i can skip again....lol
guard
Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by guard »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:
93Broncobuff wrote:Id be down, when can we do this? Thurs night, friday, sat, sun?
Many guys will be gone this week for the Mojave Road trip.

I personally will be in San Diego for an event for a club my father has been a member of for 30 years & I am in the process of joining.

So yeah, not sure those days would work this week unless most of the guys in this thread aren't doing the Mojave trail. I know Andy is and Jason is not. Not sure about Robert or Seabass.
For some reason I get the impression you're in the process of joining more of a fraternity like the Masons, not a simple club... confirm/deny? Lol
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Depends on how you look at it. To some it's a bit more than a simple club, to others it's not.

Fraternity? Oh how I despise those & that word, but I guess that may unfortunately be the best way to describe it. In short, I guess it's a redneck fraternity - haha.

It's a horse riders club pretty much (but to some - my brother- it's much more than that). A bunch of good ol boys who get together a few times a year to ride, drink & have a good time. All mixed in with supporting wounded warriors & the marines in general. Club was started by a few marines/cowboys who were at pendelton together. It's been in existence for 37 or so years & my dad has been a member for 30 of them. Grandfather was a member for 30 or so years as well, until he passed. Some of these guys are like family to us.
Becoming a member isn't overly complicated, or ritualistic, but it takes some effort, and you have to pay your dues and then also be voted in by the members, which there is a limited number of, so there is often a waiting period there as well.

Anyway, there's 3 rides a year aside from charity type stuff or things like the Swallow's day parade which we ride in as well, and then misc. parties or BBQ's. 1 ride is this weekend & one other seems to always, inevitably fall on the LeDuc swap meet weekend. Such is life.
guard
Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by guard »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Depends on how you look at it. To some it's a bit more than a simple club, to others it's not.

Fraternity? Oh how I despise those & that word, but I guess that may unfortunately be the best way to describe it. In short, I guess it's a redneck fraternity - haha.

It's a horse riders club pretty much (but to some - my brother- it's much more than that). A bunch of good ol boys who get together a few times a year to ride, drink & have a good time. All mixed in with supporting wounded warriors & the marines in general. Club was started by a few marines/cowboys who were at pendelton together. It's been in existence for 37 or so years & my dad has been a member for 30 of them. Grandfather was a member for 30 or so years as well, until he passed. Some of these guys are like family to us.
Becoming a member isn't overly complicated, or ritualistic, but it takes some effort, and you have to pay your dues and then also be voted in by the members, which there is a limited number of, so there is often a waiting period there as well.

Anyway, there's 3 rides a year aside from charity type stuff or things like the Swallow's day parade which we ride in as well, and then misc. parties or BBQ's. 1 ride is this weekend & one other seems to always, inevitably fall on the LeDuc swap meet weekend. Such is life.
Now that sounds awesome! I'm not a horse rider by any stretch of the imagination...I myself don't like sitting on anything with a mind of it's own, but I love watching it. My grandfather (passed away now) was a sergeant in the LA Sheriff dept, search and rescue...and he used to do parades on horseback, really loved watching that.

The ritualistic and political (pecking order) fraternity crap I can't stand. No offense to any Masons here, but I've worked inside the organization enough to know I'm not fond of it. Any active participating members probably know of the closed door rituals I'm talking about...probably a bunch of Masons on here t
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

It is pretty fun. It's not for everybody that is for sure, but it works for me & it's far from any faternity type thing I've ever seen.

Luckily for me I was gone all of last week from work & was out for a whole week at the beginning of September as well. That meant no taking tomorrow off, which kept me from having the tough choice of this ride or the Mojave Trail trip. Super bummed I'm missing the Mojave run, but it just wasn't in the cards this year.
Quailhunter
Bronco Info: 74 F100 Stepside 408 sbf complete Autofab truck 74 F-250 Supercab Shortbed

Post by Quailhunter »

I would never be a member of a club, that would allow me as a member.
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Quailhunter wrote:I would never be a member of a club, that would allow me as a member.
Haha
Seabass

Post by Seabass »

I'll be there around 5:30 to 6 monday after I get off work. I plan on grabbing dinner and a beer. Hope some of you guys can make it.