Score Baja 250 San Felipe

Races, meets, etc
User avatar
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 am

Score Baja 250 San Felipe

Post by flyinbronco »

Score Baja 250 San Felipe is coming soon who's going?
User avatar
ESHALLBETTER
Posts: 1588
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Score Baja 250 San Felipe

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Where are you staying Rick?! I think we'll be in El Dorado per usual. The car got a new body, so it is no longer the crock....
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Score Baja 250 San Felipe

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Does Will Higman still own/run that car Erik?
User avatar
ESHALLBETTER
Posts: 1588
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Score Baja 250 San Felipe

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Nope, we have been racing it for a couple years now. The body was finally haggered to the point of total replacement. Will wasn't happy about the car staying with the Croc paint scheme once he sold it anyway so this should be a nice change of pace. The guys at Jakes Fabworks did a nice job on the new body.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Score Baja 250 San Felipe

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Saw the pics of Jake's work on des rides - he does nice stuff. Didn't realize Will had sold the cars though.
User avatar
ESHALLBETTER
Posts: 1588
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Score Baja 250 San Felipe

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Saw the pics of Jake's work on des rides - he does nice stuff. Didn't realize Will had sold the cars though.
What are you doing hanging out with buggy dorks?!?! :lol:

Image
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Score Baja 250 San Felipe

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I'm still a moderator over there. Only reason I really go there anymore is to make sure spam posts get deleted & users blocked. No truck stuff has gone on there for a while so I don't say much.
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: Score Baja 250 San Felipe

Post by AussieRod »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:I'm still a moderator over there. Only reason I really go there anymore is to make sure spam posts get deleted & users blocked. No truck stuff has gone on there for a while so I don't say much.
No wonder you don't have bloody time to work on the crew!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Score Baja 250 San Felipe

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

eh - all this is done while I sit behind the glowing box for work (shhh - haha). I can't be working on the crew during those times anyway.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Score Baja 250 San Felipe

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

damned edit...

this is also why I sign off the computer/forums after 5 PM weekly & then all weekend usually. Time to get away from this nonsense & get stuff on the projects done.
User avatar
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 am

Re: Score Baja 250 San Felipe

Post by flyinbronco »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:Where are you staying Rick?! I think we'll be in El Dorado per usual. The car got a new body, so it is no longer the crock....

Staying at my friend John's casa on Calle Manzanillo near the Super 7 motel. If you see me I'll buy the first round.

I'm bummed the Moss Brothers are the only class 3 so far. I guess we'll see.
User avatar
ESHALLBETTER
Posts: 1588
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Score Baja 250 San Felipe

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

flyinbronco wrote:
ESHALLBETTER wrote:Where are you staying Rick?! I think we'll be in El Dorado per usual. The car got a new body, so it is no longer the crock....

Staying at my friend John's casa on Calle Manzanillo near the Super 7 motel. If you see me I'll buy the first round.

I'm bummed the Moss Brothers are the only class 3 so far. I guess we'll see.
I think the class 3 guys are bailing for the rear links! If you're buying the first round then we're having at least two rounds!
User avatar
RyanDS650X
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
Location: Mesa, AZ
Contact:

Re: Score Baja 250 San Felipe

Post by RyanDS650X »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:
flyinbronco wrote:
ESHALLBETTER wrote:Where are you staying Rick?! I think we'll be in El Dorado per usual. The car got a new body, so it is no longer the crock....

Staying at my friend John's casa on Calle Manzanillo near the Super 7 motel. If you see me I'll buy the first round.

I'm bummed the Moss Brothers are the only class 3 so far. I guess we'll see.
I think the class 3 guys are bailing for the rear links! If you're buying the first round then we're having at least two rounds!
Ive seen Rick get down... ill bet even money there will be more than a few rounds! Have fun fellas!
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: Score Baja 250 San Felipe

Post by AussieRod »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:
flyinbronco wrote:
ESHALLBETTER wrote:Where are you staying Rick?! I think we'll be in El Dorado per usual. The car got a new body, so it is no longer the crock....

Staying at my friend John's casa on Calle Manzanillo near the Super 7 motel. If you see me I'll buy the first round.

I'm bummed the Moss Brothers are the only class 3 so far. I guess we'll see.
I think the class 3 guys are bailing for the rear links! If you're buying the first round then we're having at least two rounds!
Its strange to me that all the other Class 3 competitors need links to compete with the Moss Bros Bronco, which has leaf springs. :roll:
User avatar
ESHALLBETTER
Posts: 1588
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Score Baja 250 San Felipe

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

[/quote]Its strange to me that all the other Class 3 competitors need links to compete with the Moss Bros Bronco, which has leaf springs. :roll:[/quote]

The problem is beating their experiance! :lol:
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: Score Baja 250 San Felipe

Post by AussieRod »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:
Its strange to me that all the other Class 3 competitors need links to compete with the Moss Bros Bronco, which has leaf springs. :roll:[/quote]

The problem is beating their experiance! :lol:[/quote]
More like learning how to put a competitive package together that meets the spirit of the Class # rules and driving it sensibly. I've been following Class 3 for the last 2 years, and all the others seem to break a lot more than the Moss Bronco does. its true about their experience, though :lol: :lol: :lol: (plus having the Huckmeister along, too) ;)
User avatar
BDKW1
Posts: 1518
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
Location: Not Socal

Re: Score Baja 250 San Felipe

Post by BDKW1 »

Image

I don't always race San Felipe, but when I do, I finish at the Miramar.........


Stay thirsty My friends.........
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Score Baja 250 San Felipe

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

That's pic shows exactly how you appeared to me when I saw you there last.

Man I'm bummed I'm missing this race, but we should be in mid move by this time I think.
User avatar
PaulW
Posts: 1599
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:56 am
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Re: Score Baja 250 San Felipe

Post by PaulW »

Did you guys check out the one of a kind SCORE mile marker. Left over Cuz the distance came out less. Probably wont see that design again?
PW
User avatar
baja-chris
Posts: 712
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: Score Baja 250 San Felipe

Post by baja-chris »

AussieRod wrote: Its strange to me that all the other Class 3 competitors need links to compete with the Moss Bros Bronco, which has leaf springs. :roll:
I don't think that is an accurate assessment. I raced a Stock Full for a few years and we spent way more money on leafs over the course of a season than it would of cost to do links and coilovers one time. And the times when we tried to get 2 races out of a set of leafs are the times when we broke them and had to do a mid-race leaf spring change. Now I'm sure someone will tell me how they get 10,000 race miles out of their leafs and it's just our poor setup or driving style but I'm not buying it. Links and coils are cheaper to race on.

It does not look like I'm going to have my new class 3 ready for San Felipe but we are still trying. And it's linked but is sprung exclusively on a pair of dual shackle leafs. I expect this setup to improve the life of the leafs. I would gladly throw away all that fancy dual shackle leaf spring stuff if the rules allowed coilovers in place of leafs, but they don't so we spent weeks working on a leaf spring setup that we think will work. And we do plan to race other venues where there is no leaf spring rule so the truck is designed to run on coils for those events. It has nothing to do with needing links to complete with Moss Bros. Moss Bros dominate because they have their act together with an incredible finishing record due to good prep and smart driving. That counts for more than links do IMHO.
Post Reply