Page 1 of 8
June 13-15 Eastern Sierras trip
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:00 pm
by yikes
EDIT: See page 2 for current planning....
Broncodawg (Greg) has graciously offered to host a Fall run in his neck of the woods this Oct 5-7. The plan is to camp at Browne's campground in Bishop (or your favorite hotel) and do a couple of day runs out to Deadhorse Meadow in the White Mountains on Friday and Wheeler Crest Saturday. Schedule is tentative. The scenery in the Sierras is awesome in the Fall, so don't miss out on this one!! I can't wait!

Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:08 pm
by RyanDS650X
Cool! Where is the nearest city for us out of towners to mapquest to? Id love to do a camp and fish run.
EDIT: Bishop,CA

and it about 5 hours from me..... ill be watching this closely.
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:16 pm
by ChaseTruck754
This needs to turn into a yearly thing. Or at least we need to make a run when I can go! I want to go up there but will be near Rod's side of the world at this time. Getting married is starting to really dig into GFB runs time for me!
Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:24 pm
by greaslife
ChaseTruck754 wrote:This needs to turn into a yearly thing. Or at least we need to make a run when I can go! I want to go up there but will be near Rod's side of the world at this time. Getting married is starting to really dig into GFB runs time for me!
side note Steve it only gets worse with a ring and then kids haha
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:24 pm
by Nick
I am soooooo in!
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:54 pm
by SteveG
I'd love to but I'm doing The Mojave Trail that weekend.
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:57 pm
by ChaseTruck754
greaslife wrote:ChaseTruck754 wrote:This needs to turn into a yearly thing. Or at least we need to make a run when I can go! I want to go up there but will be near Rod's side of the world at this time. Getting married is starting to really dig into GFB runs time for me!
side note Steve it only gets worse with a ring and then kids haha
haha - starting to realize that. Trips like this one or places like this she'd be more open to going on though. She's not a fan of the desert although I'm trying my best to change that.
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:26 pm
by Nick
SteveG wrote:I'd love to but I'm doing The Mojave Trail that weekend.
Whaaa?
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:22 pm
by SteveG
Nick wrote:SteveG wrote:I'd love to but I'm doing The Mojave Trail that weekend.
Whaaa?
Kidding!
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:29 pm
by hobbyturnedobsession
Bahahahah
Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:40 pm
by greaslife
Wish I could make .wife works and most likely I will be scrambling too get stuff done on big red worse than I all ready am. Maybe next one.
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:22 am
by AussieRod
ChaseTruck754 wrote:This needs to turn into a yearly thing. Or at least we need to make a run when I can go! I want to go up there but will be near Rod's side of the world at this time. Getting married is starting to really dig into GFB runs time for me!
Rest assured, Steve, after the fact, you will notice it digs into your trip time a LOT! And a lot of other things you used to do. Having said that, I hope it works out for the two of you

Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:44 am
by Kel Fab Creations
Sounds like a fun trip. I've always wanted to go to the sierra's. My wife would also love it. We'll see if the bronco is ready. I doubt it though.

Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:54 am
by ChaseTruck754
AussieRod wrote:ChaseTruck754 wrote:This needs to turn into a yearly thing. Or at least we need to make a run when I can go! I want to go up there but will be near Rod's side of the world at this time. Getting married is starting to really dig into GFB runs time for me!
Rest assured, Steve, after the fact, you will notice it digs into your trip time a LOT! And a lot of other things you used to do. Having said that, I hope it works out for the two of you

I'm sure it will. Luckily she likes to travel so we're going all sorts of places I've never been or have been to cheap or lazy to hit. The downside is I'm around less for "local", fun runs like this. Now if I could just somehow make the trips stop overlapping so I could do both!
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:23 am
by Broncodawg
Wow, so much interest and only posted last night! Won't be a problem getting campsite or room in October and hopefully the aspens cooperate and hold their leaves for us. Never know as weather dictates when they turn. The two day runs I'm planning take us to the top of the mountains surrounding Bishop and the views are spectacular! You'll need working 4x4 for Wheeler crest, but both runs have places we can hang it out some too. Both have long climbs so prep your cooling systems and seeing we'll be hitting 11,000 feet on Wheeler, anyone carbed should make sure its working well.
Hosted EB groups up here in the past and looking forward to sharing some of this country with the GFB crew. Pretty short notice I know, but Brian and I just threw this together, so hope you can make it.
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:28 am
by convoy
Brian,
Do you think you could keep up with my VW bus?
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:31 pm
by Mojo
I just got back from spending 2 weeks in that area July 30th & would love to go again, but unfortunately I have to work that weekend

I wish Greg would just find me a job up there, hahaha!!!
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:21 pm
by mrmatt
The sierras are indeed awesome in the fall! IT will be a great trip. My October is going to be crazy busy tough. If you have never been you should make it a priority to go!
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:02 pm
by bajabuck
Can I bring the Rhino? Brian's photos inspired me. Can a green sticker vehicle go on the trails you plan to run? Is there parking at the trail heads. Just speculating here, I may have to work and have a trip planned the following weekend.
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:40 am
by yikes
convoy wrote:Brian,
Do you think you could keep up with my VW bus?
Haha! Wellllll, if my engine holds together. Developed a knock after the last trip. Ooops!