Page 1 of 1

Pismo Huckfest June 9th

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:30 am
by flyinbronco
Not to be confused with a GFB huckfest. Its the week after the 500. Any takers?http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showth ... e-9th-2012

Re: Pismo Huckfest June 9th

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:54 am
by Agui-E7TE
I'm gonna check this out, sounds like fun and the fact that the guys got permits for it makes it even better.

Re: Pismo Huckfest June 9th

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:02 am
by SteveG
There's no way this can be confused with the GFB HuckFEAST.

Assuming I'm in town (I should be), I'll go check it out. The major problem with this event is the wind is typically BRUTAL. Prepare yourself for a good sandblasting. I usually just sit in my truck and watch from a nearby hill.

Pismo Huckfest June 9th

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:04 am
by economig
SteveG wrote:There's no way this can be confused with the GFB HuckFEAST.
LOL!
SteveG wrote:Assuming I'm in town (I should be), I'll go check it out. The major problem with this event is the wind is typically BRUTAL. Prepare yourself for a good sandblasting. I usually just sit in my truck and watch from a nearby hill.
I want to go really bad but might just go with motorhome & SxS

***to spectate :)

Re: Pismo Huckfest June 9th

Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:32 am
by SteveG
No-go for me. I have a graduation party I can't get out of. Sorry, fellas!

Re: Pismo Huckfest June 9th

Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:10 pm
by Pre Run It
The Event is going to start around 10am to avoid the late afternoon winds. It looks like its going to be a great event this year. There planning on having some good media coverage, FUEL TV more than likely will be there also. We (www.Tough-Light.com) is going to be one of the many event Sponsors. We will be donating around 2k in Led bars for the raffle and the participants. There is also a rumor of BJ Baldwin showing up.

Re: Pismo Huckfest June 9th

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:38 pm
by Agui-E7TE
It was an awesome event and was a huge success.

Here's a video I just found on YouTube of Pistol Pete Hucking his Trophy Truck. He was the official winner of Huckfest 2012


Re: Pismo Huckfest June 9th

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:43 pm
by Squarehead
Man, what a good time that was!

The organizers (Manuel, Johnny, and Chris) did a great job -- all legit permits, insurance. All competing trucks passed inspection and there were no mishaps or wrecks.

I brought the PA system and the tunes (that's my annoying voice you hear announcing in the videos, ha) and enjoyed every minute of it. I even went back after the contest and launched my Bronco off some of the dunes (will post pics later - obviously no where near as big as the competitors, but high enough for me!). Really enjoyed the happenings up there this weekend. I'm guessing next year's event will be even bigger and better.

Re: Pismo Huckfest June 9th

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:37 pm
by Agui-E7TE
Here's a few of the photos that didn't make the cut. Check out the October issue of Off-Road magazine for more coverage on Huckfest 2012.



Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Pismo Huckfest June 9th

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:43 pm
by economig
I already knew that rail launched it but that pic is so sick! Ha ha ha it looks like a plane, just flyin' by up there, since you can't see the ground in that one. Cool pics! My buddy was sending me iPhone videos while it was happening *and i was working :( can't wait for next year's

Ps. LOVE Pistol's white simulated fenders on the one piece LOLz