Page 1 of 1

Last trail run before...

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:43 pm
by guard
Last trail run before...Mark Kiefer gets to majorly "tinker" with things through the end of this month!

Took a trip up to Lake Arrowhead's "Dishpan Springs" with a friend's Toyota Tacoma. He was skinnier but, in the end, the Bronco pulled him out of the snow/ice ridden rocks. I came into 4-wheeling as a Jeeper, so I can't seem to get big rocky trails outta my system. I've decided that in choosing the FSB in place of a CJ-7, I've added a level of difficulty and challenge that wasn't there before...the added challenge is to squeeze through rocky channels and up steps that are better suited for much narrower tire width, without sustaining visible damage to the body or drivetrain. War wounds include: scuffed up rock sliders (what they're for...right?), dented rear driver side wheel center cap, destroyed plastic front bumper valance panel (I think that's what you call it...), banged up tranny skid plate, small leak in the rear diff, and the realization that the front elocker isn't working. Thankfully there was zero body damage, even with all the sliding from the icy rocks. Anyway, thought you guys would appreciate the pics even though they aren't 60mph down some desert woops ;) However, Mark is going to be working on making this big boy capable of doing just that this month!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Last trail run before...

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:44 pm
by guard
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Last trail run before...

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:00 pm
by BajaBronco13
What the heck! LOL Keifer better haul the mail and get my truck done first :)

Chris

Re: Last trail run before...

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:09 pm
by guard
BajaBronco13 wrote:What the heck! LOL Keifer better haul the mail and get my truck done first :)

Chris
Mark eluded to a little delay coming while he's finishing up his "current project". I guess I don't have to wonder who's that is! haha

Re: Last trail run before...

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:19 pm
by BajaBronco13
ha ha ha just busting your chops. Good luck with your build. Mark does awesome work.

Chris