Page 1 of 7
Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:45 pm
by flyinbronco
Hey guys,
I'm pretty sure September 9-11 is Off Road magazine's Heavy metal weekend in Pismo. They were so cool to send Augi to our Baja HID trip we should return the favor by attending their run. I know its really close to the last trip and it does conflict with a couple of races but it would be fun.
I'll likely be there with a few non Bronco friends again and I'll be camping on the beach and grillin' some beef.
Any takers? Can any of you girly men get your junk fixed in a hurry for another attempt at taking my King Huckster crown away?
Hey B. Maybe Carmin can do the job you can't. Can you say "all hail the Queen Huckster"?
ADMIN EDIT FOR DATE CORRECTION
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip
Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:55 pm
by Bondobob
Rick, Stacey and I are going to Pismo and beach camping with a few other peeps on September 15th so we will be there until Sunday
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip
Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:56 pm
by SteveG
This girlyman's Bronco is ready to roll and can go play at a moments notice! Buuuut, I'm already booked for that weekend. The family and I are driving the Falcon to Antioch for the Billet Proof car show. We'll be caravaning with my parents, two brothers and their families and one other family. I'd love to make it to the Heavy Metal gig, but not this year! Sorry!
My brother Jeff and I are definitely in and ready to cook for our annual January trip, though.
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip
Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:17 am
by flyinbronco
Bondobob wrote:Rick, Stacey and I are going to Pismo and beach camping with a few other peeps on September 15th so we will be there until Sunday
Good deal Bob. We'll see you guys there.
Bummer Steve what would a Pismo trip be without your breakfast burritos? Damn.
Time for a new GFB tradition at Pismo. Instant Oatmeal.
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip
Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:44 am
by yikes
I'm keeping my sights on the mil and focusing on getting more bugs worked out between now and then. Would absolutely love to go, but hey! be ready for some competition in January, King Huckmeister.
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip
Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:16 pm
by flyinbronco
yikes wrote:I'm keeping my sights on the mil and focusing on getting more bugs worked out between now and then. Would absolutely love to go, but hey! be ready for some competition in January, King Huckmeister.
Dang it Brian I thought I could shame you into showing up. Alright it will give Carmen more time to practice.
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip
Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:20 pm
by flyinbronco
Hold it Hold it. It looks like my dates are screwed up. If its the second weekend in September that means it on the 10th and 11th.
Can you reschedule Bob?
How bout you Steve? No car show?
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip
Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:40 pm
by navynuke
hmmmm,...... dates would be great, looked at their website, nothing about the Heavy Metal thing yet.
I need a few things,
Dates
Tires
trip prep....
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip
Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:54 pm
by tcm glx
Shet!! That is the next MORE race. Ok, maybe I can talk the wife into hgeading to Pismo after the race on Sat
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip
Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:49 pm
by SteveG
Are you sure that's the date? I'm pretty sure the weekend of the 17th is correct. Where the hell is Squarehead? Did he drop off the planet?
If you guys are there the weekend before, I'll be there. I just don't know how much time I'll spend out there and I don't know that I can provide breakfast. We might be moving that weekend... if we are, heading to the beach for the entire weekend just ain't gonna happen.
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:29 am
by Agui-E7TE
I just confirmed it with Jerrod and he said it is on September 9-11. Its always the second weekend of September so its not too crowded when we show up there. I'll be there in a non-bronco(my '71 GMC prerunner That should be burgundy by then)
Everyone's invited and if you break out there its no big deal and we'll probably just tow you back BajaHID Fun Run style! There's a shop thats just a stones throw from the dunes that is open on weekends and the owner is really good friends with Jerrod so we can go there to air up or repair any major carnage.
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:01 pm
by navynuke
I am down for this, gonna get some new tires ordered up Tomorrow, if only I could build my new 302 before this too. Oh well some things are not meant to be
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:20 am
by navynuke
Anyone planning to go on this still? Just checking around as more people seem to be heading to Lucerne now.
Ken
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:15 pm
by BajaF250
Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on the way you look at it), I'm commited to pit support for the San Felipe Challenge of Champions... going to the races... Sorry Rick!
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:32 am
by flyinbronco
BajaF250 wrote:Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on the way you look at it), I'm commited to pit support for the San Felipe Challenge of Champions... going to the races... Sorry Rick!
No worries Tom. If the Moss Brothers were racing I'd be there too. I've wanted to go to this for years now and its always conflicted with the Primm race. I'm going this year GFBers or not. I busted my hump all weekend and all the damage is fixed from Baja trip and I'm ready to go.
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:53 am
by BajaF250
Did you get the front shock mounts all redone?
Awesome you're ready to go... sorry we won't be able to make it...
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:32 am
by SteveG
flyinbronco wrote:No worries Tom. If the Moss Brothers were racing I'd be there too. I've wanted to go to this for years now and its always conflicted with the Primm race. I'm going this year GFBers or not. I busted my hump all weekend and all the damage is fixed from Baja trip and I'm ready to go.
Rick, I will see you out there. Let me know when you get into town.
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:36 pm
by flyinbronco
SteveG wrote:flyinbronco wrote:No worries Tom. If the Moss Brothers were racing I'd be there too. I've wanted to go to this for years now and its always conflicted with the Primm race. I'm going this year GFBers or not. I busted my hump all weekend and all the damage is fixed from Baja trip and I'm ready to go.
Rick, I will see you out there. Let me know when you get into town.
Are you still moving that weekend Steve?
I'm shooting for 12 noon arrival time Saturday. I'm bringing a non Bronco friend and his girlfriend Pinkie. Ha Ha. And she rides her own Harley. I'm not sure if her last name is Tuscadero or not.
Geez I just showed my age didn't I?
For you youngsters. What famous TV series did the character Pinkie Tuscadero have a part in?
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:43 pm
by SteveG
[quote="flyinbronco"Are you still moving that weekend Steve?[/quote]
Nope. But I will be buttoning up whatever last minute projects I decide to start on the Falcon.
flyinbronco wrote:For you youngsters. What famous TV series did the character Pinkie Tuscadero have a part in?
I don't have any clue what you're talking about.
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:01 pm
by flyinbronco
BajaF250 wrote:Did you get the front shock mounts all redone?
Awesome you're ready to go... sorry we won't be able to make it...
No Tom my super human powers are not like yours but I did build a new and improved rear upper shock mount that will never break again and after I get two new limiting straps I'll get another 1" of droop

. Fixed the front inner fenders that was fun, not, fixed the right front reservior mount easy squeezy, re welded broken light tab hope it dosen't break off again, pulled out chase rack and mounted rear seat, cleaned interior, loaded tools and chase supplies into crew cab and got camping gear ready to load but no new front coil overs this trip. Oh did the laundry and went grocery shopping too. Dang I need a girlfriend those chores really take up too much of my time.
I'm sorry you and Jules won't be there too but at least it won't be 120 in the shade in Pismo. Have fun and good luck to Brian.