Page 1 of 2

MORE TOYS FOR TOTS DEC 4th Barstow

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:00 pm
by Polarcub
Well the Kaveman Team will be out with the Mighty 990 to top of a rough season. We are currently tied for third in points for the class with 2nd a possibility given some good luck thrown our way! :lol: Either way this is a great race, bring a toy and enjoy the cool December weather Hope to see you there!

Re: MORE TOYS FOR TOTS DEC 4th Barstow

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:01 pm
by tcm glx
In!

Re: MORE TOYS FOR TOTS DEC 4th Barstow

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:10 pm
by Polarcub
tcm glx wrote:In!
Was going to give you a call earlier today just got busy...haha Hey can you bring those coil studs you picked up for me from Brian with you? Will be good to see you out there. Have you and matt decided on where you will be yet? I may be in the car depending on how matt's ribs hold up he broke a couple a few weeks ago. Talked to my dad today think we will make a single stop for 3-5 gal on gas and that should be it of course things will depend on how matt feels though either way the plan is one stop, if Matt cant hang for the whole race we will take fuel when I hop in.

Re: MORE TOYS FOR TOTS DEC 4th Barstow

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:13 pm
by tcm glx
Polarcub wrote:
tcm glx wrote:In!
Was going to give you a call earlier today just got busy...haha Hey can you bring those coil studs you picked up for me from Brian with you? Will be good to see you out there. Have you and matt decided on where you will be yet? I may be in the car depending on how matt's ribs hold up he broke a couple a few weeks ago. Talked to my dad today think we will make a single stop for 3-5 gal on gas and that should be it of course things will depend on how matt feels though either way the plan is one stop, if Matt cant hang for the whole race we will take fuel when I hop in.

Yeah, I will grab those bolts and throw them in the bronco. I talked to Matt, and I think the plan is try to run all the small loops, then one stop to go on and run the two big loops.

I am planning on setting up on stoddard, and just watch you guys from any one of the road crossings. MOve around all of them, come back to main to help fuel, and then go down and catch you somewhere on the big loop ( I guess that means I will be all over... hahahaha). Loops are so small, I want to stay close to main for help if needed, but roaming to catch some action.

Re: MORE TOYS FOR TOTS DEC 4th Barstow

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:14 pm
by Polarcub
tcm glx wrote:
Polarcub wrote:
tcm glx wrote:In!
Was going to give you a call earlier today just got busy...haha Hey can you bring those coil studs you picked up for me from Brian with you? Will be good to see you out there. Have you and matt decided on where you will be yet? I may be in the car depending on how matt's ribs hold up he broke a couple a few weeks ago. Talked to my dad today think we will make a single stop for 3-5 gal on gas and that should be it of course things will depend on how matt feels though either way the plan is one stop, if Matt cant hang for the whole race we will take fuel when I hop in.

Yeah, I will grab those bolts and throw them in the bronco. I talked to Matt, and I think the plan is try to run all the small loops, then one stop to go on and run the two big loops.

I am planning on setting up on stoddard, and just watch you guys from any one of the road crossings. MOve around all of them, come back to main to help fuel, and then go down and catch you somewhere on the big loop ( I guess that means I will be all over... hahahaha). Loops are so small, I want to stay close to main for help if needed, but roaming to catch some action.
Cool Beans sounds like a plan! Thanks on the bolts hopefully we wont need you this time!

Re: MORE TOYS FOR TOTS DEC 4th Barstow

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:01 pm
by Dezertbronco
Im not sure about my work schedule but if I can make it I will shoot you a PM.

Re: MORE TOYS FOR TOTS DEC 4th Barstow

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:19 pm
by ChaseTruck754
I'll be there. If I remember right I think Andy and Lily and Chris and his son Tony are going as well.

Re: MORE TOYS FOR TOTS DEC 4th Barstow

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:20 pm
by tcm glx
A total of 4 Class 3 entries for this race!!:

Class 3

302 Kurt Larmee
305 Brian Morris*
348 Salvador Cervantes*
387 Steve Ghamari*

Re: MORE TOYS FOR TOTS DEC 4th Barstow

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:39 pm
by Polarcub
Even though I love that EB of Kurt Laramie I hope he gets beat. Had one conversation with the guy a couple of years ago at tech and he was a complete @$$...all he can do is brag about being the MDR and MORE class 3 champion sheesh I think this is the first MORE race in a few years that there has been more than two entries usually its one...lol
Cant wait to see you guys out there hope the wind stays away I think we will be back to some pretty chilly weather by the weekend..cant wait!

Re: MORE TOYS FOR TOTS DEC 4th Barstow

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:33 pm
by Dezertbronco
Im going to have to pass, I leave for 5 days on the road on monday....

Re: MORE TOYS FOR TOTS DEC 4th Barstow

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:36 pm
by yikes
Polarcub wrote:Even though I love that EB of Kurt Laramie I hope he gets beat. Had one conversation with the guy a couple of years ago at tech and he was a complete @$$...all he can do is brag about being the MDR and MORE class 3 champion sheesh I think this is the first MORE race in a few years that there has been more than two entries usually its one...lol
Cant wait to see you guys out there hope the wind stays away I think we will be back to some pretty chilly weather by the weekend..cant wait!
I'm with you on that Jer. That Bronco sure is nice though. Hey, have a good race. Tell Matt I said hi and see him next year.

Re: MORE TOYS FOR TOTS DEC 4th Barstow

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:47 pm
by tcm glx
Great race today, weather was awesome (except for a few sprinkles!).

Matt had a solid race, was running with 30-45 seconds of the competition, ended up blowing through a few ball joints, and a tire rod bolt... still brought it home 4th place, and 3rd for the Season!!! Awesome day.

Princess also got to try out the new rear shock valving, and it was a HUGE HUGE improvement, it is 99% dialed to where I want it!! Great day in the desert!

Re: MORE TOYS FOR TOTS DEC 4th Barstow

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:51 pm
by yikes
Woohoooo!

Image

Re: MORE TOYS FOR TOTS DEC 4th Barstow

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:29 pm
by Polarcub
I will try to get the trip report up tomorrow ...good time and thanks to everyone for all the help this season!

Re: MORE TOYS FOR TOTS DEC 4th Barstow

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:55 pm
by BajaBronco13
I had a great time out in Barstow with Tony and Steve to support Kaveman Racing. Congrats to them on a 3rd overall for the season and I'm looking forward to our next race. Here our the pics I was able to take.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: MORE TOYS FOR TOTS DEC 4th Barstow

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:56 pm
by BajaBronco13
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: MORE TOYS FOR TOTS DEC 4th Barstow

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:00 pm
by BajaBronco13
Kaveman was having some issues with their rear amber so Steve flagged them in for a short pit stop:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: MORE TOYS FOR TOTS DEC 4th Barstow

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:08 pm
by BajaBronco13
After Kaveman's pit we decided to head back to the Main Pit and all of a sudden I heard air escaping out of the front driver side tire, damn.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Of course I have a spare..... uh but I don't have the key to the lock. Now that really blew but Jeremy was kind enough to let borrow his spare wheel. Thanks Jeremy, you're a life saver man.

Image

Image

Re: MORE TOYS FOR TOTS DEC 4th Barstow

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:13 pm
by BajaBronco13
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: MORE TOYS FOR TOTS DEC 4th Barstow

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:16 pm
by BajaBronco13
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image