Page 1 of 2
Fast-Aid Fundraiser Race Car/Pre-runner Show & BBQ
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:11 am
by Solo Motorsports 44
FAST-AID FUND RAISER BBQ & OFF-ROAD SHOW
When: Saturday, September 18th at Solo Motorsports Inc.11am-2pm
Where: 639 N. Barranca Ave. Covina, Ca 91723
In response to our sport’s tragedy, Solo Motorsports is hosting a BBQ (hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, and a soda) and off-road race car & prerunner show. It’s free. We’re asking for either direct donations or our BBQ proceeds will be donated………Parking will be available at the parking lot just north of our address of 639 N. Barranca Ave, Covina, 91723. Truck & trailer parking is available along Edna Place almost across the street from shop driveway entrance. It’s only for 3 hours as we know everyone has busy schedules……WE HAVE A HANDFULL OF RACE CAR/PRERUNNER COMMITMENTS; HOWEVER, IF YOU CAN BRING YOUR DESERT RACE CAR/ PRERUNNER -- DIRTY OR CLEAN -- PLEASE CALL OUR SHOP AHEAD OF TIME AND EMAIL A PHOTO TO
info@solomotorsports.com to make final arrangements at 626.966.7656… If you can display your vehicle, please be here by 9:30am-ish for vehicle show placement..……We moved to Covina last year to our new facility and have enough parking lot room for an estimated 60-80 vehicles….. Thanks for your support!!!
Re: Solo Motorsports fund raiser for MDR accident this Saturday
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:17 am
by BajaBronco13
ADMIN EDIT: Posts below merged into this one from a previous thread.
Hey guys,
I just got off the phone with Bobby at Solo Motorsports regarding a couple of parts I need for the white bronco and he mentioned that they are having a fund raiser from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 18th. I'm told they'll have several race trucks and prerunners on hand to view and they will have a bbq going as well. I think it's worth checking out.
See website for directions:
http://solomotorsports.com/
Chris
Re: Solo Motorsports fund raiser for MDR accident this Saturday
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:21 am
by BajaBronco13
I'm going to try to make it but would like to get some more hours into the Bronco to get ready for our October run. If I do I'll just stop by for an hour.
Chris
Re: Solo Motorsports fund raiser for MDR accident this Saturday
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:46 am
by philofab
I'll be heading to Torrance on Saturday so I'll probably stop by. If Chris is there I could just give him the inner fenders....
Re: Solo Motorsports fund raiser for MDR accident this Saturday
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:49 am
by Nick
I'll be there!
Re: Solo Motorsports fund raiser for MDR accident this Saturday
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:09 pm
by ChaseTruck754
Their new shop is not far from a buddies place out that way. I need to see him to pick up some parts so maybe I'll work it out for Saturday and catch this too...
Re: Solo Motorsports fund raiser for MDR accident this Saturday
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:19 pm
by Rwies
Ill be there! They posted a thread on Race-dez, check out the link for further details.
http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showth ... H-11am-2pm
Re: Solo Motorsports fund raiser for MDR accident this Saturday
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:01 pm
by tcm glx
BajaBronco13 wrote:Hey guys,
I just got off the phone with Bobby at Solo Motorsports regarding a couple of parts I need for the white bronco and he mentioned that they are having a fund raiser from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 18th. I'm told they'll have several race trucks and prerunners on hand to view and they will have a bbq going as well. I think it's worth checking out.
See website for directions:
http://solomotorsports.com/
Chris
Damn, I wish I could make it, but I need to be in San Diego at my brothers baptism.... you going Chris?
Re: Fast-Aid Fundraiser Race Car/Pre-runner Show & BBQ
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:12 pm
by SteveG
I merged the two threads... Good luck!
Re: Solo Motorsports fund raiser for MDR accident this Saturday
Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:11 am
by tcm glx
philofab wrote:I'll be heading to Torrance on Saturday so I'll probably stop by. If Chris is there I could just give him the inner fenders....
That would be sweet, or we could meet.
Re: Fast-Aid Fundraiser Race Car/Pre-runner Show & BBQ
Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:20 am
by ChaseTruck754
Or you can drop them off with me if we run into each other Philo. As I said on the phone last night I'm not sure when I'll be at the shop, but give me a call when you are here and we can figure something out.
Re: Fast-Aid Fundraiser Race Car/Pre-runner Show & BBQ
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:41 am
by Rwies
Anyone else going? Nick we should meet up, would be nice to finally put a face to the name HAHA. See you guys there!
Re: Fast-Aid Fundraiser Race Car/Pre-runner Show & BBQ
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:51 pm
by Nick
Rwies wrote:Anyone else going? Nick we should meet up, would be nice to finally put a face to the name HAHA. See you guys there!
I'll be there. It would be good to meet you, give me a call 562-536-3168.
Re: Fast-Aid Fundraiser Race Car/Pre-runner Show & BBQ
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:25 pm
by Polarcub
Wish I could make it but the family has me busy sat....Have fun guys and take some pics bet it will be a good time
Re: Fast-Aid Fundraiser Race Car/Pre-runner Show & BBQ
Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:25 pm
by Nick
Nice event!
Re: Fast-Aid Fundraiser Race Car/Pre-runner Show & BBQ
Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:46 pm
by usmcgunrock
I saw that 4runner at the last MORE race. Very well thought out and clean. Does anyone have more pictures of it?
Re: Fast-Aid Fundraiser Race Car/Pre-runner Show & BBQ
Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:48 pm
by Rwies
I can get some pictures next time i go to solo...Thats pauls 4runner, hes one of the sales guys!
Re: Fast-Aid Fundraiser Race Car/Pre-runner Show & BBQ
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:40 pm
by usmcgunrock
I figured he worked there because he was sporting a bunch of Solo stuff. I asked him a couple questions at Slash X when he was getting ready to leave. I was really interested in the rear bumper because I need to build something like that for the Explorer and my brother has been looking for a coilover setup for the rear of his 4runner. I had some questions about getting some work done but I will just PM the thread starter.
Re: Fast-Aid Fundraiser Race Car/Pre-runner Show & BBQ
Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:01 pm
by Rwies
The thread starter would be Paul if i had to guess...Bobby hates computers HAHA
Re: Fast-Aid Fundraiser Race Car/Pre-runner Show & BBQ
Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:32 pm
by Nick
Rwies wrote:Bobby hates computers HAHA
Aint that the truth!