Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11

Races, meets, etc
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11

Post by flyinbronco »

OK the Baja HID Excursion trip is in Offroad this month when's the Heavy Metal coverage coming? I've been waiting to see who got the biggest air. Me or Steve?
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Post by Agui-E7TE »

I'm pretty sure it will come out in the next issue since it was two weeks after the Baja trip. I didn't even know the issue was out until Tony told me it was out. As soon as I got back from the SEMA show I hopped in my Bronco and picked up the issue at my local 7-11.
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

Augie, thank you for the great BajaHID write-up, you did us proud, Mate :D :D
I hope you can make the next one.
Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Post by Agui-E7TE »

I'll definitely be at the next one. I'm hooked for life. Next time you should bring some starburts snakes with you since we can't get those over here. ;)
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

Agui-E7TE wrote:I'm pretty sure it will come out in the next issue since it was two weeks after the Baja trip. I didn't even know the issue was out until Tony told me it was out. As soon as I got back from the SEMA show I hopped in my Bronco and picked up the issue at my local 7-11.

Awesome Augi. I hope the pictures and story come out as well as the Baja HID story did. Keep up the good work spreading the Bronco love.

The word is the next trip will be January 2012.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

flyinbronco wrote:The word is the next trip will be January 2012.
Already looking forward to it & was discussing with Karen since we were up that way this weekend. I asked SteveG about dates for it but he said we're waiting on the SCORE schedule to finalize.

Man I can't wait!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Agui-E7TE

Post by Agui-E7TE »

Its usually the same weekend as TDS but I might be skipping it to go to Pismo. I'm not writing the Heavy Metal Weekend story but I know it will be a great story as well. They have my pictures and they took many others as well so it should be a good one.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:
flyinbronco wrote:The word is the next trip will be January 2012.
Already looking forward to it & was discussing with Karen since we were up that way this weekend. I asked SteveG about dates for it but he said we're waiting on the SCORE schedule to finalize.

Man I can't wait!
We're just waiting on Sal!

The next trip should be great. We have a few surprises up our sleeves for the next one and, as always, plan to feed everyone like kings!

Date to be announced soon: http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... f=4&t=2595
Sho nuff,
SteveG
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

I heard the coverage is out but once again I can't find a copy to save my life. Heck I'm still looking for last months edition. Every where I go its the same story no Offroad.
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

flyinbronco wrote:I heard the coverage is out but once again I can't find a copy to save my life. Heck I'm still looking for last months edition. Every where I go its the same story no Offroad.
Trust me Rick, you don't want to see it. Steve got most of the love, while you are shown doing repairs.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

Nick wrote:
flyinbronco wrote:I heard the coverage is out but once again I can't find a copy to save my life. Heck I'm still looking for last months edition. Every where I go its the same story no Offroad.
Trust me Rick, you don't want to see it. Steve got most of the love, while you are shown doing repairs.

No way. All that flogging my poor truck for hours showin' off and they printed pictures of repairs. Jeez Louise.
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

Bummer that those tandem pics didn't make it.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Were there lots of pics of the jeep though? I bet there were...
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Nick wrote:Bummer that those tandem pics didn't make it.
What!?, that was the best part!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

Why are you messing with me Nick? No tri tip for you.

Agui where are you? Tell me it isn't so.
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

flyinbronco wrote:

Why are you messing with me Nick? No tri tip for you.

Agui where are you? Tell me it isn't so.
I wouldn't shit my favorite turd! No bitchen drooped out mega air pics...other than Steve. :o
Agui-E7TE

Post by Agui-E7TE »

I just saw it for myself....like I said, I didn't have the final say so since edit space determines what makes it in. Heck, I'm surprised they didn't show a picture of me in the black S10 Blazer that almost rolled(It was never in any real danger).

Rick, I didn't catch any pictures of you Flying....no, skyrocketing into the sky right before you popped a bead from the hard landing. That was the picture I really wanted and would have probably been the best out of all the pictures. I was helping fix an issue on the S10 Blazer and my Bronco buddies take off to go play and I couldn't catch the Super Giant Mega Huck! I don't know how high you were (in the air) but everyone else said they wouldn't have even attempted the jump at the speed you hit it. It sounded like you had a legendary huck. If only I could have been there to capture it all.

I was really hoping that the tandem pics made it but unfortunately they didn't make the cut. I will say that Steve did get some crazy air a few times.

I'm truly sorry it didn't make it in but I'll be at the GFB Huckfest with you guys.....and I'll be covering it....Hint Hint....make sure your trucks are given the proper Tony Teflon Treatment for the weekend. And this time we can get multi Bronco Hucks.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

I seriously can't believe the tandem jumps didn't make it. I completely trashed a lower shock mount the day before but went ahead and played the next day simply because the cameras were rolling... sigh. I suppose I better fix the mount for Feb.

What about the video, Agui?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Agui-E7TE

Post by Agui-E7TE »

The guy that was filming, RJ (white Raptor) was just filming for fun...I haven't heard if they will make some sort of DVD or post it on the website or anything. I really hope they do because he captured some awesome footage. The other guys that were filming were doing it for the giveaway Jeep JK that they had out there.

If you guys want to come out to Barstow with a few of us the Tuesday after Christmas, I'm going to be shooting two features of some awesome trucks. We can call it the GFB Christmas Party in Barstow.
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

Agui-E7TE wrote:The guy that was filming, RJ (white Raptor) was just filming for fun...I haven't heard if they will make some sort of DVD or post it on the website or anything. I really hope they do because he captured some awesome footage. The other guys that were filming were doing it for the giveaway Jeep JK that they had out there.

If you guys want to come out to Barstow with a few of us the Tuesday after Christmas, I'm going to be shooting two features of some awesome trucks. We can call it the GFB Christmas Party in Barstow.

Count me out. I thrashed on my Bronco pretty hard trying to impress you guys and was really hoping for some cool, professionaly done, action shots but I'm not up to their standards so oh well.

Bazinga !!!

Just kidding guys. I may be out at California City for New Years but gotta work on the Tuesday after Christmas Augi. We'll see you in Febuary brother.