2013 Baja 1000

Races, meets, etc
User avatar
PaulW
Posts: 1599
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:56 am
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Post by PaulW »

Broncodawg wrote:Somebody stuck at home, and I feel for ya, track the 300 Bronco and Wilson's 803 and let's see how they match up if they'd started together. Best of luck to Wilson, Sykes and Steinberger for a good race too!
========
Heading from SF to Enseanda now. The Bronco will depart El Cajon later this AM.
See you all at contingency tomorrow.
Pictures will come from me tomorrow late. From Chris after the race is done?
PW
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Post by tcm glx »

Paul, will the stretch be in Ensenada, would love to see it first hand....
User avatar
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
Location: South O.C.
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Post by robertcrav »

Apparently this dude is planning to intentionally barrel roll a TT at the mil....
http://roadtrippers.kinja.com/watch-the ... 1462287422

Just in case a 1,000+ mile race through the desert wasn't insane enough, Adrian, "The Wildman," Cenni has decided to up the crazy level by attempting the first ever 360 degree barrel roll in front of a live audience at the 2013 Tecate Score Baja 1000. You can be part of the audience if you make it to Ensenada, Baja California at 4pm PST on November 14th.

For those of you unfamiliar with Adrian Cenni, he comes by his nickname honestly as a full-time competitor in the Traxxas TORC truck series, having raced in various other dirt series as well. Here are some mud-flinging pictures of him being, well, a wildman...

Need a tease? How about this video of the Wildman prepping for the big day...


Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Post by Rmc »

I was just stuffing my face at in-n-out n saw this I'm my rear view. Had to grab a shot of it for you guys, I love this time of year.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (224.45 KiB) Viewed 1347 times
toddz69
Posts: 551
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:52 am

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Post by toddz69 »

PaulW wrote:
Broncodawg wrote:Somebody stuck at home, and I feel for ya, track the 300 Bronco and Wilson's 803 and let's see how they match up if they'd started together. Best of luck to Wilson, Sykes and Steinberger for a good race too!
========
Heading from SF to Enseanda now. The Bronco will depart El Cajon later this AM.
See you all at contingency tomorrow.
Pictures will come from me tomorrow late. From Chris after the race is done?
PW
Got pics from Chris last night of the Bronco - it looks great!! Wish I could post them here but they're on my home computer and I'm in NV for the next 3 days :(.

Todd Z.
User avatar
PBR
Founder
Posts: 996
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Post by PBR »

I'm leaving tomorrow morning at o'dark from L.A.. I will be doing the entire Pacific side from El Crucero all the way to the finish. Chasing the Lucky Sperm 10 car.

Got to see pics of Chris and Glenn's new rig and let me tell you... UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!! By far the coolest truck I have seen in a very long time! Congrats to them and good luck in the race.

And to all my Baja Brothers adventuring south this year, SAFE TRAVELS!
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Have fun be safe guys. A 2nd year in a row of no 1k for me. Need to break this streak!
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Post by tcm glx »

PBR wrote:I'm leaving tomorrow morning at o'dark from L.A.. I will be doing the entire Pacific side from El Crucero all the way to the finish. Chasing the Lucky Sperm 10 car.

Got to see pics of Chris and Glenn's new rig and let me tell you... UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!! By far the coolest truck I have seen in a very long time! Congrats to them and good luck in the race.

And to all my Baja Brothers adventuring south this year, SAFE TRAVELS!

Ditto. Safe travels everyone.
User avatar
TrevorPiggott
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:16 pm
Bronco Info: 99 F250 and a 1994 I started building but spends too much time sitting untouched...
Location: Folsom,CA

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Post by TrevorPiggott »

Why is Chris entered as Class 8? Wondering why he is not in 3
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Made it safe and sound to Ensenada with the usual cast of characters. Good times for sure.

Chris
User avatar
PaulW
Posts: 1599
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:56 am
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Post by PaulW »

User avatar
PaulW
Posts: 1599
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:56 am
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Post by PaulW »

2 more pics
Attachments
PB140738.JPG
PB140738.JPG (80.23 KiB) Viewed 1276 times
PB140740.JPG
PB140740.JPG (79.16 KiB) Viewed 1276 times
User avatar
ESHALLBETTER
Posts: 1588
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Ran into a lot of the crew in contingency, saw Tom at HP ranch, and just talked to Chris at RM385. It was/is good putting faces to names! Its a gnarly course this year!
User avatar
Wrightracing.net
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: Common sense is not always so common

Post by Wrightracing.net »

I will not name, names but I got a call from someone in Baja on a Sat Phone and they were having a problem getting the race radio to work. It would not turn on. I asked then to check and make sure the rear plug was all the way in, check the fuse, check for voltage to the power plug and nothing was working. Finally the guys little girl was sitting in the driver seat while we were trouble shooting the issue and she pushed the power button on the radio face plate and it turned on right away. The guy thought if you turn on the intercom, it controlled the radio. So when I asked him if he had turned on the radio and he said yes, he meant he turned on the intercom. Good thing his wife is raising a smart kid. :-)
drewbee88
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:18 pm
Bronco Info: Rhonda the Bronco is her name, shredding dirt is her game.
Location: Modesto, CA

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Post by drewbee88 »

Wrightracing.net wrote:I will not name, names but I got a call from someone in Baja on a Sat Phone and they were having a problem getting the race radio to work. It would not turn on. I asked then to check and make sure the rear plug was all the way in, check the fuse, check for voltage to the power plug and nothing was working. Finally the guys little girl was sitting in the driver seat while we were trouble shooting the issue and she pushed the power button on the radio face plate and it turned on right away. The guy thought if you turn on the intercom, it controlled the radio. So when I asked him if he had turned on the radio and he said yes, he meant he turned on the intercom. Good thing his wife is raising a smart kid. :-)
Niice, so far my favorite quote of he day was when weatherman said" I cannot provide updates until our internet is back up, until we get more quarters for the machine" I was dying laughing at my office. Everyone gave me funny looks! If they only knew the awesomeness I was listening too! Viva Baja
User avatar
Wrightracing.net
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Post by Wrightracing.net »

You got to love internet café in mexico ha ha. So Bob is not in the plane this year? I have not listen to the race but I have been following facebook from Race Dezerts account. Also getting texts from friends down in San Felipe. The dust on Zoo road. Not fun.
toddz69
Posts: 551
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:52 am

Re: 2013 Baja 1000

Post by toddz69 »

Looks like the early Bronco from Texas retired at RM77 with mechanical issues and Chris's Bronco is out with ball joint and beam issues. Arrghhh..

Todd Z.
Post Reply