Baja Expeditions 2012

Races, meets, etc
guard
Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Bronco 5.8

Re: Baja Expeditions 2012

Post by guard »

Wonderful time...

First time I've really driven my Bronco fast for any period of time and I'm already an addict! I enjoyed worming my way closer to the front to push harder and catch air where I could. I also got to put some faces and real life names to all the screen names I've seen over the past year or so. This was a really good crew all around with friendly people, all of whom shared a passion for Baja and the love of off road performance vehicles (especially Fords). I would like to thank the organizers of the event (Tony, Tom, Chris) along with all the contributors who helped with various parts. Finally, thanks to the GFB website leadership for making all these connections possible. THANK YOU!!

On a side note, I've decided the Larsen antenna simply isn't effective enough to replace a roof antenna. Sadly I am going to cut a hole in my roof metal and follow suit with the rest of you. Apparently there's a good reason why everyone sticks the antenna on the roof... Also, I discovered my radio has four output/transmission settings. It defaults to 5 watts (the highest setting is 75 watts) which is why I wasn't transmitting worth $#!%. It pays to read the manual :oops: Anyway, the next trip I should be able to communicate more effectively. cheers!
D1cker1
Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior

1st Baja Run in My Croc

Post by D1cker1 »

Great times meeting the new faces with screen names

This Was my first Baja run In My Own Bronco. She did well as my Co-dog(greg aka Broncodawg) would say for a Stock bronco
I hated being at the back of the pack, which means once my suspension is in I will be at the front to push harder. I only saw the leaders when
we gathered.. LOL

The Organizers of this run (Chris,Tom, Tony)did a spectacular job making sure everyone was together if they were to get lost.

Bill V and Maddy provided a nice workshop on shocks.. Unfortunately i was quite tired and kept nodding, but i received the gist
of what he was trying to convey.

Things to Fix....
My Radio Lost Power at the End of the Run..
Door Latch broke as soon as i reached Toms House
Lots of Rattles
Squeaks from the front
Last edited by D1cker1 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Integrity, Money, Relevance
1amD1cker1@gmail.com
toddz69

Post by toddz69 »

Wow! What an awesome looking trip!

Rory - save the back seat in the Blazer for me! I don't think an EB could keep up with this fast crowd.

Todd Z.
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

What a great adventure! As usual Tony, Chris and Tom hosted on helluva good time.
Nikki and Amanda coudnt stop talking about how great and freindly everyone was.
On behalf of my crew and myself thanks to everyone for another trip we wont soon forget.
HUGE thanks to Bill and Maddy for the shock talk, very informative and that binder they handed out is priceless, huge THANK YOU to Mirage Racing. It was cool to meet some new faces of Autofab too, its nice to be able to put faces on the conversations you have over the phone.
Attachments
319442_10151051741133138_1704417897_n.jpg
319442_10151051741133138_1704417897_n.jpg (47.43 KiB) Viewed 1272 times
'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.

"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

BajaF250 wrote:Ok, it's time to admit the carnage! Who had technical problems???? As far as I know this list of damage and carnage (Philo started!):

BajaF250 - taco'd BRAND NEW beadlock wheel!
flyinbronco - fuel pump and fuel tank
Ryan G. - flat tire
Mattc - destroyed radiator shroud, ripped radiator and possible engine damage?
Darin - seized bike motor! New "Baja" name: Ceasar! All hail!
Philo -
philofab wrote:List of parts needing replacement or modification this weekend:
Hood hinge
Seat mount
Coil mount
37 Kevlar Goodyear
Radiator
AC liquid line
Many loose bolts
don't forget the battery mount

I think that's all I'm aware of... ok, time to fess up! What other carnage is out there?

Tony-Power Steering Pump whining much more than it used too, lost wheel weights on front wheel causing death wobble, Philo demonstrated how bad stock steering is for me, so upgrading to ambulance
Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Post by Agui-E7TE »

It's funny, the death wobble didn't phase me at all... been through it way too many times, haha! Maybe it's time for a saginaw pump swap and hydroboost upgrade, Tony?
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

I now have a pushed up rear bumper and dented gas tank. Not to mention I have new noises coming from interior panels that I never had before, lol.

Oh and thanks everyone for the kind words. So glad to hear everyone had a great time. 2014's run is going to be so kick @$$!

Chris
RyanDS650X

Post by RyanDS650X »

I guess I don't go fast enough...
Damage report: lost a headlight clip and some wheel weights.

"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
323bronco
Bronco Info: 1989 BRONCO TTB with 96 front clip

Post by 323bronco »

Hey ryan i got some gopro video of your bronco im trying to edit and post soon when you see it your gonna want to change your user name to BUCKN BRONCO !!!!
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

I wish we were heading back down there this weekend!! Sometimes you don't realize just how much fun you had until you get home.
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

yikes wrote:I wish we were heading back down there this weekend!! Sometimes you don't realize just how much fun you had until you get home.
Sure, rub it in...
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
RyanDS650X

Post by RyanDS650X »

323bronco wrote:Hey ryan i got some gopro video of your bronco im trying to edit and post soon when you see it your gonna want to change your user name to BUCKN BRONCO !!!!
Im sure it was in the deep whoops north of Shipwreck, i know we were bangin around through there for sure. I think we all were!
Lookin foreward to the vids.

-shockseals.com
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

Next year we should challenge the Raptor guys to a Mexico run....
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

philofab wrote:Next year we should challenge the Raptor guys to a Mexico run....
Let's do it!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Post by Agui-E7TE »

Hell yeah, Raptors vs. Broncos.. and F250s, old school dentsides.
D1cker1
Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior

Post by D1cker1 »

Agui-E7TE wrote:Hell yeah, Raptors vs. Broncos.. and F250s, old school dentsides.
That would be epic
Integrity, Money, Relevance
1amD1cker1@gmail.com
BajaF250
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250

Post by BajaF250 »

Wardy wrote:Been a while since I've been on GFB, I guess because i don't own a Bronco anymore but WOW, you guys are having some fun. Looking through the pic's, I saw this one....

Since most of you guys know I'm an old School guy, this truck really caught my eye. I'm guessing it's John's from Autofab? Is there any build pic's of it or detailed pic's? After seeing this thread I'm thinking about making my old school class 8 truck street legal so i would be able to do stuff like this. I think I might have to get special permission since it's a Chevy though :D . Looks like a great event, sorry I missed it, hopefully I can do the next one. Any plans on doing one in the states? Thanks again, Rory.

P.S. Not sure if anyone caught it but John even went OLD SCHOOL on the yellow "Mastercraft" sticker.....most likely mid to late 70's.....
Yup, Steve is right, it's the parts truck! Finally finished! And boy, does it look good, and it also works very well. Still needs a little tuning, but it's a very nice truck!

Good eye on the 70's master craft steeker! Those were produced for the NORRA 1000 two years ago... robbie passed them out.
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

yikes wrote:I can see a diagonal crack at the top of the splines.
Crap B, that sucks! Luckily it didn't depart while you were driving!
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

5thPinned wrote:Hey guys this is Taylor, Ryan's brother. I felt compelled to sign on and express my thanks and gratitude for yet again an amazing time. It was good to see some familiar faces, and meet some new ones. Hats off to the organizers! You guys really know how to throw a seamless party. My wife Nikki kept commenting on how friendly and helpful every one was. I expected nothing less out of this group.

So to keep it short and sweet, thank you all and we look forward to the next one. Maybe then my Silverado will be ready! ;)
Hey Taylor,
That is so cool you guys had a blast... thanks for introducing Amanda and Nikki to Mexicol, HPR and god forbid, the folks of the BajaHID expedition! They are awesome and we enjoyed meeting them as well as seeing both you and Ryan again!
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

RyanDS650X wrote:I guess I don't go fast enough...
Damage report: lost a headlight clip and some wheel weights.
Or drove smarter than us. Lol

5thPinned wrote:Hey guys this is Taylor, Ryan's brother. I felt compelled to sign on and express my thanks and gratitude for yet again an amazing time. It was good to see some familiar faces, and meet some new ones. Hats off to the organizers! You guys really know how to throw a seamless party. My wife Nikki kept commenting on how friendly and helpful every one was. I expected nothing less out of this group.

So to keep it short and sweet, thank you all and we look forward to the next one. Maybe then my Silverado will be ready! ;)

So are we on for the Mil!!?