2013 Baja HID run

Races, meets, etc
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by robertcrav »

Maybe
crisis88
Bronco Info: 94 fsb stock

Post by crisis88 »

Hey Tony. I have read in a few different places that if you run the Mohave trail with a large group that you have to get a permit. Maybe someone can confirm this for sure.

I imagine its just a formality and from what I understand its not that difficult to get.

Just a thought,

Jose
BajaF250
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250

Post by BajaF250 »

Silverslk wrote:Is there any good cause we can help with this trip (like the Baja trip does for El Oasis)? Thats one of the things I enjoy about the Baja trips.

IN!!!
Andy, we talked about this briefly... but I see no reason we can't still support El Oasis... it's a good cause and those kids can really use our support. I'm certain we can figure out how to get the goods down to them. I sort of feel like we'd be abandoning them if we didn't stick with them... just my 2 cents... We'll work something out and bring it up to the group...
BajaF250
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250

Post by BajaF250 »

crisis88 wrote:Hey Tony. I have read in a few different places that if you run the Mohave trail with a large group that you have to get a permit. Maybe someone can confirm this for sure.

I imagine its just a formality and from what I understand its not that difficult to get.

Just a thought,

Jose
Hey Jose,
I think you're right, I've heard the same thing. Since we'll be traversing through a National Preserve, essentially a National Park (with associated rules), they want to know when large groups are using the areas. I believe the permit is really more a notification process. I will absolutely take care of this... Great point.
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Tentative
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

crisis88 wrote:Hey Tony. I have read in a few different places that if you run the Mohave trail with a large group that you have to get a permit. Maybe someone can confirm this for sure.

Just a thought,

Jose
Gracias!!! Will check into it for sure Jose.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

So far........
Travis-Travisfab
Ryan-Ryands650X
Michael-Guard
Jose-Crisis88
Greg-Broncodawg
Cris-Philofab
Tony-Dicker1
Brian-Yikes
Jesse-323bronco
Augi-Augi-E7TE
Andy-Silverslk
>>>>-Csdrums ( I forgot your name man.. so sorry)

Tom, Chris, Tony

Maybes/tentative
Steve
Eric
Robert
Randy
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

If i remember correct its after 7 trucks but dont quote me. We looked into it last year.
Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Post by Agui-E7TE »

This is going to be a great trip for sure!

I've done it from Victorville to Primm and it's super fun. You can go from Victorville to Ludlow and get fuel there if needed and the Dairy Queen is really good there (although it's not like Tacos in Ojos Negros). There's some really fun rock canyon sections with plenty of room for power-slide action right before there. There's also cool lava flows through there. When we did it we did about 200 miles to Primm doing a bit of zigzagging and it took about a day and a half to complete. It also gets to about 20 degrees out there (water-bottle freezing temperatures are no joke) so make sure you pack accordingly.

Just a suggestion if you guys wanted to start it off a bit farther south on Stoddard Wells Road (the one farther north).
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

I'm in unless I'm broke at that time. U all rolling solo or with wives n kids?
crisis88
Bronco Info: 94 fsb stock

Post by crisis88 »

I will for sure be with the wife and girls.
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Rmc wrote:I'm in unless I'm broke at that time. U all rolling solo or with wives n kids?

RMC,

Families are always welcomed on the BajaHID Excursions so feel free to bring your family.

Chris
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Cool I'm in.
93Broncobuff
Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's

Post by 93Broncobuff »

im in for sure!!! il be bringin a plus one as well ;)
Kel Fab Creations
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco

Post by Kel Fab Creations »

I'd love to tag along on this trip and the bronco will actually be ready but unfortunately this clashes with my son's third birthday party. I've been wanting to do the Mojave trail for years.
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

Kel Fab Creations wrote:I'd love to tag along on this trip and the bronco will actually be ready but unfortunately this clashes with my son's third birthday party. I've been wanting to do the Mojave trail for years.
Let's do a bday party out on the trail.
Kel Fab Creations
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco

Post by Kel Fab Creations »

Haha. I'd be cool with that. Will take a few years to talk my wife into that though. Plus we'll have a one month old in October too.
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

tcm glx wrote:
ESHALLBETTER wrote:Baja is a pretty good jaunt, the only thing I have going for me is my bronco wouldn't be done anyway so it's no big deal. :lol:
Sup Eric

You up to flying out?

Side note. I'm almost ready to order my other mastercraft.
T
This place is awesome! Thanks for all the support in joining the trip! My wife and I have a few things going on this summer that make any sort of pre-planned commitments tough to make, but for sure keep me down as a maybe, and I will hopefully be able to know more later this summer!
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Hahaha. Heyyyy, that message was private. Lol. Anyways, say the word and we can make a seat available and find a way to fly you out.

Rod, where the hell are you??? Can't do this with out you! Logistics are easy too. Rental at the airport and your good to go!
greaslife
Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.

Post by greaslife »

Toney. I called BLM last year when planing this trip. They told me the only thing you need a permit for is camping at a designated and maintained BLM camp sight. BLM couldn't find anything for the number of vehicle in a group. They did suggest running grips of 4 and not a train out of curtsey for others on the trail. The BLM office you talk too would be in Barstow.
As of now I don't think I'm going but it could change.