GFB HuckFEAST/RC Madness!-Jan 18-20
-
300
- Posts: 647
- Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:44 pm
- Bronco Info: 1979 Class 3 Race Bronco. Built in 2000.
Re: GFB HuckFEAST/RC Madness!-Jan 18-20
The chances of some Moss crew making it out there has just jumped up to better than 50%. If so that would add 6, bringing the old travel trailer, probably arrive Saturday. We'll double up on the food mentioned to cover those that we are bringing and bring plenty of disposable plates and utensils to cover everyone. If there is anything else that would be useful, let me know. Will see what we can do for wood from this end. After being insanely cold all week, it is supposed to warm up a bit this weekend.
- flyinbronco
- HuckMASTER
- Posts: 840
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 am
Re: GFB HuckFEAST/RC Madness!-Jan 18-20
Wow what a cool suprise Don. Awesome.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
- Bondobob
- Posts: 504
- Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:41 am
- Bronco Info: 1987 XLT 5.0 in the family since new in May of 1987
- Location: Bakersfield CA
Re: GFB HuckFEAST/RC Madness!-Jan 18-20
Its going to be fun!
So how many people are planning on being there Friday?
So how many people are planning on being there Friday?
"And God bless the United States of America!"
Elwood Blues -1980
Elwood Blues -1980
- Tchajagos
- Posts: 2124
- Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 am
- Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs
- Location: Murrieta
Re: GFB HuckFEAST/RC Madness!-Jan 18-20
For anyone thinking about this trip but are unsure if their rigs capabilities, my bronco is stock with 33 BFG a/t tires and it didn't get stuck once and went up every hill and did every whoop the other guys did (just slightly slower because I had to be able to drive it home 200 miles). Also you have to have a whip flag to go out in the dunes. I picked up a very basic one last year at kartek for like $18 and I just got a really nice 9' firestik with the base that screws into a mount/nut for around $26 from 4wheelparts.
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: GFB HuckFEAST/RC Madness!-Jan 18-20
I'll be out for a bit on Friday.Bondobob wrote:Its going to be fun!
So how many people are planning on being there Friday?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: GFB HuckFEAST/RC Madness!-Jan 18-20
Kyle said he could take some whips out for a good price, too.Tchajagos wrote:For anyone thinking about this trip but are unsure if their rigs capabilities, my bronco is stock with 33 BFG a/t tires and it didn't get stuck once and went up every hill and did every whoop the other guys did (just slightly slower because I had to be able to drive it home 200 miles). Also you have to have a whip flag to go out in the dunes. I picked up a very basic one last year at kartek for like $18 and I just got a really nice 9' firestik with the base that screws into a mount/nut for around $26 from 4wheelparts.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
- flyinbronco
- HuckMASTER
- Posts: 840
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 am
Re: GFB HuckFEAST/RC Madness!-Jan 18-20
I won't be there until Saturday around 11ish
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: GFB HuckFEAST/RC Madness!-Jan 18-20
Should we meet somewhere for lunch?flyinbronco wrote:I won't be there until Saturday around 11ish
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: GFB HuckFEAST/RC Madness!-Jan 18-20
Good and bad news here guys - we're officially OUT!
Bummed for sure, but happy & now stressed at the same time... We FINALLY got a house offer accepted last night and the downfall is they want a VERY fast process on this. We have 10 CALENDAR days to do all due dilligence and get funding. That's 4 business days for my now pissed off mortgage broker to get us funded. Yay...
So while I'm on the road to LA for a job today I get to spend some time on the phone calling inspectors to set up a time for Saturday afternoon since that's as soon as the sellers can give us a few hours to leave the house and get this done
Anyway - I'm not really happy about missing this (and it looks like LeDuc as well as a yearly camping trip I go on with my dad & buddies) due to the house thing, but priorities are priorities I guess.
So I guess my craving for some damn good beans & good times in the sand won't be finally satisfied this weekend
Bummed for sure, but happy & now stressed at the same time... We FINALLY got a house offer accepted last night and the downfall is they want a VERY fast process on this. We have 10 CALENDAR days to do all due dilligence and get funding. That's 4 business days for my now pissed off mortgage broker to get us funded. Yay...
So while I'm on the road to LA for a job today I get to spend some time on the phone calling inspectors to set up a time for Saturday afternoon since that's as soon as the sellers can give us a few hours to leave the house and get this done
Anyway - I'm not really happy about missing this (and it looks like LeDuc as well as a yearly camping trip I go on with my dad & buddies) due to the house thing, but priorities are priorities I guess.
So I guess my craving for some damn good beans & good times in the sand won't be finally satisfied this weekend
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- robertcrav
- Let me google that for you
- Posts: 4313
- Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
- Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
- Location: South O.C.
- Contact:
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: GFB HuckFEAST/RC Madness!-Jan 18-20
Thanks Robert. No no where NEAR final on this yet & lots can go wrong from here on out. It's finally a start though. I just plan to be really stressed for the next 40 days or so...
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: GFB HuckFEAST/RC Madness!-Jan 18-20
Congrats, Steve & good luck. I'm a big fan of fast escrow.
Loaded and ready to go... mostly.
Loaded and ready to go... mostly.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: GFB HuckFEAST/RC Madness!-Jan 18-20
looking good! Wish I was able to go!!!!!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: GFB HuckFEAST/RC Madness!-Jan 18-20
Alright Steve!! Ill make it one of these years!!!!
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: GFB HuckFEAST/RC Madness!-Jan 18-20
It's been freezing ass cold here for a while now. Today... mid 70's & it's supposed to be about the same for a few days.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: GFB HuckFEAST/RC Madness!-Jan 18-20
yeah I heard it was 75 up there yesterday. Gonna be freakin perfect!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- Bondobob
- Posts: 504
- Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:41 am
- Bronco Info: 1987 XLT 5.0 in the family since new in May of 1987
- Location: Bakersfield CA
Re: GFB HuckFEAST/RC Madness!-Jan 18-20
Ok got a spot between mile marker 4-5 by entrance to sand highway.
"And God bless the United States of America!"
Elwood Blues -1980
Elwood Blues -1980
- Bondobob
- Posts: 504
- Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:41 am
- Bronco Info: 1987 XLT 5.0 in the family since new in May of 1987
- Location: Bakersfield CA
Re: GFB HuckFEAST/RC Madness!-Jan 18-20
Ok here's another sunset shot
"And God bless the United States of America!"
Elwood Blues -1980
Elwood Blues -1980
Re: GFB HuckFEAST/RC Madness!-Jan 18-20
I can't wait to get there! See you guys tomorrow. Hopefully it's not that late.
Jose
Jose
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: GFB HuckFEAST/RC Madness!-Jan 18-20
Sigh...
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
