Baja Norte March 7-9 Bikes and Broncos

Races, meets, etc
bajabuck
Bronco Info: 87 Bronco with some Autofab parts held on with bailing wire and duct tape

Baja Norte March 7-9 Bikes and Broncos

Post by bajabuck »

Rob (bodypanel) and I are planning a Baja trip for the second weekend in March. We are crossing the border at Tecate early on Friday morning and heading to San Felipe via La Rumorosa. Day 2 will be San Felipe to Mike's. Day 3 will be Mike's back to Tecate. I would like to get the reservations at Mikes locked in ASAP because that is kind of the pivot point of the trip. If they are booked we will have to consider making Mike's the Friday night stop or re-routing altogether. Reservations in San Felipe are easy. I will be on my bike and have a few other riding buddies going. Rob will be in his truck. Let us know if you are interested and we will keep posting info as the plans develop.
Quailhunter
Bronco Info: 74 F100 Stepside 408 sbf complete Autofab truck 74 F-250 Supercab Shortbed

Re: Baja Norte March 7-9 Bikes and Broncos

Post by Quailhunter »

This sounds like my kind of trip! The first day sounds like the longest and I may need fuel?? I have I 250 mile range, just thinkin. I also think I would trailer to Tacate , my friend has a ranch that's safe to keep a truck and trailer.
D1cker1
Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior

Post by D1cker1 »

IF i get my bike rebuilt I will be on bike.
bajabuck
Bronco Info: 87 Bronco with some Autofab parts held on with bailing wire and duct tape

Post by bajabuck »

Hey Rob,

I was going to hit you up for info on your buddy's ranch. I would like another crack at that monster jump! We can stage at Santa Veronica. The first day looks to be about 175 miles in the dirt. I believe we can get gas in La Rumorosa before we hit the dirt but I have not been on the route so let me know what you think. Working out the details for fuel for the bikes so I don't think you will have any problems. Hope you can make it.

Buck
bajabuck

Post by bajabuck »

D1cker1 wrote:IF i get my bike rebuilt I will be on bike.
That would be great if you can make it Dicker. Let us know.
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

I'm going to try to make this one.
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

There is a gas station in La Rumorosa. It is still a long ways to SF for fuel. Something like 135 miles if you cut across the bottom of the lake bed an hit the highway. If you take race course south to Borrego, it will be more.
Once A Ford
Bronco Info: Still in the wishing-for-a-Bronco stage. 'Til then, I adventure in an '11 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X .

Post by Once A Ford »

I'll be living vicariously through y'all from the frozen cornfields of Iowa, but plan on being back for the NORRA Mex 1000!

Have blast!

...By the way, anybody need any corn???? :?
bajabuck

Post by bajabuck »

BDKW1 wrote:There is a gas station in La Rumorosa. It is still a long ways to SF for fuel. Something like 135 miles if you cut across the bottom of the lake bed an hit the highway. If you take race course south to Borrego, it will be more.

Thanks for info Brian, much appreciated as I have not run this route.

There is a rumor going around that a select mystery guest may run support and meet us with gas on the lake bed. Totally unconfirmed at this time....

If that does not happen some of the trucks might find that they are not getting their usual MPG.... ha ha
bajabuck

Post by bajabuck »

yikes wrote:I'm going to try to make this one.
It would be fantastic if you can make it Brian!

I was thinking of staying at Costa Azul in SF. Anybody have any input on a place where we can secure the bikes or put them in the rooms? Normally I stay at a buddy's place in SF so not sure on the best hotels security wise.
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Buck,

Going to try to get in on this action but just sent the Bronco in for some work. May be there for a while but definitely going to try. Looks like it will be a blast!

Chris
bajabuck

Post by bajabuck »

BajaBronco13 wrote:Buck,

Going to try to get in on this action but just sent the Bronco in for some work. May be there for a while but definitely going to try. Looks like it will be a blast!

Chris
Awesome Chris! Hope your Bronco gets done. See you at KOH?

I'm going to call Mike Tues or Weds just to make sure they don't have any big groups coming in and then we can start booking rooms.
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

bajabuck wrote:Anybody have any input on a place where we can secure the bikes or put them in the rooms?
When biking it I usually stay at the Chappal. It's one street back from the Melicon and pretty central in town. Get a ground floor room and roll the bikes in.

El Capitan is on the same road a little farther south, a little nicer and has a pool. May bitch about bikes in room........
HotRod82
Bronco Info: 99 Explorer -Dixon Front, Giant 64 rear.

Post by HotRod82 »

I'm in, either on my bike or riding shotgun in a buggy. Buck are you handling the reservations at Mike's for the group or are we on our own? If you are put me down for a room with 2 beds.

Anyone else have advice on the best hotel security wise? Depending on group size, we could rent a house or condo.....thoughts?
bajabuck

Post by bajabuck »

HotRod82 wrote:I'm in, either on my bike or riding shotgun in a buggy. Buck are you handling the reservations at Mike's for the group or are we on our own? If you are put me down for a room with 2 beds.
Anyone else have advice on the best hotel security wise? Depending on group size, we could rent a house or condo.....thoughts?
Cool Rodney! What I plan to do is check on availability at Mike's and ask to reserve 3 or 4 rooms depending on how many people commit. Putting you down for 1 room 2 beds. I realize getting a room at Mike's is generally not an issue but with a group there are just not any options in area if for some freak reason we don't get rooms. Lots of options in San Felipe. I intend to pick a hotel and let everybody know where I'm staying. That way if somebody has a better deal they can make their own arrangements. With that said, if some people want to get a house that's all good. Let's see how the size of the group develops and we can determine what accommodations would best suit us.
The fo sho list as of now:
Buck- moto
Darin- moto
Rob- truck
Rodney- moto (or plus 1 in buggy)
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Buck, I'm sad to say I'm traveling for work these days and can't commit.

If you guys choose to do a house in San Felo, chris and I have rented one a few times thr is very secure, with enclosed garage and everything. If be happy to dig up the link for you guys.
bajabuck

Post by bajabuck »

Too bad you can't make it Tony. I hate it when work gets in the way of fun. Please post or send your rental contact info. Thank you.
DaleMcCue
Bronco Info: 67 early bronco

Post by DaleMcCue »

Hey Buck,
Dale McCue here, I don't know if you remember me but I was the one with the old 67 bronco when we did the mojave trail in oct. By the way we had a great time and thanks to everybody for making that happen.
The Baja Norte sounds like it will be a awesome trip and would like to join your group if ther is still room.
This time I will be on a bike and i have experience riding south of the border. Please consider me for the Bikes and Broncos run.
If you have any questions please let me know.
bajabuck

Post by bajabuck »

DaleMcCue wrote:Hey Buck,
Dale McCue here, I don't know if you remember me but I was the one with the old 67 bronco when we did the mojave trail in oct. By the way we had a great time and thanks to everybody for making that happen.
The Baja Norte sounds like it will be a awesome trip and would like to join your group if ther is still room.
This time I will be on a bike and i have experience riding south of the border. Please consider me for the Bikes and Broncos run.
If you have any questions please let me know.
How could I forget the fastest bobtail on the planet! Good to hear from you Dale. Consider yourself in. No cap on this run. Ok we will cap it at 100 bikes. We have like 4 now so I think we will be ok.

I will look forward to seeing you in Baja!
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Alright Buck, if Dale's in he's going to need me to haul the bike, so I suppose I better commit. In!!