Huckfest, anyone going?

Races, meets, etc
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Re: Huckfest, anyone going?

Post by 1Hondalover »

More cool pictures.....BJ ripping a bowl:
IMG_2885 (Medium).JPG
IMG_2885 (Medium).JPG (60.73 KiB) Viewed 916 times
Really nice to be this close but realize it's not possible with a few thousand others.
IMG_2886 (Medium).JPG
IMG_2886 (Medium).JPG (61.28 KiB) Viewed 916 times
IMG_2887 (Medium).JPG
IMG_2887 (Medium).JPG (112.57 KiB) Viewed 916 times
IMG_2866 (Medium).JPG
IMG_2866 (Medium).JPG (99.9 KiB) Viewed 916 times
A really nice ending to the show and the weekend.
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

Of course we couldn't resist this bad ass Ford throwing roost from the drag paddles like they were 31's:
IMG_2852 (Medium).JPG
IMG_2852 (Medium).JPG (124.74 KiB) Viewed 914 times
IMG_2854 (Medium).JPG
IMG_2854 (Medium).JPG (156.89 KiB) Viewed 914 times
The thing had to have better than 800 horsepower. BJ finally had enough and hooked it to the beach on his way back to camp. The crowd thinned quickly and we made our way to Steve's test track where I stretched the links a bit. We'll go back there and like to run it hard with solid parts and better air in the tires! Paige and I pulled to the edge of the wet sand not too far from Huckcamp, and sat on the tailgate for lunch with sandwiches and our beverage.

How nice it was to relax and watch the uneventful departure of most of the rest of the beach. We waved to many and took the thumbs up from those who said a Bronco was just flat right on. Eventually we too headed out, put the Bronco back on the trailer and listened to the outbound traffic die to silence. Sunday night was quite the snooze following a walk to dinner at Old Juan's.

Thanks again to Steve, Bob & Brandon. I'm sorry we missed the others, but hope to join the January 2014 GFB gathering back in Pismo.

If all goes well in surgery we may see you in October!
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

That a great write up! Looks like a blast. Someone was a fan of your Bronco out there aswell, you are officially Facebook Famous haha.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1377722196106.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1377722196106.jpg (52.24 KiB) Viewed 896 times
Travisfab
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Post by Travisfab »

I had a good time out there, but I was really missing my Bronco, a stock 4x4 truck just doesnt do it for me any more!
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

BJ Footage

robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Check out Augi's article!!! Go Augi!

http://www.fourwheeler.com/events/1308- ... the-dunes/

Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Well done!
Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Post by Agui-E7TE »

Hey, no scaring people with large photos of me, haha!

Thanks for the plug!
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Post by Agui-E7TE »

Maybe he was looking out for the F'n quad rider (he was probably just inexperienced and scared). I know I lack the stones to ride through a bowl, especially in an underpowered heavyweight Bronco.

I almost nailed a quad rider at Hucfest who decided it was smart to go head on with my Bronco. Seriously, who rides wide open towards a group of trucks clearly driving towards the Huckfest jump at a slower pace?

I'm always cautious around them and look out for them because usually they're either inexperienced teens or irresponsible adults. In this case this guy could have ended up eating some tailgate.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Tchajagos wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsoH3vDCVkg&sns=em
Do you even know how to sand?
Nope! Aren't you confusing Huckfest with HuckFEAST?
Agui-E7TE wrote:Maybe he was looking out for the F'n quad rider (he was probably just inexperienced and scared). I know I lack the stones to ride through a bowl, especially in an underpowered heavyweight Bronco.
I very vaguely remember that? I just might have been looking for him. I knew I slowed a ton hitting that at the bottom and figured the quad didn't, so coming out of it... "where the heck did he go?"

Broncos are a lot better in bowls than I ever imagined. Really, though, it was boring. Another several hundred horsepower would have made for some good times.

Agui-E7TE wrote:I almost nailed a quad rider at Hucfest who decided it was smart to go head on with my Bronco. Seriously, who rides wide open towards a group of trucks clearly driving towards the Huckfest jump at a slower pace?

I'm always cautious around them and look out for them because usually they're either inexperienced teens or irresponsible adults. In this case this guy could have ended up eating some tailgate.
I've been in a truck that got hit by a dirtbike... those guys go trucking through the dunes and pop up out of holes in a split second. All we could do was watch it happen. Luckily, no one and nothing was hurt.
Agui-E7TE

Post by Agui-E7TE »

I didn't realize that was you Steve. Last time I saw you carve a bowl you looked like you didn't have any fear of it. Ypu were in the '84 though. You and Rick kept hitting it at a good speed and then a sand rail hit it and tore off the front end.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Agui-E7TE wrote:I didn't realize that was you Steve. Last time I saw you carve a bowl you looked like you didn't have any fear of it. Ypu were in the '84 though. You and Rick kept hitting it at a good speed and then a sand rail hit it and tore off the front end.
Rick and I were on fire that weekend. I drove the piss out of the Bronco and enjoyed every minute of it. And that was with the 2 barrel carburetor... would have been a lot more fun with the current EFI system.

Nice article Agui. Too bad we didn't meet up.

I have plans in the works to bring the GFB crowd together next year for Huckfest... will post details later.
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

That video wasn't really you, was it Steve? It was just a random video I saw on YouTube.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Tchajagos wrote:That video wasn't really you, was it Steve? It was just a random video I saw on YouTube.
Hahaha! It turns out I'm full of shit! No,not me but it sure looks like me. Everything from the paint to the way it was sliding down the dune. The stuff at the end, not usually, buy sometimes!
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

robertcrav wrote:Check out Augi's article!!! Go Augi!

http://www.fourwheeler.com/events/1308- ... the-dunes/

Great article Augi!! Love the way you wrote this up... super cool!
Agui-E7TE

Post by Agui-E7TE »

Thanks Tony! Huckfest was pretty awesome for me, even though I was stuck in traffic for at least over an hour and didn't do much driving in the sand.