GoFastBroncos Pismo/Oceano Dunes Trip! Feb 3-5, 2012

Races, meets, etc
PBR
Founder

Re: GoFastBroncos Pismo/Oceano Dunes Trip! Feb 3-5, 2012

Post by PBR »

i will bring a dessert and a side like mac salad or pasta salad, basically whatever i can buy since i don't cook!
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

I'll be packing in as much firewood as I can.

And yes Steve, if you wanna play you better come better prepared than just a new wiper blade. You still have a little time.

Put the RC cars away its time to man up and play with the big boy trucks. You showed you can do it last time we got together with your let er' rip attitude and I expect nothing but 100 percent out of you. Heck I think your ranked as the number one competitor last time I checked unless Carmin is driving Brian's rig that is. Especially now that Tom and Philo are out.

On second thought forget it. Just run it and if you break I'll haul you home on the trailer. I like being the king. Carmin can be the queen. We'll just have two divisions.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

flyinbronco wrote:Put the RC cars away its time to man up and play with the big boy trucks.
Too good not to repeat (and add to the sig!).

I'm like Ollie - I don't cook so I'm trying to think of something I can bring. Also trying to convince the girl to make cookies but I doubt it will work. I brought cesar salad last time and that went over ok. I can bring it again if wanted.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Somebody get Rick a wife and a few kids. He's saying words that cost me lots of money and down time. Carmen is ready to rock though! She says you guys are a bunch of p...anzies. Or was that pinche pend....panzies? Ahh! I don't remember, but just be ready to relinquish the crown to a girl.
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

GoFastBroncos Pismo/Oceano Dunes Trip! Feb 3-5, 2012

Post by Tchajagos »

If anyone has an extra trailer they would let me borrow/rent it would be appreciated :) trying to decide if I want to drive the bronco up there or tow it.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

flyinbronco wrote:On second thought forget it. Just run it and if you break I'll haul you home on the trailer. I like being the king.
Is anyone else having Deja Vu? I swear we've already settled this. Maybe someone else can help refresh my memory... how'd I trash that shock mount anyway? I seem to remember trampling some sort of royalty in the not too distant past. He may or may not have been wearing a crown. It was really tough to tell from such a high altitude.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

yikes wrote:Somebody get Rick a wife and a few kids. He's saying words that cost me lots of money and down time. Carmen is ready to rock though! She says you guys are a bunch of p...anzies. Or was that pinche pend....panzies? Ahh! I don't remember, but just be ready to relinquish the crown to a girl.
Didn't you read my earlier proclamation. "We will hence forth have two crowns. One for the girls and one for the boys".

SteveG wrote:
flyinbronco wrote:On second thought forget it. Just run it and if you break I'll haul you home on the trailer. I like being the king.
Is anyone else having Deja Vu? I swear we've already settled this. Maybe someone else can help refresh my memory... how'd I trash that shock mount anyway? I seem to remember trampling some sort of royalty in the not too distant past. He may or may not have been wearing a crown. It was really tough to tell from such a high altitude.
You settled nothing. We were hoping for some pictures from the heavy metal weekend to show the winner but there was no clear photographic evidence that any of your jumps were higher or longer than mine. Just fix the shock mount and we'll settle this once and for all.
Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Post by Agui-E7TE »

It looks like I'm gonna have to school all of you with my CJ7.. well, if it doesn't break. (Its looking like the GMC may be left at home for this trip.
billy1911

Post by billy1911 »

We are going to go home Saturday night, That's the plan for now.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

FYI: I just found out that a standard gas can (non CA compliant type) will get you a $50 ticket on the beach.... bullsh$%! I was bringing my gas can out for the generator and just to have some extra fuel... glad I heard about this before I got a ticket.

Discuss here: http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... f=5&t=2992

On a lighter note, make sure you have a whip for your truck or bike that will be used in the dunes. You can pick one up on the beach or on your way through town at one of the many stores that sell them.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

Antenna with dinner napkin...er um, flag on the roof still ok Steve?
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

yikes wrote:Antenna with dinner napkin...er um, flag on the roof still ok Steve?
As far as I know.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

(Try again in correct thread) I am so bummed out I will miss this trip. I was hoping to in USA by now but I've been screwed again. :(
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

AusBroncodoc wrote:(Try again in correct thread) I am so bummed out I will miss this trip. I was hoping to in USA by now but I've been screwed again. :(

Well miss you Rod. I hope this means you'll still be making the Baja trip in August.
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Post by Broncodawg »

Have a blast on the beach boys and how about combining the two hucking associations into one so there can be a single crown. Right now we have the "OJ Bronco huckmasters Assoc" crown and the "Bricks can fly Bronco Assoc" crown. You guys sit down over some bbq and cocktails and merge the two into one otherwise the television and sponsorship money will be spread too thin! haha!
Don't schedule during KOH next year and I'll try and make it. Have a blast!
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

It's Friday! For me. Woohoooo! Might take a look at the Bronco tomorrow...see if it still runs and stuff. If so, then it's on!
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

yikes wrote:It's Friday! For me. Woohoooo! Might take a look at the Bronco tomorrow...see if it still runs and stuff. If so, then it's on!
Yeah, well, it's Wednesday for me! Why the heck aren't you joining the festivities on Friday if you're off? Pussy! You afraid an extra afternoon on the beach will send the Yikes-mobile to the grave?

The "King" says to bring my A-game... so it shall be! I dug through our scrap pile at work and found a handful steel that should make my shock mount repair a piece of cake. I figure some combination of two or three of these should do the trick!

To all you wanna be royalty, the Bronco says (in it's best Asian voice, "You wanna f#$% on me!?
Attachments
IMAG0445-1 (640x383).jpg
IMAG0445-1 (640x383).jpg (204.31 KiB) Viewed 691 times
Sho nuff,
SteveG
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

Please only clean enough rust off to weld it...

Ugly stuff never breaks.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

philofab wrote:Please only clean enough rust off to weld it...

Ugly stuff never breaks.
I hope not. 'Cause I don't feel like fixing it right!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

SteveG wrote:Why the heck aren't you joining the festivities on Friday if you're off? Pussy! You afraid an extra afternoon on the beach will send the Yikes-mobile to the grave?
Short answer? YES! Last year I managed to break the thing before the family got there. This year I want to be able to blame them. Haha! Actually, I couldn't convince the kids to miss a day of school. Can you believe that? What's this world coming to when kids would rather get perfect attendance than go have fun in the sand?