Yeah, we almost got it going... I was just too slow to get on after you posted... my fault!Silverslk wrote:Tom, I was rolling, reading that whole thing!!!! Thats great!!!
BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
- BajaF250
- Posts: 2430
- Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
- Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Contact:
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
- Silverslk
- Posts: 1932
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
- Location: Garden Grove, CA
- Contact:
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
Man, they are quick to defend you and ditch me, aren't they?BajaF250 wrote:Yeah, we almost got it going... I was just too slow to get on after you posted... my fault!Silverslk wrote:Tom, I was rolling, reading that whole thing!!!! Thats great!!!![]()
It was fun though...
Still a great photo. And for those of you who didn't know, that is untouched. It was almost like it was meant to hide Tom's good deed.
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
Jackie, its a pleasure to help out getting you back on the trail. With Ricks assortment of bolts, nuts etc and some quick thinking, we ALL got the Jeep mobile and back in the game. We band of off-road brothers will never allow one of us to fall by the wayside, everyone makes it homejackiegleeson wrote:Ladies and Gents - Thank you all very much for allowing me to come along for the experience! Absolutely awesome trip with some of the best folks around. What an introduction to off-roading...y'all let me drag the little orange Jeep along and I just simply didn't stop learning and smiling the entire weekend...could NEVER dream up a better first time off-road experience or group to learn from and share a trip!
Thanks for the AWESOME photos too!
Please let me personally thank Tom and Julie - for all the time spent allowing me to work on the Jeep and teaching me how to not just quit while fixing the last guy's "good handiwork." Blame Tom for the Jeep...he drove me to Utah to get it...blame Julie for enabling Tom's off-road habit and finally, blame Tom for being the "Baja Crack Dealer" that he is..."first taste is free...then you're mine..."
I need to thank Buck and Bill and Maddie for hauling me all the way back up the CTT and not simply running away while I crawled back slowly to HSV.
Thank you so much to Rick, Rod and everyone who didn't panic and pitched in to put the crossmember back together...and for Cody cheering us on when it was fixed.
Simply a wonderful time. Thank you all.
Finally and sadly, no way I'll make an April trip...we'll be back to sea supporting the troops in Afghanland supporting from the sea and from the skies...
Now where do I go get a real size truck?????
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
That was awesome Tom! Perhaps the mint cream machine should be renamed Excaliber.
- BajaF250
- Posts: 2430
- Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
- Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Contact:
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
Hey Brian,yikes wrote:That was awesome Tom! Perhaps the mint cream machine should be renamed Excaliber.
And Jules, Guenièvre!!!
It's also a lot better than "Peppermint Patty!"
- BajaF250
- Posts: 2430
- Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
- Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Contact:
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
Boy, you're not kidding!Silverslk wrote:Man, they are quick to defend you and ditch me, aren't they?![]()
- RyanDS650X
- Posts: 1868
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
- Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
- Location: Mesa, AZ
- Contact:
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
Greeting from sonny Lake Tahoe! Yes, my brother and I made our flight with only 2 hours to spare...... 825 flight on sunday morning and we rolled into the house just before 6am. Thats right, only and hour and a half before we had to turn around and go to the airport! We had some trans over heating issues once we got through the Yuma immigration check point and chased the problem down to either a bad relay on the fan or the thermostat. I had to go around the thermostat and relay and wire directly to hot to keep the fan running on the B&M trans cooler and keep us rolling, hopefully nothing worse develops from the issue. Id do it all over again to have such a great time as we had on this Baja trip with all you guys, you really are a top notch group and id hit the trail again with any of you! Well its 8 am and i gotta get to the marina for a day on the water, ill get my pics up when i get home. Thanks for the awesome adventure, cant wait for the next one!
'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.
"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
-
Craig
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 3:27 am
- Bronco Info: No Bronco. Drive a 85 Dodge Prospector
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
tHANS Y'ALL for one hell of a time. I am hooked on baja and broncos...Own a 85 Dodge Prospcctgor pU but dont hold it against me. I wnat to make another run if my time and sdhedule permits me. Nick, keep me informend.
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
Wow what a hell of a trip gents and ladies. Baja was just an awesome time. I have been down there a million times with family members and friends since I was knee high and I can honestly say that I don't think I've had a better time then this BajaHID Excursion run. It was just an absolute blast. Best of all what really made the trip was the people. Each and everyone of you made this an outstanding event. Heck when Tony, Tom and I sat down for our first meeting to discuss our game plan for this run at Denny's in Laguna Hills that lasted over 4 hours (yes we ate and also drank a lot of coffee and ice tea) we had no idea we would end up with a Baja outing like this. All I can say is thank you to everyone and I can't wait for us to do it all over again.
P.S. I keep coming back to this thread and going through the pictures and reliving this run all over again, ha ha ha. I'm sure you are doing the same.
Chris
P.S. I keep coming back to this thread and going through the pictures and reliving this run all over again, ha ha ha. I'm sure you are doing the same.
Chris
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
Yeah, you're not alone there Chris. Nick and I were commenting about the same thing yesterday. Ready for more! Planning my events as the Mil in November, GFB Huckfest in Jan, BajaHID Excursion in April, 500 in Jun...then repeat. If that's all I can swing every year, I'll still be a happy guy.BajaBronco13 wrote:P.S. I keep coming back to this thread and going through the pictures and reliving this run all over again, ha ha ha. I'm sure you are doing the same.
Chris
- BajaF250
- Posts: 2430
- Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
- Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Contact:
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
Hey Ryan,RyanDS650X wrote:Greeting from sonny Lake Tahoe! Yes, my brother and I made our flight with only 2 hours to spare...... 825 flight on sunday morning and we rolled into the house just before 6am. Thats right, only and hour and a half before we had to turn around and go to the airport! We had some trans over heating issues once we got through the Yuma immigration check point and chased the problem down to either a bad relay on the fan or the thermostat. I had to go around the thermostatx and relay and wire directly to hot to keep the fan running on the B&M trans cooler and keep us rolling, hopefully nothing worse develops from the issue. Id do it all over again to have such a great time as we had on this Baja trip with all you guys, you really are a top notch group and id hit the trail again with any of you! Well its 8 am and i gotta get to the marina for a day on the water, ill get my pics up when i get home. Thanks for the awesome adventure, cant wait for the next one!
Glad you made your flight... pretty close though! Wow! Good to finally meet you and Taylor... we sure had a good time with you guys. Hope you guys can make the next one...
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
Craig!! Here's the min video i got. Wish it was more, but crank up the speakers. You can here it coming from a couple turns back.
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
Already put in my request to ride along with T for the next trip.
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
That's F'n awesome Zach!! Would love to get you out here.Drilim wrote:Already put in my request to ride along with T for the next trip.
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
yikes wrote:That's F'n awesome Zach!! Would love to get you out here.Drilim wrote:Already put in my request to ride along with T for the next trip.
Hell yeah it is!! Zach is co-dawging with me!
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
Count me in!! Set the date and ill buy the ticket immediately.
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
I will tentatively say yes, but will depend on my workload then. Damn you guys!!!!!, One taste and I am hooked!tcm glx wrote:Yup, thinking Compadre trail to HP on Friday, then HWY south to the Shipwreck, then north on the coast......ChaseTruck754 wrote:Pacific coast run again!?!?!?
what do you all say for April?
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
If you fly down, you can be my co-dawgbajascott wrote:cant say for sure...but i will try like hell drive down in april(if thats when it will be)or i'll catch a flight and ride in the trunk.there anyway...haha
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
I have to give a big thank you to Tom and Jules for letting me stay with them a few extra days, while I fixed the trans problem and hunted down all the people I wanted to meet. You guys are the greatest! You made me feel so welcome, and the atmosphere in your home is wonderful.

- mrmatt
- Posts: 161
- Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:49 am
- Bronco Info: I don't have a bronco but all of my chase crew does
- Location: garden grove,ca
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
As it has already been said....this trip was AWESOME!! I just want to thank Tony, Chris, Tom for all the work and all the great people who made this an EPIC trip! Thanks to Steve for being a great co-dawg and showing me that tacos in Orange County are terrible. And thanks to andy and Lily for Las Chispas tacos...that place was awesome!!
Great pics everyone!
Great pics everyone!
make sure to visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kaveman-M ... 4672679441
