BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath

Races, meets, etc
Craig
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 3:27 am
Bronco Info: No Bronco. Drive a 85 Dodge Prospector

Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath

Post by Craig »

BTW Brian B: I did get a pic of ya getting air..........Me and Augie got to compare pix...............
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I just want to say thank you all again for making this trip so enjoyable for Carly and myself. This was the first time I've ever been to Mexico and the first time big red has seen some real good dirt. Needless to say, the shocks probably have never gotten that warm. Thank you all for working so hard to help me with my glitches. I promise that come the next trip we will be much more prepared. Carly is just as hooked as I am and can't wait for the next excursion! I never had so much fun before with such an amazing group of people. I didn't think I could feel so welcome before.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
yikes
Founder
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath

Post by yikes »

Craig wrote: You got some great pics! But no vid in the Trhphy trk.................still loading...............
HA! I've got a short clip I'll put together tonight.
User avatar
Agui-E7TE
Posts: 1483
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:50 am
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath

Post by Agui-E7TE »

I'm in for the next one! I might even pony up and take my '79 Bronco and hopefully keep up with you guys.
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath

Post by Nick »

In for the next one!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
User avatar
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Posts: 2006
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
Location: southern oregon
Contact:

Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath

Post by bajascott »

cant say for sure...but i will try like hell drive down in april(if thats when it will be)or i'll catch a flight and ride in the trunk.there anyway...haha
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath

Post by tcm glx »

Looking at dates guys, thinkin 5 de Mayor weekend!!
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath

Post by Nick »

I'm tellin you right now though, i'm stopping at the Pirate for tacos! I don't care what you guys say!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
User avatar
yikes
Founder
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath

Post by yikes »

Craig wrote:BTW Brian B: I did get a pic of ya getting air..........Me and Augie got to compare pix...............
Well, come on Craig! Let's see it!



So, my wife just confessed to two things. First, she was planning to leave me stranded out there, but then realized she didn't know where she was going. Second, she says that jump was nothing compared to what she used to do in Reno whenever she would take the Bronco. Haha! She says jumping doesn't scare her one bit, unless there's kids around. Next time expect some big air!
User avatar
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 am

Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath

Post by flyinbronco »

tcm glx wrote:
ChaseTruck754 wrote:Pacific coast run again!?!?!?
Yup, thinking Compadre trail to HP on Friday, then HWY south to the Shipwreck, then north on the coast......

what do you all say for April?
That should work for me.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
jackiegleeson
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:44 pm
Bronco Info: 1973 Jeep CJ5 Ugly Orange...and it runs only on Tom Webber's kindness and tutelage

Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath

Post by jackiegleeson »

:mrgreen: Ladies and Gents - Thank you all very much for allowing me to come along for the experience! Absolutely awesome trip with some of the best folks around. What an introduction to off-roading...y'all let me drag the little orange Jeep along and I just simply didn't stop learning and smiling the entire weekend...could NEVER dream up a better first time off-road experience or group to learn from and share a trip!

Thanks for the AWESOME photos too!

Please let me personally thank Tom and Julie - for all the time spent allowing me to work on the Jeep and teaching me how to not just quit while fixing the last guy's "good handiwork." Blame Tom for the Jeep...he drove me to Utah to get it...blame Julie for enabling Tom's off-road habit and finally, blame Tom for being the "Baja Crack Dealer" that he is..."first taste is free...then you're mine..."

I need to thank Buck and Bill and Maddie for hauling me all the way back up the CTT and not simply running away while I crawled back slowly to HSV.

Thank you so much to Rick, Rod and everyone who didn't panic and pitched in to put the crossmember back together...and for Cody cheering us on when it was fixed.

Simply a wonderful time. Thank you all.

Finally and sadly, no way I'll make an April trip...we'll be back to sea supporting the troops in Afghanland supporting from the sea and from the skies...

Now where do I go get a real size truck?????
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath

Post by Silverslk »

OK Guys. Negotiations with Tom broke down and I am forced to post proof that the Baja F250 has a weakness......Told you I would Tom......now its too late to pay me!! :D
Attachments
Tom Tow.JPG
Tom Tow.JPG (98.44 KiB) Viewed 1286 times
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath

Post by SteveG »

Tell me it isn't so, Tom! You were towing him in reverse. Right?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath

Post by tcm glx »

I got to stand up for Tom.... he was yanking Randy backwards, but the illusion sure can be golden!
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Well you know the cover is blown yes Tom was pulling me backwards (sorry Andy) I can't let Tom down after all the help he gave me.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath

Post by Silverslk »

tcm glx wrote:I got to stand up for Tom.... he was yanking Randy backwards, but the illusion sure can be golden!
Were you there or up ahead 5 miles away jumping your rig?? :(

Didn't last nearly as long you thought huh Tom?? hahaha
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
User avatar
BajaF250
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath

Post by BajaF250 »

Ahhhh, Andy is a wily devil. He is trying to besmirch the good name and reputation of the Metallic Mint Green BajaF250… the desert monster! Alas, things aren’t as they seem. You see… Andy has capitalized on a very innocent and good deed to my Bronco brethren out amidst the wilds of Baja. Now the truth will set me free from this unscrupulous cad! I was not to leave fellow off roader unnecessarily stranded in the hinterlands to be put at high risk to their lives from Banditos and chupacabra. Poor, poor Randy (aka, HTO) and his beautiful co-driver, Carly, were frightfully stuck with a mal-running engine in the “Red Beast.” Fear struck through the hearts of our young helpless travelers with no repairs in sight to their trusty steed! The unwavering Metallic Mint Green BajaF250 was there to the rescue and towed, yes, TOWED the Red Beast BACKWARDs from an exceptionally narrow and treacherous trail in which they were so perilously foundered.
This dastardly louse has slyly cropped the photo to exclude the rear taillights showing the illuminating backup lights showing the steadfast Metallic Mint Green BajaF250 is actually in reverse. And, he even went as far to erase any traces of dust off of the wheels showing the reverse tow! What cunning, what deceit, and what unmitigated gall to think he could pull the wool over the eyes of this noble group!
I offer proof that this young lout is trying to extort cold, hard cash and to defile the good honor of the altruistic deed. Even his post is proof that he tried but blundered to extort.
I expose this rat, this scoundrel to you all… to divulge this dastardly act which brings shame to us all…


Crap... I'm way too slow in response... you're right Andy... it didn't last nearly as long as I'd thought! :lol: :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol:
User avatar
BajaF250
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath

Post by BajaF250 »

HaHaHa... :lol: Actually, Andy and I concocted the whole thing just to mess with each other... man, I'm just way too slow on the draw! I suck! Sorry Andy! :lol: :lol:
User avatar
BajaF250
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath

Post by BajaF250 »

jackiegleeson wrote::mrgreen: Ladies and Gents - Thank you all very much for allowing me to come along for the experience! Absolutely awesome trip with some of the best folks around. What an introduction to off-roading...y'all let me drag the little orange Jeep along and I just simply didn't stop learning and smiling the entire weekend...could NEVER dream up a better first time off-road experience or group to learn from and share a trip!

Thanks for the AWESOME photos too!

Please let me personally thank Tom and Julie - for all the time spent allowing me to work on the Jeep and teaching me how to not just quit while fixing the last guy's "good handiwork." Blame Tom for the Jeep...he drove me to Utah to get it...blame Julie for enabling Tom's off-road habit and finally, blame Tom for being the "Baja Crack Dealer" that he is..."first taste is free...then you're mine..."

I need to thank Buck and Bill and Maddie for hauling me all the way back up the CTT and not simply running away while I crawled back slowly to HSV.

Thank you so much to Rick, Rod and everyone who didn't panic and pitched in to put the crossmember back together...and for Cody cheering us on when it was fixed.

Simply a wonderful time. Thank you all.

Finally and sadly, no way I'll make an April trip...we'll be back to sea supporting the troops in Afghanland supporting from the sea and from the skies...

Now where do I go get a real size truck?????

Jackie,
Rick is right, you get the Iron Man award for keeping pace and smoking through the Baja with your trusty steed! Well done, I know your innards are all scrambled from the jostling you endured the entire weekend! Well done! It was a true pleasure to have you along and hope you can make the next trip, or the one after...
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath

Post by Silverslk »

BajaF250 wrote:Ahhhh, Andy is a wily devil. He is trying to besmirch the good name and reputation of the Metallic Mint Green BajaF250… the desert monster! Alas, things aren’t as they seem. You see… Andy has capitalized on a very innocent and good deed to my Bronco brethren out amidst the wilds of Baja. Now the truth will set me free from this unscrupulous cad! I was not to leave fellow off roader unnecessarily stranded in the hinterlands to be put at high risk to their lives from Banditos and chupacabra. Poor, poor Randy (aka, HTO) and his beautiful co-driver, Carly, were frightfully stuck with a mal-running engine in the “Red Beast.” Fear struck through the hearts of our young helpless travelers with no repairs in sight to their trusty steed! The unwavering Metallic Mint Green BajaF250 was there to the rescue and towed, yes, TOWED the Red Beast BACKWARDs from an exceptionally narrow and treacherous trail in which they were so perilously foundered.
This dastardly louse has slyly cropped the photo to exclude the rear taillights showing the illuminating backup lights showing the steadfast Metallic Mint Green BajaF250 is actually in reverse. And, he even went as far to erase any traces of dust off of the wheels showing the reverse tow! What cunning, what deceit, and what unmitigated gall to think he could pull the wool over the eyes of this noble group!
I offer proof that this young lout is trying to extort cold, hard cash and to defile the good honor of the altruistic deed. Even his post is proof that he tried but blundered to extort.
I expose this rat, this scoundrel to you all… to divulge this dastardly act which brings shame to us all…


Crap... I'm way too slow in response... you're right Andy... it didn't last nearly as long as I'd thought! :lol: :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol:
Tom, I was rolling, reading that whole thing!!!! Thats great!!!
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
Post Reply