Page 1 of 2
1994 "Tortilla Getter"
Posted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:02 am
by 450xracer68
Well finally decided I was at that point to start a build thread. After looking for months on the right Bronco that wasn't junked out, I bought a 1994 Bronco from a guy up in Oxnard for a deal I couldn't pass up. Only thing wrong was the A/C didn't work but that was an easy fix!. Original plan was to build a stock sleeper, but since this has been something I have wanted to build as a kid I figured I'd try to make my dream come true!
Front;
4" over front end I built in my shop.
35's
Fox 2.5 Coilovers
Giant Engine Cage
OhhCho Radius Arms & Mounts
Other Misc Things
Solo Roll Cage
Rear:
Undecided really at this point
64" Link Killer was first on the mind
Short Course link style set up
Bypasses
Ford 9" OR Currie Rear end
Re: 1994 "Tortilla Getter"
Posted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:21 am
by 450xracer68

Started to Extend and weld up my beams. Haven't picked up the Tig Torch in a while and it shows.

Plated and adding the truss

Finally got my uniballs and drilled the cups out.

PIcked up these Beauties!

Halfway there, need to mount up and tack Uniballs for 1" Forward location. Cut and turned on the Jig I made. She should be good at a 4" Lift!
Should be Picking up shocks and Engine Cage Tuesday. Then i'll bring the bronco to my shop to start tearing her down.

Re: 1994 "Tortilla Getter"
Posted: Mon May 07, 2018 5:50 pm
by redrdr67
Looks great from here. Coming along nicely.
1994 "Tortilla Getter"
Posted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:22 pm
by Bajaluv
Clean Bronco, clean FAB work !! Off to a great start dude. I say link killer, but I’m a fan
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Re: 1994 "Tortilla Getter"
Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:23 am
by IV95BRONCO
one of them 2 options for the rear will work awesome with that front end ur throwing at it
1994 "Tortilla Getter"
Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:25 pm
by 450xracer68
IV95BRONCO wrote:one of them 2 options for the rear will work awesome with that front end ur throwing at it
Short course links I’m guessing?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1994 "Tortilla Getter"
Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:37 pm
by 450xracer68
Score!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: 1994 "Tortilla Getter"
Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:02 pm
by IV95BRONCO
450xracer68 wrote:IV95BRONCO wrote:one of them 2 options for the rear will work awesome with that front end ur throwing at it
Short course links I’m guessing?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup LINKS for sure! bitchin u sure did scored on that giant kit & coilovers from fb lol
Re: 1994 "Tortilla Getter"
Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:02 pm
by alpinejd3
Nice looking bronco, your plan should have that thing dialed in no time. Can't wait to see how this turns out.
1994 "Tortilla Getter"
Posted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:06 pm
by 450xracer68
Little progress today!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: 1994 "Tortilla Getter"
Posted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:12 pm
by biggiek
Score I was trying to pick up that stuff glad to see you got it!
1994 "Tortilla Getter"
Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:27 pm
by 450xracer68
Been plugging along little by little.

Hung a fender to see what it would look like. Needed some motivation that day lol.

Started tearing apart fenders and started the engine cage.

Drilled hole for the engine cage and started on the shocks today. They are mocked up and will most likely be the final spot unless someone sees something wrong.
Final travel numbers are 18.5” for the driver side and 19” for the passenger side. I could go another 1/4” up on DRS before I hit my cross member. Next will be seeing clearances with my axles in. Just need them to get finished up.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1994 "Tortilla Getter"
Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:34 pm
by 450xracer68
Tucked

Ride height should be about 2 inches lower from this point. Kind hard to get a picture in this spot at the shop.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: 1994 "Tortilla Getter"
Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:16 pm
by biggiek
Always wanted to do glass how rough is it to accomplish?
1994 "Tortilla Getter"
Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:47 pm
by 450xracer68
biggiek wrote:Always wanted to do glass how rough is it to accomplish?
It’s not on all the way, I just hung it there. Honestly, the stocks came off fast. It’s putting everything back together is what is going to be fun. I will most likely running the inner fender to keep everything kept in place good.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1994 "Tortilla Getter"
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:38 pm
by 450xracer68
Work has been crazy, so I have been working on it when I can. Spent a couple days getting it from peices to something that looks semi done lol.
Beams are done and suspension cycled. Everything is in its final spot.
Ran all brake lines with 2 flex lines and AN-3 fittings. Hardline down the radius arm. Fenders got to go but I’m not worried about them.
Measured it out today and she’ll be strapped at 18.5 with no binding.
Steering is next, plan on just extending stock adjusters until I can order my double swing steering. Limit straps and bumps will be ordered by end of the week. My plan is to have it driveable in At least a week! Anybody got the hook up on 35’s? Haha
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1994 "Tortilla Getter"
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:36 pm
by Bajaluv
Big steps man, looks great !!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Re: 1994 "Tortilla Getter"
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:53 am
by funinthesun95
nice
1994 "Tortilla Getter"
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:45 pm
by Andy Jones
Looking good!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1994 "Tortilla Getter"
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:01 pm
by 450xracer68