Page 1 of 1

Tanner's Polished Turd

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:10 pm
by tanneraz21
I've been slacking on starting this build thread, partly due to the fact that I seem to not remember to take pictures until it is too late, and everyone knows they check out build threads for the pictures! With that being said Here is my Bronco, slow and steady build with moderate plans for upgrades as my budget allows.

I am going to do a few catching up posts then from there on I'll try to regularly update.

These first two pictures are of when I first got the bronco drivable.

Re: Tanner's Polished Turd

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:12 pm
by tanneraz21
Quickly ditched the running boards and rear wing.
At this point I was just driving it to and from work/school to work out some of the bugs. (It had previously sat for about 8 years)

Re: Tanner's Polished Turd

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:34 pm
by tanneraz21
Scored a set of 33/10.5/15 Toyo M/Ts for $480 with about 85-90% tread life. This is how I have been driving it for 8 months now.

Re: Tanner's Polished Turd

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:36 pm
by tanneraz21
Bought a set of National 3" 10-pack leaf springs at the end of December.

Re: Tanner's Polished Turd

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:40 pm
by tanneraz21
Here are the cores I picked up and started to degrease and hit with a wire wheel, but decided to send them to the sand blaster.
Sent them off to Threat Motorsports and after a quick turn around I drove out to California to pick them up this past weekend. :D

Re: Tanner's Polished Turd

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:56 pm
by S00TLYFE
Subbed

Re: Tanner's Polished Turd

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:28 pm
by RyanDS650X
Looks good man. Are you in Payson?

Re: Tanner's Polished Turd

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:01 pm
by tanneraz21
RyanDS650X wrote:Looks good man. Are you in Payson?
I live in the west valley, But that last picture I posted was up near woods canyon.

Re: Tanner's Polished Turd

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:10 pm
by tanneraz21
Front shocks came in, rears should be here by the end of the week. I am also looking for extended brake lines. Any suggestions?

Re: Tanner's Polished Turd

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:28 pm
by S00TLYFE
tanneraz21 wrote: I am also looking for extended brake lines. Any suggestions?
Got mine from summit for like $60 all 4. Can't remember brand but they're steel braided and nice.

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:49 pm
by Wrightracing.net
These look like they would be good. I have had good results with other Russell products.
Although it is not a big deal, some brake lines are not street legal.
These are advertised as street Legal.

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/rus-696490



David...

Re: Tanner's Polished Turd

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:07 am
by S00TLYFE
Actually those are the ones I ended up buying, worked great.

Re:

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:32 pm
by tanneraz21
Wrightracing.net wrote:These look like they would be good. I have had good results with other Russell products.
Although it is not a big deal, some brake lines are not street legal.
These are advertised as street Legal.

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/rus-696490



David...
Will they work? application chart says they're for super duty's and excursions?

Tanner's Polished Turd

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:29 pm
by Wrightracing.net
Here is the part numbers for Russell's

Image

David...

Re: Tanner's Polished Turd

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:01 pm
by tanneraz21
All new Brake lines, ball joints, alignment cams and pivot bushings

Re: Tanner's Polished Turd

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:50 am
by tanneraz21
All new moog stock steering